Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Mom of the year

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2013 12:43:47 PM PST
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cops-mom-hired-strippers-son-16th-article-1.1268136

What's a boy's 16th birthday party without strippers and lap dances?
A New York mother has been charged with five counts of endangering the welfare of a child after she allegedly hired two strippers to perform lap dances on the guests at her son's 16th birthday party.
Judy Viger, 33, hired the women from a company called Tops in Bottoms and arranged for them to perform in a private room at the Spare Time Bowling Center in South Glens Falls on Nov. 3.
At the party, the women performed what police describe as "personal and intimate" dances with the party guests, some of whom were as young as 13.
Approximately 80 people attended the party, including a 13-year-old and many adults who later said they were outraged at the sexually charged performances.

Police were alerted to the party activities after raunchy photos of the lap dances were posted online. The mother of a 15-year-old boy who attended the party saw some of the photos on her son's Facebook page and alerted South Glens Falls authorities.
"The charges stem from an allegation that she endangered not only the welfare of her own child, but the welfare of the 14- and 15-year-old children that were at the birthday party as well," Saratoga County District Attorney James Murphy told the Glens Falls Post-Star.
The company providing the strippers said that the dancers were unaware that the kids at the party were underage, local CBS affiliate WRGB reported, and that the incident was being "blown out of proportion."
Police said that Tops in Bottoms cooperated fully with their investigation and does not face any charges.
Viger, who has a March 7 court date, faces up to a year in prison if convicted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mom of the year, lol... she gets what kids want on a party, girls get their fancy sweet 16, why can't the boys get a lap dance I mean come on

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 12:57:03 PM PST
Having lived in that area I seriously doubt the quality of the strippers you can find.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 12:59:19 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
"many adults who later said they were outraged at the sexually charged performances."

I'm outraged that she wouldn't finish me off for a twenty spot!

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:01:23 PM PST
"the strippers said that the dancers were unaware that the kids at the party were underage"

I constantly confuse 13 year olds with 18 year olds.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:02:53 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That's why you keep ending up with Chris Hansen face time.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:03:53 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:35:42 PM PDT]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:05:20 PM PST
Stud Lee© says:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/29/chris-hansen-caught-cheating-on-wife-camera_n_887289.html

Why are you at this hotel with this woman who's not your wife, Chris? What were planning to do?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:06:43 PM PST
"Let me tell you about 20 year olds, half of them are 16."

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:10:04 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Better than an uncle bringing an eight year old to a prostitute and telling him to become a man.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:15:14 PM PST
FOGE says:
Anyone else do the math and not the mother had the child at 17? I'm guessing its not the nuclear family we aspire for.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:19:54 PM PST
The Drizzle says:
haha, what makes this so awesome is that we have a stripper night tradition every year at my college, and Tops in Bottoms is the strippers we use!

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:28:03 PM PST
Soulshine says:
"charged with five counts of endangering the welfare of a child"

I don't feel that she violated the spirit of this law and neither do the children.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:31:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 1:32:43 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Her mistake was not confiscating everyone's phones before they went into the champagne room. Camera phones and the internet ruin everything.

The news I heard on the radio this morning said that they didn't get nekkid, though they did perform lap dances. I guarantee those teenage boys have been exposed to much worse on the interwebs.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:38:14 PM PST
Chris... says:
She is guilty of stupidity. She is not guilty of endangering the welfare of a child.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:39:34 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Maybe the strippers were covered with glass like in Bloodsport!

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:45:20 PM PST
I am so jelly of this kid.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:45:26 PM PST
That's the wish that everyone has and no one gets though.

Everyone wants that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:47:31 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I'm guessing they'll reach a plea agreement that won't involve any jail time and this is the last we'll ever hear about it.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:48:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 1:58:15 PM PST
Rev. Otter says:
i would only approve if the strippers were also 16.

/i'll just have a seat over there, Mr Hansen

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:55:01 PM PST
Gameresq says:
I thought I might be the first to note this, but you ninja'd me. I am not sure this rises to the level of child endangerment though. If she had first confiscated the boys' condoms, that might constitute endangerment.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:57:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 1:58:57 PM PST
Chris... says:
It's ridiculous to me that she was even arrested for this. Don't get me wrong, she was wrong for this, but did she commit a criminal act?

Football. Head injuries sustained from playing this sport have been proven to have long lasting detrimental effects to the brain which will alter the quality of life in later years and have led to tragic fatalities in some cases.

Football good for children.

Lap dances. The most overrated, overpriced path to achieve a b_ner.

Lap dances bad. Lap dances criminal.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:59:51 PM PST
The mom is kinda hot...

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 2:04:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:05:17 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Here's her Twitter:
https://twitter.com/JudyViger4

That's the "innocent" minor in the second picture.

PS: My friend's dad took us to a strip club when we were young. We were able to go without adults as minors, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:07:07 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Well she's being charged with five counts, so it's more than just that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:10:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:11:08 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
My friends and I going to strip clubs was like most kids going to Chuck E Cheese on a Friday night. Shockingly, the pizza on the buffet was better, too.

The mom's only 33.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions