Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Less than a month now until Ni No Kuni releases

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 62 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 10:09:59 AM PST
Who else is excited to receive their Wizards Edition besides me!?

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:10:31 AM PST
Benpachi says:
I'm more excited to play the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:11:30 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I am, I am!!!

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:12:04 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I'm excited to get my steel book at gamestop.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:14:02 AM PST
Chocolette says:
I'm afraid.

I have to change the address in my preorder and I'm afraid that Namco Bandai might not let me...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:14:48 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Why wouldn't they?

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:15:13 AM PST
J. Niles says:
Can't wait to play the game. I need a good new RPG to play.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:15:47 AM PST
G-Money says:
Yep, waiting on that wizards edition

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:16:40 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
They actually probably won't. People over on Neogaf have said that Namco won't allow any sort of changes to your order. I would make sure that either the post office will forward the package to you or have the person living at the old address do it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:20:04 AM PST
Chocolette says:
Really? Now I'm depressed. I might have to cancel completely.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:21:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 10:26:43 AM PST
ChuChu Train says:
im excitied for the 1/2 off in 7 months :D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:24:31 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
yikes, found this story when I was looking to see if a shipping address can be changed: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=39890

That really sucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:26:36 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Well if there is a chance that you can have the package forwarded by the post office I would try that before canceling it. I personally haven't tried changing my order but that's what I have heard at least.

Strider, can you post the article?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:28:12 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
"A few months ago I made a thread here about Namco releasing a limited edition of Ni No Kuni exclusively on their online store. Being as excited as I am for this game (Studio Ghibli and Level-5? Come on that's a match made in heaven, who wouldn't be!) I ordered it as soon as it was announced. However the one issue at the time was they didn't ship outside of the US and me being in Canada had to use a deputy service that would ship it to me.

All was good, I ordered the item, paid in full, and entered the deputy services US address. I didn't mind paying a tad more for shipping since it was something I really wanted. Anyways, a month or so passes by and due to an influx of emails from Canadians crying, Namco announces they are now offering Canadian shipping as well. Awesome! I don't have to use the deputy service anymore nor pay extra because of it.

I went to namcos store and tried to switch my shipping address on the order but couldn't find the option anywhere. I then emailed Namco asking if they could switch my shipping address for me, from the US address to my actual Canadian one. No problem right? Here's how it went down.

- I emailed Namco asking if they could switch my address on the order.
- They emailed me back saying they sent the request for the address change but it MAY or MAY NOT be changed.
- I emailed them back asking if it was possible they could update me when they heard more information on it
- They replied saying it isn't possible to know if the shipping address is changed UNTIL the order gets sent out (In January)... uhh... okay... that's real helpful...
- Not trusting that, I emailed them back asking if I it was possible to just cancel my order and order it again using my correct address (Keep in mind I didn't ACTUALLY ask them to cancel the order, I just wanted to know if that was a possibility in conjunction with ordering a new one - A simple yes/no answer would have sufficed)
- They emailed me back saying they went ahead and cancelled my order (WTF?) and that I should order a new one
- A little outraged that they cancelled it when I hadn't actually requested they do it yet, I attempted to go on their store page again and re-order the limited edition using my correct address. Of course... it's no longer available for order. Sold-out. Great...
- I emailed them back saying how that was unfair for them to cancel my order when I hadn't made that request, and that their suggestion to "order a new one" wasn't possible due to it no longer being available on their store. I demanded they reverse my previous order cancellation.
- They emailed me back saying the cancellation can't be reversed.
- I emailed them a long spiel about how their actions have been totally ridiculous and shameful and that ALL i wanted was a simple address change. How could that not be possible when the game doesn't even ship for 3 - 4 months? Are they lazy or stupid?
- They just emailed me back with some automated email saying they can no longer help me with this case."

I guess he later tried calling but that didn't help either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:28:32 AM PST
Chocolette says:
I don't even know how to go about doing that at the post office. Completely depressed now....

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:28:37 AM PST
After playing that demo, I'm absolutely getting it, though I'm surprised it's so popular around here considering how arguably alike the exploration is to Final Fantasy XIII's from what the demo showed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:30:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 10:30:35 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Well, smart people like Final Fantasy XIII as well, though I personally didn't find them to be very similar.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:30:29 AM PST
Chocolette says:
And I think they're closed for the holiday. I'm not going to bother emailing. I'll call and see what I can do, but I'm not hopeful.

*cries in a corner*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:31:35 AM PST
Lol I haven't played it, but I noticed only about 4 people here like XIII.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:31:53 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Thank you for posting the article, Strider! =D

Yeah, that's absolutely ridiculous customer service on Namco's part. A child could make better policies than they do.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:33:28 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Was anyone else a little disappointed by the demo?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:34:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 10:47:09 AM PST
Nope. The combat, music, visuals, and story are all very engaging.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:48:56 AM PST
ChuChu Train says:
The only thing I didn't like was the lack of battle tutorials esp for a demo. Died a few times the first time I played it cuz I didn't really understand the controls.

Btw does the game restart after a certain amount of time? I went afk for a bit then came back and was at the starting screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:57:23 AM PST
Benpachi says:
?

Ni no Kuni actually has a world map, unlike the 30 hour tutorial hallway of FF XIII.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:59:39 AM PST
Oh snap!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  62
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions