In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:58:41 PM PDT
J. says:
PS3 users are also lazy readers.

FACT!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:59:21 PM PDT
J. says:
Ha.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 2:06:51 PM PDT
PS3 you're doing a great job and imma let you finish...but 360 has the worst fanboys of all time! of all time!

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 2:07:08 PM PDT
My ________ is ________ than your _________!

Nuh uh!!

Uh huh!!!

MOM!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 2:08:32 PM PDT
@ tots

Now THAT is funny!!!!

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 2:19:05 PM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
Alex Trebek/atemoe209 says:
Look, I have said it before and will say it again; if you really think one set of fanboys are better than the other than you are ignorant. Manny, when people like M, Fryfat, EG, Trever Growe, 12oz mouse spout their nonsense what do you have to say about that? All fanboys are bad but saying one group is worse makes you seem like a big fanboy yourself.

-------------------

Dude, I wouldn't know what M says half the freggin' time....why? <You are ignoring this customer>

It works, you should try it out. And most of the time when i do see check to see what he's posting(one cant pick the one you want to read), its generally outside my interests-a ps3 game thread his infiltrating. I have no say there and i dont follow line by line those arguments between fanboys, lord knows that is time i'll never get back. Listen man, i have my opinions like anyone else, i just dont try to persuade other people to make decisions based on the reasons I make mine.

What i do see is the ridiculous David Gaffe/XboxLuVR/RMS/AnthonyC.Rodgers/I.Flores/MelBrooks flamebaits...the same old tired : RROD, PSN is free, you pay because you are an Xbot, KZ2 Halo killer, my exclusives are >than yours, Xbox 360 loses another exclusive, my HDD is better than yours...its all so calculated and desperate with the intention of somehow having one newb/bystander agree with them and buy a PS3 because of their bias and misinformed drivel. Its plainly obvious, and thats where rubbernecking a car crash comes into place...

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 2:37:41 PM PDT
In the last couple weeks the PS3 fanboys (Not fans. FanBOYS) have been making an extra hard push for some reason. I can't lay this on all of them. Mostly it's been just the one. It just gets irritating, is all.

The OP's article comes from a known phenomenon on Destructoid where if you have anything negative to say about a company it tends to turn out that you must be SO MADLY ANTI-[brandname] THAT YOU ARE COMPARABLE UNTO HITLER YOU UGLY AWFUL PERSON YOU! The Sony guys tend to do it the most. I'm sure the Xbox guys did it last gen. Something about being the underdog makes you go crazy, I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 2:43:26 PM PDT
Wow, M. clearly has way too much time on his hands. I'm guessing he's an Xbox owner.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 2:51:00 PM PDT
Is no one seeing the link at the beginning of the post...?

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 3:00:11 PM PDT
How long does it take for milk to become intelligent after it passes the exparation date?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 3:00:24 PM PDT
Admiral55 says:
manny:

Ignore works just as well on PS3 trolls as it does on 360 trolls.

You seem like a fairly balanced guy, and you're up front about your preference of the 360 over anything else. I do find it interesting that your last post amounted to "360 trolls? Eh, I just ignore 'em. Boys will be boys, after all. But those PS3 trolls....argh I CAN'T STAND THEM THEY ARE ALL FULL OF CRAP AND THEY ARE ALL DESPERATE AND THEY ARE TRYING TO POISON THE UNINFORMED!"

There is a bit of a double standard, IMO?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 3:05:15 PM PDT
There really isn't that much difference between that and buying the ripoff best buy guarantee.

Are you serious? My membership at Costco gives me a warranty that is better than Worst Buys any day of the week. I have a Costco membership because I have a family and buy many things in Bulk. I bought 62" HDTV from there and a year later took it back because it was having issues. I also did this with the Samsung 1500 Blu-Ray player (ended up getting two of these units because they were faulty) the 2nd unit I replaced with a Panasonic BD35. Plus at Worst Buy you actually PAY for EVERY extended warranty, at Costco every electronic purchase made is covered under the $50 membership. I don't see the parallels. I didn't spend a dime on those replacements. I also buy plenty of other items at Costco as well. I go there about twice a month.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 3:06:20 PM PDT
benji says:
you sir are BRUTALLY honest like myself

i no a few ppl that are so freakin defensive about sony i cant make a comment about the gameplay without being booted out of their house

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 3:06:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 3:07:29 PM PDT
but Apple has the worst fanboys of all time! of all time!

Fixed Tots:) They are even crazier than the SDF. They are on the level of PETA & Green Peace.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 3:17:10 PM PDT
Its Mel Brooks not MelBrooks. And the PS2 is still my gaming console of choice. I'm playing MGS 2 right now.

l=P

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 3:27:07 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 24, 2009 2:20:13 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 3:28:13 PM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
Oh I know this, they all are blocked. And of course it goes both ways.

Admiral55, i cant help but to find DoC to be pure comedy gold. And the man talks GAMES, with the best of'm as apparently hes a good gamer to boot, both consoles. Sorry he gets a pass, he's too entertaining.

Fryfat? I was not aware he liked any console but the Wii and his PC. If only to talk 360 up in ways to get a rise out of PS3 fanboys. Do sales data/comparison really hurt?

M. is the most engaged here with his 'clunky' digs, apparently he has a secret crush on some of the PS3 exclusives.

So i see really exactly what the article suggests. I see about 2-3 people having a field day with about twice or more PS3 fanboys.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 3:31:14 PM PDT
M. says:
"Look, I have said it before and will say it again; if you really think one set of fanboys are better than the other than you are ignorant."

Did you even read the article? I suppose the journalist who wrote this article is a fanboy also? Face it, someone who deals with each groups of fanboys, who is completely un-biased is saying they ARE the worst based on his experience working on a gaming website. What dont you people understand about that?

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 3:38:39 PM PDT
I love how some people are acting like M. did this whole thing himself, sat down and typed it all out, simply to post here. This just goes to show that people won't truly read something but rather read the title of a thread and then start posting away. I won't lie and said I read the whole thing, but I read a vast majority of it and completely understand where the writer is coming from.

What is even funnier to me is those who come in here, being well known fanboys themselves, and attempt to bash other types of fanboys in hopes of people seeing all fanboys as being equally bad.

Now pretty much all fanboys are bad in their own ways, but some are just worse than others. Everyone just have a good laugh and not turn this into an all out flame war simply because you fear that you might fall into one of the categories getting their chops busted. It is the internet people, lighten up.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 3:46:13 PM PDT
No, in all honesty there are twice as many 360 fanboys here. Sure the 3 main PS3 fanboys are more vocal but this place is way more 360 friendly. M takes the cake for dumbest ignorant fanboy though. This time last year there were two other winners by the names of EG and Trever Growe who would die for Microsoft, they made RMS look like a genius in comparison.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 3:50:34 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 22, 2009 8:50:20 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 3:52:31 PM PDT
M. says:
"No, in all honesty there are twice as many 360 fanboys here."

Why do the PS3 forums get double the amount of traffic then?

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 3:53:40 PM PDT
W3ap0n-X says:
Ugh. In the future post a cliffnotes version. Tone of the article seems a little defensive to me. The assumption of a few "spoiled rich kids" is probably accurate, though.

I enjoy my PS3...but have a Wii and an XBox 360 again that will eventually make its way to the garage to be played when I have my occasional cigar. Heck, I'm taking my little brother to the midnight release of ODST tonight and look forward to the Gathering o' the Geeks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 3:56:29 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 3:56:50 PM PDT
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: my grandma what big bewbs you have! The better to motorboat you with my dear. 8765 54 seconds ago
I need a game like skyrim to play... 32 2 minutes ago
Ps4 now $349 at Walmart sale 7 3 minutes ago
Please listen, I am from the future of 2016. 34 6 minutes ago
Two cops assinated in NYC to avenge Garner/Browm 54 6 minutes ago
Steam Holiday trading card thread. 3 14 minutes ago
Don draper and Xturd fanboys: your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory 0 15 minutes ago
Steam Winter Sale 2014 Thread 225 33 minutes ago
MSFT not messing around. Xone outselling PS4 3:1 on Amazon 111 41 minutes ago
Sony's online PlayStation Store victim of cyber attack 105 42 minutes ago
7 Reasons Why the PS4 Will Dominate in 2015 4 51 minutes ago
Reminder, Best Buy GCU $30 with no purchase necessary 4 57 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  189
Initial post:  Sep 20, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions