Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Far Cry 3 ending ***spoilers!!!***

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2012 1:09:46 AM PST
Loved the game from start to (almost) finish. By the end my Jason had ALL the skill tatoos, had liberated all the outposts and scaled all the radio towers. I was the ultimate rakyat, so chose my new family and chose citra; i was her warrior and she my warrior queen, only for her to use me as a sperm bank and stab me to death. WTF!!!! Worst ending ever. Way worse than any ME3 ending!!

Still a great game tho. what's other peoples thoughts?

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 1:46:14 AM PST
Nicos says:
WTF was that giant spider all about?

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 2:57:03 AM PST
??? eh?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 4:12:25 AM PST
Nicos says:
I know right?

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 4:42:37 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i saved my friends.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 8:48:19 AM PST
Miguel says:
Saved my friends!

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 9:12:31 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i had planned to stay with citra but i wasnt expecting to awaken from that dilusion with the knife against liza. no way was i going to kill her. i didnt feel i had the right.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:22:26 AM PST
I killed Liza and stayed with Citra.

While it wasn't the most pleasant ending, I thought it was really cool and well done, and ended the story in a very satisfactory way. I youtubed the happy ending and I'm glad I didn't choose that one. Felt very "Hollywood".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 7:30:40 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Wow you monster.

I saved my friends, poor dennis.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:31:33 AM PST
Americo says:
Lol the whole point of the game was save your friends and one of them is your brother, so the true ending is save your friends and the alternate ending is stay with citra. Who wanted to stay with citra when she looks so much liker her brother. The brother tortured me the whole game and now i have to stay with her sister. Hell no!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 7:31:38 AM PST
I didn't really like any of my friends, which I guess could have been the point of the story.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 7:38:09 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I thought they got better as it went along.

Just watched the other ending, pretty nuts, but I'm satisfied with my choice.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:47:37 PM PST
Zak Iarih says:
I saved my friends (I had all the skills, all outposts and all towers as well...)

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:29:29 PM PST
Justin Lee says:
I think it would be cool to have another ending that Jason choose citra and rule the island with or even without citra. They could have make this ending hard to achieve, like need to control almost all the areas on the island, finish certain amount of quests, gather certain items,... anything.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 9:45:09 PM PST
The story is very overrated.
Who ever denies that has no idea what a good story is. So many of the missions were the same.
Only mission I liked was when you burned all the pot plants and the rap music starts blaring. Only good mission.

But besides the story being bland the game was fun to play. But I got 95% done in 13 hours of playing.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 9:50:05 PM PST
mdr says:
The ending could work just fine in a movie or any other medium. But, when I'm playing a video game, I am the character so I want to win in the end. It's a cliche for a reason, because its what we want to happen. I was in no way doing what the writer said about "saving Citra," nor was it about "entitlement." I earned my place from being nothing on the island to being a champion who liberated it and would restore it to greatness. I chose her because I liked that she was a strong woman and leader, and I wanted to stay and rule with her not rule over her. Not to mention she loved me so much, and I loved her by then. The other girl was leaving me to go be a hollywood star before all this, and was too shallow once my eyes were opened. All the friends were horrible, and Keith is better off dead after what happened to him. None of them really appreciated all I had done for them or helped me at all to save the rest. Still, in my ending I chose to banish them from my island, and I made Citra accept my decision. And if Citra tried to knife me, I turned the blade on her. But I think she wouldn't have, because we were in love. And I think she would accept my choice to let them live but never return, because everything else I had done, I earned the right to make it. That's how it ended for me, regardless of what the author tried to force on me with his make believe ending. I reclaimed every outpost, helped every member of my (new) people who needed it, and I was one of them now. They never would have let her kill me.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 9:51:16 PM PST
Technosapien says:
I chose Citra. And yes, the story in this game is overated, but it wasn't horrible. Just kind of "meh". I did not play this game for the story, though. Fantastic game! One of my favorites this gen.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 3:24:43 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
I chose to save my friends. In the end, that was the point to me and to kill them was against everything I had done. Sure, they weren't perfect people, and it showed that life of luxury and pleasure isn't perfect, but my goal was to save them and bring them back to safety.

I agree, the story wasn't the best, but I think Vas is probably my favorite villian of 2012. He was well done and well acted. I enjoyed every encounter with him.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 4:54:07 AM PST
"Have I failed to entertain you?"
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions