These Thursday Night games suck! I feel like I'm wasting 3.5 hours every week

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 7:51:05 PM PDT
Modern Wolf says:
its only good if your team is playing

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 7:53:34 PM PDT
It's not necessarily good even then.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 7:54:18 PM PDT
Modern Wolf says:
and if your team wins...... Whenever my team loses i feel depressed for the rest of the day lol

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:17:54 PM PDT
i don't need my team playing, i need 2 good teams playing each other. lol Falcons Saints should be good in a few weeks

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:46:34 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
My buddy and I bet on these games, so it makes them more interesting. Also, the prime time games have been horrible. The Steelers have had a couple of decent ones. The rest have been blow outs other than the Hawks beating the Packers.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 12:51:12 AM PDT
Fullme7al says:
I don't know what it is, but they do seem out of place. In my opinion, I find the announcers aren't up to par, and the screen is cluttered with crap during the game. To me for some reason the scoreboard during the game needs be less prominent, and the colors make me cringe for some reason.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:06:23 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
I usually think Mike Mayock's color commentary is really insightful, but last night he seemed off his game. Granted, he was talking about two of the worst-coached teams in the NFL, so what is there to say?

"Man, look at the way he muffed that kick and redirected it toward the return team. That is not a thing you should do."
"You know who's something special? Jackie Battle and Ronnie Brown. Good to see them getting extensive playing time."
"They missed a field goal. That is bad."
"The Chiefs have arguably the best running back in the league, and they're making him split carries with people no one has ever heard of. That is apparently a decision that someone made I guess."

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:43:46 AM PDT
NCGuy says:
My team sucks this year :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 4:17:42 AM PDT
JO MOMMA says:
If you been watching football for the past 7 weeks, you would know that this would not have been a good game.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:09:01 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 2, 2012 5:09:36 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:32:27 AM PDT
Wow yeah...I actually disagree though. Mayock and Joe buck are the two worst announcers right now.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:40:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 5:41:23 AM PDT
If you've ever seen the Chiefs play in the last 30 years, you'd have known this game was going to suck. I'd really like to know who decides these prime time matchups.

Also, I'm a Vikings fan, but they should never, ever be on Thursday, Sunday, or Monday night football...they stink out loud in prime time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:43:22 AM PDT
FOGE says:
The announcers are awful. Ive actually turned the sound off and turned music on bc of this. Thursday Night Football is fine when two good teams go. I skipped last nights game since the Chiefs are so down this year.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:52:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 5:54:09 AM PDT
IPhantom says:
I think Thursday is overkill. Maybe if there were just a few of them in the second half of the season that were marquee matchups, or games with playoff implications, but all season of Thursday football is unnecessary imo. I pretty much never watch them unless the Steelers are playing.

edit: it's also hypocritical for the league to throw guys out there so soon after playing the previous week. 3 1/2 days simply is not enough time to recover physically from an NFL game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:55:23 AM PDT
FOGE says:
But if they didnt have Thursday Night Football, thered be one more game on Sunday. Really, you can only watch 3 games on Sunday so this just allows the really big football fans to watch 1 more game a week. I like that. Im the guy who goes to Buffalo Wild Wings every Sunday to watch 6 games at once though.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:57:37 AM PDT
I've always thought that the two teams playing on Thursday should have their bye week the Sunday before. I realize that would be really difficult at the beginning of the season, but they could certainly do it after week 5 or so.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 6:44:48 AM PDT
I don't like the Thursday games, I think that it makes the product a little less good due to fatigue.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 6:47:00 AM PDT
M. McFly says:
Love having the option of Thursday night football. Last night I took the option of not watching the game.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 6:49:30 AM PDT
Kendahl says:
The only way to endure games with two sucky teams and to actually make them interesting is to pick a side and bet $100 on that side. Guaranteed, it will feel like the Super Bowl.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 7:50:21 AM PDT
pro sports is boring because the indeterminacy is minimized by professional talent.

hit a line drive? out. hit a pop up? out. fatty doesn't feel like swinging the bat while counting his nuggets? (gold AND chicken!), out.

the only interesting !@#$ happens when a couple snatches a foul ball from a 5 year old kid.

now, televised tee-ball would be !@#$in insane imo!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 7:58:13 AM PDT
PacinoBully says:
Why are you talking about baseball on a thread about football?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 7:58:45 AM PDT
It's all FOOZBALL!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 7:59:34 AM PDT
FOGE says:
This apple is the worst orange I've ever had!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 8:04:16 AM PDT
PacinoBully says:
I don't like that the VGF never wants to talk about knitting. So annoying.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  72
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions