Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Worst Company in America bracket is out: Can we not have EA win this time?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 64 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 18, 2013 10:45:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2013 10:47:58 AM PDT
DVvM says:
http://consumerist.com/2013/03/18/here-are-your-contestants-for-the-2013-worst-company-in-america-tournament/

It was kind of embarrassing that EA won the tournament last year on the back of butthurt gamers, as opposed to a company that actually does harm (like Bank of America, last year's runner up). I mean, I understand that people have legitimate grips against EA, but those in no way qualify them as "the worst company in America.

It just reflects poorly on Gamers when they behave like their pet peeves are the most important things in the world. Like Ticketmaster's only purpose is to make it more expensive to buy tickets to concerts and events... THEY PRODUCE NOTHING! No matter how bad SimCity is, EA definitely contributed something more of value to the world with that product than Ticketmaster has ever done.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 10:46:11 AM PDT
Cinema Fan says:
The U.S. Postal Service

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 10:47:12 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
I don't know...SimCity is still fresh on the minds of Internet nerds everywhere. EA has this in the bag.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 10:48:42 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I'm in shock that Sprint isn't on there! Glad to see Comcast didn't go unnoticed though!

If EA wins again, that's really saying something! I don't think they truly deserve it though. For all their shady business practices, they HAVE released some really good games.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 10:48:48 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 18, 2013 10:56:51 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 10:48:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2013 10:49:39 AM PDT
DVvM says:
This is what I'm afraid of. But shipping a product that doesn't work right is far from the worst thing a U.S. corporation has done in the last year, isn't it?

I want to mobilize people to get EA to not "win" this year since there are other companies out there that are actually bad. EA may be a bad gaming company, but compared to something like the aforementioned Ticketmaster, they're a great company.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 10:51:01 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
haha, ticketmaster. i was looking at tickets the other day, and they list it as "$46.75 with fees included". and then when i go to check out, there is a $4.95 Service fee.

i guess they forgot how the word fee is defined.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 10:52:41 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I remember looking at ticket prices for some concert...I forget whose...but buying two tickets resulted in $150 in service fees. It was absurd.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 10:53:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2013 10:54:51 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
I don't think EA should have won it last year or this year. It's ridiculous. But so are angry gamers, and thus we have the results we do.

If you'll bump this thread when the voting is up, I'll gladly vote for whoever is up against EA. A game developer winning just makes gamers look petty.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 10:54:35 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
id like to see where comcast falls. i have had issues with my dvr for the last year or so. a few days every month, the box will constantly reset for a day straight.

i got frustrated and called them friday night. i explained the situation, and the customer service guy said that the box has obvious issues, and needs to be replaced. he schedules somebody to come and replace.

the next morning, ig et a call from comcast. this guy says he wants to try a few things first. i told him that i was already told the box is defective and needs to be replaced, and he said thats not true. of course, at this point i wasnt having issues. i asked what happens when i have the issue again because it will happen, he says it should be okay, but if it does happen, they would send someone.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 10:54:57 AM PDT
Truth.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 10:56:35 AM PDT
Actually looked at the article and I would have to say either Dish Network or Carnival should get the top spot. I had friends on that 'poop cruise.' There are several bad companies on that list that are worst than EA.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 10:56:42 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
I've never found convenience fees to be all that convenient.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 10:56:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2013 10:57:50 AM PDT
I honestly don't know why all of these companies are on here.

I mean, what has Microsoft or Apple done in the last year that is so horrendous?

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 10:57:19 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
Comcast quite simply sucks. End of story. Even something as basic as a working telephone infrastructure seems to be beyond their comprehension. Every time I call, the recorded voice asks for my name and address. Then it places me on hold for a representative...and when they get on, they ask for my name and address. Oh, and I love how I call the Comcast Business Class number, but somehow get connected to the Residential people...which necessitates me having to go on hold again to get to the right people.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 10:58:15 AM PDT
Well there are a ton of banks on there, but that's because most people don't read the fine print and/or don't know how to handle their own finances.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 11:02:02 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 18, 2013 10:37:04 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 11:03:04 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I'm voting for Bioware.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 11:03:08 AM PDT
Uncle Ulty says:
I think Carnival deserves to be in the list of finalists at least after their year of debacles.

Wells Fargo and Google are two of my favorite companies. Wonder how they have made people angry?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 11:04:10 AM PDT
Mrs. User says:
Pffft. Worst company ever!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 11:06:34 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Looking at the brackets, I'd guess that EA will at least make it to the final four. Then the question becomes, can a poorly launched, always online game take on the poop cruise?!

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 11:06:49 AM PDT
JL says:
Just looking at video game companies alone, I don't see why EA is up there and not Activision. EA was a horrible company for gamers and employees (maybe still is for consumers after seeing SimCity), but Activision is right up there. They publicly admit that they are more interested in finding ways to charge people more money than creating new and better products. I really think they should be somewhere on that list.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 11:07:43 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
It's all Bioware's fault.

Wayyyyyyy too many RPG elements.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 11:09:05 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
My money is on Carnival.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 11:10:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2013 11:11:20 AM PDT
JL says:
@Uncle Ulty

Google is becoming too big for many people's liking. They have no face (and no support), and is monopolizing as much as they can get away with. They also introduce a ton of services and then randomly shut down those services.

Whether a good thing or a bad thing, Google has changed quite a bit from where they started.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: This is the story, of a lovely thread, with 10,000 very lovely posts. All of them had words of fun, like the last one, the first one with downvotes! 8325 2 minutes ago
Microsoft Murders Their Tokyo Game Show Conference This Year Due To Lack Of Interest, But Phil Spencer Will be in Attendance 25 13 minutes ago
Megaman X4 and X5 ps1 classics coming to Vita and PS3 0 16 minutes ago
Lizard Squad has attacked Twitch 6 17 minutes ago
Hey look at me my name is Jason the rational Sony fan but I'm a diehard Xbox apologist! 30 50 minutes ago
VGF Connected Franchise (Xbox One) 24 59 minutes ago
OT: Anyone see the Doctor Who premiere? (May Contain Spoilers) 13 1 hour ago
if you could only travel back in time to a hundred years and be stuck in that time period, what year would you choose and why? 40 1 hour ago
OT: Meet Chubbiness, Japan's Plus-Sized Idol Group 87 1 hour ago
dis one time i shoryuken 'd my cat and it did a spinning bird kick 10 1 hour ago
Stupid Microsoft. 3 1 hour ago
I had to share this story since I was telling it on Comedy Night 11 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Mar 18, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions