Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

How'd Everyone's Weekend of Gaming Go?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 89 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 6:24:13 AM PST
FOGE says:
I played a lot of Assassins Creed III. Lost track but it was around 5 or 6 hours I think. Also played some Payday with Prankster and Kirksplosion. Thats a fun time when you have good partners. Definitely a challenging game though. Also got a little time with Halo 3 MP, Forza Unleashed and Mario Kart DS.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:25:12 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Just PvZ on the ol iPad.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:25:58 AM PST
I beat AC: Brotherhood finally. And then I rejoiced that I got my cable back and watched football.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:26:08 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I haven't played a videogame since Wednesday night, that will change in about 8 hours.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:28:27 AM PST
Spent around 7-8 hours getting my invasion build ready for Dark Souls PtD.

Tried out the Forge beta free trial and think it's okay, but definitely doesn't warrant a purchase right now....I'll try it out again tonight.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:30:34 AM PST
Marvelous says:
A whole frickin lot of Assassin's Creed III, it has GOTY written all over it. Also did some NFS The Run, and I'm so close to 100% Dead Space 2.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:31:43 AM PST
Finished the Costume Quest DLC last night, and also got a bit of Orcs Must Die in.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:33:21 AM PST
About 4.5 hours of Xenoblade and I am obsessed... still getting used to the battle system though. I am having a hard time getting chain attacks down.
Got through Chapter 2 of DQIV on the DS

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:33:44 AM PST
Lots and lots of guild wars. Also, against my better judgement, I bought a golden wii classic controller and The Last Story.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:35:33 AM PST
Good to hear! You'll pick things up with the battle system....it's pretty deep and takes a while to get a hang of.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:37:06 AM PST
Awesome! Let us know what you think once you start playing it.

Two posts in a row about VGF-ers playing/buying these great games (Xenoblade & The Last Story) makes me very very happy!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:40:05 AM PST
PSPgo?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:42:32 AM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
Got in a few hours of AC3 - loving the game. At this point, it's easily my favorite game in the series, and Connor's has grown to be my favorite assassin. Well done, Ubisoft. My brother-in-law actually played more Assassin's Creed on my profile than I did this weekend, though he only played multiplayer, which looks pretty darn cool, I must say.

Also played a bit of Payday: The Heist with Prankster and Foge. Was a good time, for sure. And most definitely challenging. And my teammates help me get a Trophy! ...bunch of punks...you don't leave a guy behind! No man left behind, right?!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:44:09 AM PST
Payday is a HARD game.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:44:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 6:46:19 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I picked up MLB The Show 2011 over the weekend, but I didn't play it. I spent all weekend playing AC3. I intentionally made no plans this weekend and "forgot" to take my phone off silent after work.

I got as far as assassinating my first templar. While I wasn't able to do it unseen, some of you will be pleased to hear you can sneak up on him and kill him without a chase/fight. Not quite up to AC1 in that regard, but you're a lot better than Ezio. Every assassination turned into a bloodbath, chase or both. I was able to get to him without being spotted and kill him. Unfortunately, after the standard AC death scene the guards attacked. I'm sure I could've run but fighting them was more fun. So stealth assassinations appear to be back!

Overall I'm pleased with AC3. But there are a lot of little things that are definitely unpolished. The menus feel awkward, you can't check club challenges in the DNA tracker, non-cutscene conversations feature painfully bad lip synching, wooden gestures and weird neck angles since you have to stand behind seated NPCs. There are several little glitches, like being able to walk through a table my assassin recruit was sitting at. The game as a whole is great, but there are several little things I can't believe made it past QA.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:45:37 AM PST
Yeah, I'm feeling a bit like an idiot for spending the money on it, but I'm hoping I'll enjoy it. I long for the feels that I got from the classic FF games with Sakaguchi and Uematsu.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:47:16 AM PST
FOGE says:
Hahaha Left 4 Dead! Great trophy. That was fun.

Haythem was my fave Assassins Creed character, though I am liking Conner a lot. Something about Haythem though. Hes so suave and ba. Total gentleman.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:48:21 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Who is the voice actor that plays him... I recongnize that voice!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:48:51 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
So how long are we thinking that ACIII is going to be in total length? I got 100% in AC2 at just about 30 hours. Longer/Shorter?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:49:39 AM PST
Finished Bioshock 2 plat awesome game saw three endings and I actually liked the MP.

Played about 5 hours of Sleeping Dogs I'm really liking the game the shooting cars while driving is done really well. I like that there isnt that much shooting in the game more kung fu and the story is pretty good and it seems like there are a ton of things to do other than story missions. Did the Karoke mini game for like 45 mins lol.

Also had a credit with PSN and broke down an bought NFS Most wanted downloaded the free trial and loved the racing and controls. Played some multi and it was a little confusing but once I got the hang of it very fun. I usually dont DL games but the credit was burning a hole in my virtual wallet lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:51:58 AM PST
JWK says:
It was a pretty good weekend. I played through almost all of the campaign for Halo Reach in anticipation of Halo 4. Halo Reach's single player is excellent by the way. Second only to Combat Evolve's SP. Also played a little bit more of Crysis on XBLA (got the $10 deal a couple months ago). I love the stealth/FPS mechanics of the series. Really looking forward to Crysis 3. Played an hour or so of an old Genesis classic: Rocket Knight Adventures. And, like Fox, I'm still making my way through Plants vs. Zombies on iPad.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:51:59 AM PST
Shanghaied says:
Diablo 3, farmed 3 infernal machines.

No organs. :( Not happy with my luck, even did one of the fights on MP5.

Just an off weekend I guess. I've found some people to run with me though which makes things much easier.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:52:22 AM PST
klopas says:
Bought a used PS Vita this past weekend, so messed around on that quite a bit. Got my Ranger to lvl 30 in Guild Wars 2. Felt pretty good about my gaming weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:52:44 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Yeah, Haytham > Connor. No contest. Haytham is like a colonial-era James Bond.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:53:54 AM PST
JWK says:
From what I understand, longer. I'm amazed you had the patience to get 100% in AC2. Just looking for the feathers made me go crazy. I stopped the game when I reached the end of the story, even though I loved it. I was just SO ready to move on.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  89
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions