Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So new PSN Layout thoughts?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 2:23:43 PM PST
WeScYdE says:
So far I have not liked it at all, especially when it comes to add ons for a game. They might as well just put a search feature only to find stuff for a specific game because its no real order and what the H is Yoostar?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 2:26:06 PM PST
Zak Iarih says:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoostar

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 2:26:32 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
I like it. Like the icons and I fine everything I've been looking for easy enough. Yoostar 2 seemed like a good party game to rent for a weekend. Reviews were terrible though.

Yoostar 2: In The Movies - Xbox 360

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 2:28:17 PM PST
WeScYdE says:
Oh ok its a game no when i was looking up DLC there was a TON for this thing i was like WTH trying to look for other stuff.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 2:30:25 PM PST
I like it but I wish it was just a tad snappier. There is JUST enough lag going on with it to not feel right.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:31:56 PM PST
WeScYdE says:
yah i do agree with that takes a bit longer to load already and then that noticable lag is just enough. I think it looks nice but will give it a couple more weeks before i pass full judgement

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:34:58 PM PST
And it's not even that it's all that much lag, it's just enough that it's pretty noticable.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 2:53:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 2:54:19 PM PST
Jack Pacini says:
Eh... I liked the PSN store the way it was. It was simple yet functional. I NEVER had an issue finding anything before. The new set up it took me 10 minutes just to find the PS+ section. It's trying too hard to look more like XBL, and it makes it less functional, just like it did for XBL, at least for me. I imagine I'll get used to it after a while, but as for now I want my old PSN store back...

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 2:57:36 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I like, but the the meus need trimmed down a lot. The "hot on" in every menu is annoying..ect.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:58:25 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I think it looks more like Steam's Big Picture than XBL.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:21:09 PM PST
Benpachi says:
It's definitely an improvement, but it's still a bit of a pain to navigate. Looks nice though.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:36:14 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I played around with it a bit and I had to go back in and shut of the sound for XMB but I like it. It doesn't have noticeable lag (to me)and now that I've looked around I can find stuff easily.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:14:16 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
Liked the ability to stream trailers/video for new games, but I didn't like the search function and menu organization. Think I got sold on LBP Karting while I was browsing because of the video, lol.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:50:15 PM PST
It lags, which makes it worthless

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:42:04 AM PST
D. Snow says:
It is kind of choppy, in a bad way.

One nice new feature, it remembers items placed in the shopping cart if you leave the PS Store and then come back.

Screenshots for Vita games are full-screen on my hdtv, way too big. The right analog stick ought to scale the pictures
up or down.

Unbelievable that Sony STILL does not require that all items in the store have either screenshots or video clips.
I found some items with neither. Microsoft doesn't make these kind of mistakes in their store...

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:56:22 AM PST
If they got rid of the lag I would like it more. But I can't stand lag for no reason so at the moment I don't like it very much. Plus I don't' like that everything in the world seems to be moving to a tablet Style interface, Xbox does this already IMO. Those only work on tablets... which a TV and a PC (Windows 8) Is not. Yes i know there are tablet PCs, but not a lot of users have those. I know I don't.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:12:51 AM PST
Jack Pacini says:
No M$, just has no icon picture at all for games I already have such as; GTA San Andreas and of all things Hexic (you know the puzzle game that came pre-installed on every Xbox 360) The grey stand-in "picture-not-available" icons look like garbage next to my other XBL titles.

GTA:SA I kinda understand because I don't think it's available to buy still. But Hexic? Come the hell on M$. At least every game I have on PS3 has a icon picture, sheesh it's not like it's a hard thing to have. Scan the box art & paste, done. I'd fix it myself if I could.

Sorry about the rant, but it does irritate the hell out of me to not have an icon pic for those 2 games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:44:39 AM PST
It's just a pic though. If it was all text I would like it more. Less loading and maybe even less lag.

The only worse search system is the PS3's YouTube channel search bar. it is hands down the worst way to search for anything. EVER.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:20:18 PM PST
D. Snow says:
Jack P, no icon picture is irritating you are right. But what Sony is doing is different, and worse.

They want to sell you items in their store, with NO screen shots or video clips. I would not pay
a dime for something that I can't even preview. Microsoft would never do something like this.

Microsoft's plan for satisfied customers: screenshots, video clips, plus a free trial of the game.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:29:35 AM PST
Soulshine says:
So I think I hate the new PSN layout.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:30:31 AM PST
R. J. Gutt says:
Harder to find extras imho.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:32:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 4:32:29 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I just want to see a list instead of 3x3 boxes on the screen. Couldn't figure out if you can switch to a list like before.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:39:37 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I will tell you one thing I noticed last night that is about the DUMBEST crap on the PSN now. I went to download a demo and i had to go through the whole purchase of add to cart>checkout>confirm purchase>look at my wallet>finally confirm checkout for a FRIGGIN Demo?? And no it was not a time trial or a PS+ thing it was a normal demo

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:55:27 AM PST
I like how the Vita has it. Though I suppose it only works for a touch screen.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:58:52 AM PST
I'm warming up to the new layout I think.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions