Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

GAME OVER!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 150 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 20, 2011 1:02:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 11:32:32 AM PST
MJM says:
Just like anyone else, I hate to die while playing a video game (and of course in real life too), but unfortunately more times the not I do. Me being the suck butt kind of player I am today, I do die and I die a lot, so I get to experience all the "Game Over" screens. So, I started to wonder, what games have the worst "Game Over" moments.

I used to believe it was Call of Duty, they do have the killcam which shows how your demise came about, letting you relive the horror over again. However, after thinking about it, I realized that the killcam was actually a pretty useful tool you could use to your advantage. Watching it allows you to see where the person, or excuse me the punk ass mo fo was hiding who took you out. So unless you're a complete moron you won't make the same mistake again, now you'll actually be able to sneak up behind them and take them out, which by the way is very gratifying.

After ruling out Call of Duty, my next choice would have to be God of War. Mainly because they don't just say "Game Over", they bust out with a very matter of factly "You Are Dead", just incase you had any doubts or delusions to the contrary.

But the game that drove me to wanting to drop kick my television many times would have to be Duck Hunt for the NES. I know it sounds silly, but I couldn't stand when that stupid dog would pop up from the grass and laugh at me when I did poorly. I could be wrong but I do think to a certain extent this could be considered an early form of cyber bullying. To this day I still wake up in cold sweats some nights after having nightmares about that stupid dog, some people have flashbacks from the war, I have them from playing Duck Hunt.

I'm sure there are many others I'm missing but my memory isn't what it used to be, it is a side effect of getting old, your mind goes and may experience anal seepage, headaches, dizziness, nausea and blurred vision. If any of these symptoms occur please consult your doctor, if all them occur, wipe your butt and consult a mortician.

Anyone else have any other "Game Over" experiences they wish to share?

By the way...why is it called "game over"...when in all reality it's not. All you have to do is press the start button and you're ready to go again. Shouldn't it be called something like "to be continued" or maybe even "game over...or is it"?

MJM

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:03:55 PM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
Dead Space 2 has some great 'game over' sequences!

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:04:45 PM PDT
Marvelous says:
Batman AA had the best game over sequences.

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:05:58 PM PDT
The Drizzle says:
earthworm jim

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:05:59 PM PDT
Benpachi says:
The original Ninja Gaiden arcade game had the best game over sequence, nothing says give me another $0.25 like a buzzsaw and a ticking timer.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 1:06:03 PM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
Yes! I would agree with that.

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:06:11 PM PDT
uncledonnie3 says:
Resident Evil 4 also had good ones. Getting decapitated and whatnot.

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:06:52 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
The most crushing "Game Over" screen is Demon's Souls' "You have died" screen...

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:07:05 PM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
House of the Dead 2

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 1:08:22 PM PDT
Soulshine says:
And in God of War, just to add insult to injury:

"YOU ARE DEAD"
"Would you like to try Easy mode?"

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 1:09:28 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 8, 2011 12:44:26 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:09:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 20, 2011 1:15:12 PM PDT
My most memorable game overs were all from Too Human because the game gave you a solid 30 seconds of looking at your corpse to just sit there and ponder what you have done wrong before it would allow you to do anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTPRY9GHfYw

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 1:09:38 PM PDT
MJM says:
Oskar I forgot about Dead Space, that game did have some pretty gruesome "Game Over" sequences.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 1:11:38 PM PDT
MJM says:
I used to hate those timers, you would frantically have to dig for another quarter before the timer ran out, only to die again a few minutes later.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 1:12:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 21, 2011 8:36:39 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:13:24 PM PDT
Demon's Souls, every time you die you have to restart the whole console.

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:14:13 PM PDT
The Drizzle says:
getting curbstomped in gears was pretty harsh to watch.

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:15:16 PM PDT
Marvelous says:
Yeah I always thought the sniper rifle used as axe was worse, although I enjoyed doing that to others.

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:15:51 PM PDT
The characters screaming in pain in Golden Axe always got to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 1:16:12 PM PDT
MJM says:
True Demon's Souls was a pain in the kiester. I hated that you had to go back to where you were "off'ed" to get your stuff, it's not bad enough that you already died, they want you to go back to the scene of the crime.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 1:17:57 PM PDT
The Drizzle says:
altered beast as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 1:18:15 PM PDT
Yes, I'm really happy to have that game over with. The last few bosses are some of the easiest in gaming history though, weird.

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 1:18:42 PM PDT
Benpachi says:
WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 1:19:38 PM PDT
MJM says:
I suck so bad I couldn't even get off the starting line, I'm still working on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 1:19:58 PM PDT
The Drizzle says:
POWER UP

HA HA HA HA HA HA (stupid laugh when he steals your power ups)

and i think we have all the voice acting covered in that game lol
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  150
Initial post:  Apr 20, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions