Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Video Game Forums That Really Suck

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2012 10:00:04 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:02:52 AM PST
Not really. Usually other forums don't have as many trolls as we do, nor do they have the extremist fanboys. They also don't usually have voting options and still leave a poster's name when a post is deleted.

If you go to a specific game's forums, usually everyone is in the same mindset as you and wants to talk about that specific game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:04:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 10:04:16 AM PST
Ice King says:
Gamefaqs can be pretty crappy.
And although it's not about video games specifically, IMDB is a cesspool of negativity. Half of the people there hate everything and the other half are horny housewives who obsess over the male characters of any show they watch to the point of being creepy.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:10:37 AM PST
Joel H. says:
The ps3 forums on this site are pretty brutal. Everyone gets along and they just aren't that funny or interesting. It's always a conversation about how i met your mother or a mmo. I think it's where all the female posters hide.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:11:46 AM PST
FOGE says:
I don't think I've ever seen a forum with this much traffic or Personality. This is quite the place. The sense of humor is what has me coming back all the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:18:43 AM PST
I believe I can offer a counter to your statement sir.

World of Warcraft Forums are worse
Diablo 3 forums are probably the worst... ever
and Gamefaqs are worse than here :3

"I don't think I've ever seen a forum with this much traffic or Personality. This is quite the place. The sense of humor is what has me coming back all the time. "

I come here cause it's the only place not blocked at work... and cause it's fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:20:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 10:21:32 AM PST
Meatwad says:
Oh God IMDB. What a crap hole that place can be.

Spill.com was a place I use to love but the forums on there can be pure elitist hell, especially the Video Game forum. And how they abuse some poor newbie is just downright nasty.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:21:38 AM PST
MrnDpty161 says:
Scanning the list of discussions, it seems this place acts as a stormy sea --- sometimes you get meaningful discussion, and other times, filled with non-game topics, fanboy trolling, or nonsense in which there's nothing but bashing and snarky arrogance when someone should ask a question that most probably know and they show their rude side --- that is the side no one in their right mind would say up front and on the IRL street. This is the frequency of many of these " discussion" boards which are really --- my preferred game company rocks and yours sucks! --- so it is what it is, pick your good ones and try to ignore the mobs.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:22:41 AM PST
All video game forums generally suck, including this one.

And it's because you touch yourself at night!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:26:22 AM PST
The truth finally comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:28:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 10:28:48 AM PST
Lol, I've never visited any of those three forums.

Usually I'll go directly to a specific game's developer's forums or beta forums, which are usually pretty harmless. I've never personally been to other forums that were really negative.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:30:52 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Youtube comment sections are the best intellectual conversation the internet has to offer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:31:53 AM PST
Well Diablo's 3 Forums and WoWs are game specific, and in general... just all blizzard forums are some of the worst in the world.
They are still arguing about WoW and D3, about how D3 isn't D2 and about how WoW (insert expansion here) is worst than (Previous expansion) yet they will still play it.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:34:47 AM PST
Battlelog and most sections of the Steam forums are horrible.
The Battlelog forums have moderators who are so stupid they enforced a rule like "no thread titles in capital letters" on a thread that had a military acronym as the title. That really happened.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:45:05 AM PST
Forever R. says:
I have been abused on here about my grammar!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:47:13 AM PST
Then type in coherent English. If people have trouble understanding what you're trying to say, they'll get onto you about it.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:47:50 AM PST
The Escapist. God damn do I hate that site. While I'm not saying all of the people that post there are bad, I have never met a group of people so rude, sadistic, and almost sociopathic to a degree. Seriously an awful place, there is such a aura of cruelty that plagues a lot of members there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:47:55 AM PST
EggNogJam says:
Horny housewives, you say? To IMDB!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:48:48 AM PST
Clearly you haven't been to youtube, 4chan (so I've heard, never go there myself), yahoo comments, and Blizzard Forums :3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:54:47 AM PST
User says:
Yes, all of Blizzard's forums are hate filled and serve no real purpose other than expression of pre-pubescent rage.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:56:01 AM PST
Never have I heard a better description of those forums.

Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:59:48 AM PST
Forever R. says:
That's the thing, my grammar isn't even bad. It may not be perfect, but it is understandable.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:01:18 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Good lord at the comma splices.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:01:51 AM PST
u should take a peek at the Battlelog forums, that's Troll Central Station...i still love it over there

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:07:02 AM PST
nothing wrong with them. I also write like i speak, using commas to create breathing space. I don't think it's a bad thing, and it isn't that hard to read honestly.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  56
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions