Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Why didn't anybody tell me Faster Than Light was so freakin' brutal?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-118 of 118 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 12:22:24 PM PST
Did you get a high enough score of space points to see him take a breath?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 12:28:27 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Ha, is that really a thing?

I don't guess I did.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 12:33:43 PM PST
It's the best way to maximize your scrap and also gives you the most chances to hit the rare encounters for new ships and other things.

Also if the rebel fleet catches up you get a chance to fight them off though without any reward for the battle. I think all you get is one fuel and that's it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:04:09 PM PST
Nope. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:06:03 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Hehe, nice. This game is dense enough that you could probably troll me with just about anything like that. :)

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 1:20:53 PM PST
I'm setting ship unlocking as my goal. I got the Engi, of course, and the one where you need to get all the ship's systems installed. All I needed was a slug for the Federation unlock and I tragically lost half my crew in the damned slug nebula.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:22:08 PM PST
You don't need to go into the slug nebula for a slug crew. They sometimes show up on slaver ships or can be hired at stores.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:39:45 PM PST
I figured that was the case, but my reasoning was that I may get a better shot at one randomly appearing in slug space. I was doing really well, but then I got a nebula that reduced my power output by half AND sapped my damned shields.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:53:36 PM PST
There have been multiple times I went through the slug nebula and didn't get an opportunity for a slug crewman. I have no idea if going through the slug nebula increases the odds or not; it just hasn't happened on any of my playthroughs. In my current playthrough I have a Mantis who I got from an Engi sector.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 3:39:50 PM PST
I've yet to enter Mantis space ever and I see lots of Manti, so it may have no bearing whatsoever. Slug space is dangerous, so I may just stay the hell out of there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 3:54:12 PM PST
Certain crew member types are a little rare to come across because of the perks that come with them. Mainly it is the Slugmen and Zoltan which are the hardest to find with Rockman and Mantis behind them and then Engi and Humans.

You can find them outside of their respected zones but they are still hard to come by. I've only had a few Slugmen on my crew during my 80 something hours I've put into FTL.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 4:00:15 PM PST
Huh. I get Zoltan crewmen pretty regularly. I do think the Slugs are the hardest to find.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 4:03:57 PM PST
I wish I could get a Zoltan to teach me how to get a super shield like their ships have. Those things are seriously annoying to fight against.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 4:06:20 PM PST
Try getting two or three Zoltans on your crew and have them stand in the shield compartment.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 4:16:58 PM PST
Would that actually work? Lol. Before you answer, keep in mind that if it doesn't work I'm going to space those Zoltan in frusteration. I'm not above atrocity (in fact, I'm quite fond of it).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 4:23:22 PM PST
You'd actually need two Zoltan but if you have them stand in the shield room you should always have a shield bar. If you had them stand in the weapon room then you would get an extra bar of power (say power a weapon that uses three bars with only two bars.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 4:32:59 PM PST
Ah, that's pretty cool. I may space them anyway ;)

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 10:29:39 AM PST
CGR Undertow just posted a quick review of this game if anyone is interested:

http://youtu.be/h0Z_ofbgdQg
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  118
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions