Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So the respec system in Torchlight 2...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 7:48:53 AM PST
...is kinda lame. You can only remove your last 3 points added. Essentially if you want to get a feel for different builds...you have to build a new one each time? Oh and if you reset your skills via console, you're flagged to the MP community- which now sees you as hacking pariah scum, probably wont let you into their games/ban your character from joining them. ever.
This is the most backwards thing I've heard of in a while. Why cant I hit max level and then be given the ability to do a full respec? Or maybe even after I complete Veteran mode? I verified there is no full respec but no one (at Runic) is giving a reason why.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:51:36 AM PST
Let's just say this, I played maybe 2 hours of TL2 - and I won't play it again for some time. It was so boring and cartoony I couldn't get into it.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:52:50 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
respeck knuckles

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:01:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 8:03:26 AM PST
Cartoony, yes- but the way the skills trees are layered, and the diverse playstyles, I defintely dont find it boring. I find it lame that I need to pre-plan every point with a skill calculator, cause if I misplace 1( or 3) points, I could be stuck with them for the life of the char... just doesnt make sense

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:06:29 AM PST
There is a respec potion mod for skills, but not stats.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:11:37 AM PST
Diablo 2 was the same way, you had to plan all your skills carefully before spending them. Good thing they introduced the token later in the game and made Akara have a change button.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:14:09 AM PST
does this mod get your char flagged after use? cause everything in the forums is saying any kind of skill reset will get you flagged.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:19:14 AM PST
Many of the mods do not flag you, but make sure you back everything up first just in case.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:18:55 AM PST
Wait, Diablo 2 has a respec option?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions