Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Obligitory Borderlands 2 Impression/Discussion Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1401-1425 of 1638 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:23:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 5:25:28 AM PDT
bethesda was far worse than this is. Nothing in Skyrim could even hurt me, let alone kill me. Fought 3 dragons at once. and my health didn't really drop much. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing Skyrim.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:25:41 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
What difficulty?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:27:31 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
no i know that Skyrim is an awful leveling system lol! thats why i said most bethesda games. :)

more like fallouts and oblivion where the enemies and loot scales along with you.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 10:18:15 AM PDT
I thought the level system in BLands was pretty good. Instead of outleveling my mobs I found I had to do side missions because the mobs were always 2/3 levels higher than me if you went full story mode. But if you really want a challenge, beat the game in TVHM, dont take any side missions, when you kill the warrior in TVHM, all the quests you didnt pick up scale to 50 (as well as the loot rewards)

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 4:16:52 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WTTLkqycac&feature=related%26%238207%3B

A glitch was found where you can raid Leviathan's lair as many times as you want. It's supposed to work on every platform. I can confirm that it works on the PS3 since I have done it too many times already. I have found 6 legendary weapons out of the chests in the room so far including a Potential Conference Call.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:42:08 AM PST
Slicksnake says:
Thanks for the heads up Pardee.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:59:30 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
i am on my way to get the purple or better in every slot achievement. i just need to hit level 28 with my mechromancer (at 19 now), and find a purple relic. i have not come accross a single purple relic yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 6:29:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 6:29:51 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
No problem! The glitch definitely works and I have gotten some awesome things out of it.

Conference Call
Baby Maker
Infinity
Bunny
Legendary Assassin Class Mod

I have probably found well over 10 items from the glitch now. I won't mention how many times I have done it though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:48:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:53:31 AM PST
waxc3 says:
lol omg that is so weird!!!! thanks :)

edit: i didnt know there is a secret chest at the bottom of the pyramid!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:56:52 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Anytime! It's a glitch in the game that is completely worth doing.

Lol, yeah there is even a challenge for finding that chest!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:09:31 AM PST
waxc3 says:
it looks kinda awkward and slow to do. but at least theres a way to return. i was bummed that i could only fight him twice in my own game. the loot in those chests was far superior to warrior and super tresher boy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:15:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 8:18:43 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
The only part that is really slow to do is when you hit both the walls and you try to jump to get the motion of walking upwards. That part can be tough to get but the rest is really easy to do.

I have been doing it so much I don't even pick any of the weapons up unless it's a legendary or a really good purple. I don't need the money from doing it any longer since I have 18 million and selling weapons just makes the process take longer.

BTW, if you try doing the glitch with multiple characters to get better loot, make sure that all the characters have beaten the leviathan already. I tried adding a new character into my game to get better loot. If you are already in the area, when the new character shows up he is in the leviathan still. If you then restart the game with you still being in the area you will then be forced to fight Roscoe and the Leviathan again because the other character hasn't completed that quest already.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:38:52 PM PST
Nicos says:
So did they nerf the drop rates or add a global cooldown for bosses/minibosses now? I was attempting to farm Hunter Helquist for the Bee and the first five times he only dropped white or green items. Starting on the sixth time he quit dropping ANYTHING. Not even money. I farmed him 12 or 14 more times and he still did not drop anything. I noticed the same thing with Dr. Mercy.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 3:37:53 AM PST
Pure luck

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:08:46 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Unfortunately drop rates seem to be all based on luck. I was able to get The Bee on my 18th try. I have heard other people farming it for hours.

The only bosses that have a cool down would be Hyperius and Master Gee in the DLC.

Speaking of Hyperius, I beat him last night with with another person! We did it on our first try and he wasn't really difficult overall since we knew what to expect and we were using the Baby Maker/Infinity Pistol combo.

We tried fighting Master Gee after and he is a completely different story. Normal strategy is completely useless since he can't be damaged by weapons at all. The strategy for him is to kill the worms in the area and get Master Gee to step into the pool or be right next to when a worm dies since a geyser of acid pours out of him. We tried him with three people about 5-6 times and we couldn't get him. We got his shield down completely and his health down to a little less than half but we died.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:19:35 AM PST
Nicos says:
Well I finally got my Bee shield. I spent an hour farming Hunter Helquist on the first run. Probably 50 kills or so. Nothing. 25% of the time he didn't appear to drop anything, unless he was dropping money and my char was so close that they auto-picked it up and I didn't notice. I took a break and came back and then on the third or fourth attempt I found it. It is not the best version though. Only 44k bonus damage. Only. Ha. It makes such a difference though. Next up is Madame Bartleby. I am also farming that Dev chest that is nearby her too so I can complete that BA challenge for the three million bucks.

Speaking of Master Gee, yeah.. I saw those vids and it is crazy. I seriously doubt I am going to even fight him or Hyperius. Too much of a hassle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:08:34 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i think the bee i wear on two of my characters is 56,000 or so. i have three others that are a little less but add fire or acid immunity.

thoe two bosses are awful. another time gearbox dlc has something that absolutely sucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 10:23:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 10:23:35 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Nice job on getting The Bee! A level 50 will always have the same level but the stats will just be moved somewhere else. My capacity is only around 20K with my damage being 49K but my recharge rate is better compared to most others I have seen.

Master Gee is doable with the right strategy. Archer, Gyoza, Rabbit, and I beat him last night! We actually beat him twice but I was hosting and my game froze the second we killed him so it didn't count me beating him. Luckily we were able to get back and beat him a second time without my game freezing since I looked the opposite way before he died.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 3:02:00 AM PST
Nicos says:
Yeah, it is a monster. That plus the conference call and I mowed down the Warrior in like 5 minutes, and Terramorphous in less than that.

Wow, well good job on taking that guy out. Once I saw the video for it I was like... no thanks. Hyperius doesn't seem to be that annoying since you can avoid his attacks fairly easily and just focus on the minions, but Master Gee and the whole acid puddle thing.. yeesh. Did he drop anything cool for you at least?

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 4:57:18 AM PST
I had this weird dream last night about Borderlands 2. I was fighting what looked like a big Thrasher, somewhat like the size of old slappy. But it was actually ME fighting it, not me playing the game. It was kinda wierd, I even had the 4 weapons my character normally used.

After weakening it I eventually killed it and it dropped like 55-6 orange weapons... two were Hellfiers and one was a conference Call... then my cat woke me up.

This is the sign I think that I've played a biiiit too much BL2.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:40:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 8:53:17 AM PST
waxc3 says:
borderlands 2 and gearbox broke my heart yesterday.

went to play and there was a new update.
one thing it did was ZERO OUT MY B'ASS RANKING!!!! and i lost ALL of my heads and colors and i lost everything in my claptrap safe!!!!

i ran to the internet to research what happened.
a fix is on the way. it will recaculate your b'ass number and re-add in your bonuses.
it will also give you back any head or colors earned from b'ass rankings.

you permanently lose all colors and heads you found from chests, slot machines, boss drops, or trades!
you lose anything you had in your claptrap safe.

i lost 4 orange items and over 100 heads and colors for my 5 characters and vehicles. plus my 16000 or whatever b'ass points for now and all of my stat bonuses.
i am furious and will never forgive them. i dont think they can comp me anything that will make it better.

if the glitch didnt hit you, congrats! :) if you havent played in a while i say avoid playing for a while.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:49:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 8:50:11 AM PST
This on PC or Xbox or PS3?

also I'm so sorry to hear about what happened =( It would beyond suck to lose everything after all that...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:52:33 AM PST
waxc3 says:
thanks. im so sad. im such a collector and lost so much :(

it was on 360. according to the gearbox forum its a glitch on all three systems that effected many but not all users.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:56:18 AM PST
Is there any chance you can get it back? I dunno how they would but...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:00:35 AM PST
waxc3 says:
no. the only way threy can "fix" it they explained.

it will do the math upon continuing a character. it will add the points of all completed challenges and recaculate what your b'ass ranking should be. then it will see what colors and heads you would have earned from those challenges.
then you need to save and quit.

everything else is lost permanently.

they are sorry it happened and are very proud of the fix they programmed but for me... im depressed and saddened so much.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xd9de3c14)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  1638
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions