Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Possible Skyrim "Dragonborn" DLC shot posted from Bethesda

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2012 8:59:36 AM PDT
M. Stifler says:
http://www.examiner.com/article/next-skyrim-expansion-pack-teased-by-bethesda-patch-1-8-releases-on-pc

A few weeks ago, data files were uncovered in the PC version of "Skyrim" that pointed to a new expansion pack, which will supposedly be entitled "Dragonborn." Through the information that was leaked through these files, it was sourced that this expansion pack would take us to Morrowind, in addition to granting the ability to ride Dragons and gain access to spears.

This information was never commented on by Bethesda, but today Bethesda decided to give us a tease for an upcoming announcement. Through the official Twitter account for Bethesda, the photo that is featured in the slide-show above this article was released. Accompanying this photo, Bethesda stated that the full trailer will be released on Nov. 5.

Currently, this is all the information that we have surrounding this announcement, but my guess is that this trailer will most likely be based on the "Dragonborn" DLC for Skyrim.

----------------------

I have to say I'm really excited for this. I love how they add new armor in each time some DLC comes out. Check out the link, the screenshot looks pretty sweet. It's allegedly the Dragonborn in new armor. Looks menacing.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 9:02:39 AM PDT
In before Bethesda is horrible, sucks, and all that jazz.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:14:56 AM PDT
M. Stifler says:
I don't know why anyone would say that. Bethesda is perfect.

*ducks the spears thrown by PS3 players*

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 9:18:42 AM PDT
1#Pen Name says:
if bethesda is perfect why do their games constantly freeze :/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:25:55 AM PDT
To give us time to admire them. Honestly, if they are returning us to Morrowind and not just the capitol city of Mournhold, I will be doing the happy dance. I'm going to go digging through the remains of Red Mountain for the mask of Dagoth Ur to place on my wall.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:29:07 AM PDT
I do feel bad for PS3 owners and how they are missing out on one hell of an experience but at the same time I see how incredible Skyrim is and I have an incredibly hard time calling Bethesda a lazy developer or even a horrible one.

Hopefully next generation we won't see issues like this since Sony is apparently moving away from the cell processor in favor of something that is easier to develop for and port to.

I'm still hoping Bethesda gets things sorted out so PS3 owners can get the full experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:30:12 AM PDT
If they let us get full access to Morrowind... I think I may need to call my doctor for experiencing an erection lasting longer than four hours...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:30:14 AM PDT
M. Stifler says:
The sarcasm, you have missed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:31:11 AM PDT
1#Pen Name says:
I am still a padawan

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:32:03 AM PDT
M. Stifler says:
Same here. It's nice to see PS3 owners are finally getting the full Mass Effect trilogy. The first game is fantastic. I'm all for console equality.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:33:25 AM PDT
You and me both though I think the Mass Effect Trilogy is a huge load of crap. Can't even get the same DLC across the board? We all know the complete edition is coming at some point (probably about six months after the last DLC pack for Mass Effect 3).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:37:14 AM PDT
Lol, Bethesda didn't put spears into Skyrim.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 9:38:02 AM PDT
Ben Linus says:
I own both systems just to be clear, but this situation with the ps3 and dlc? Let it keep happening, just gives ps3 owners something else to ignore or pretend didnt happen, while they bash the xbox. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:38:31 AM PDT
M. Stifler says:
I love the trilogy, but the edition they are putting out is not complete, and I don't get why they are releasing it this way. I know it's the anniversary of the first game soon, but they haven't even done all the DLC for the third installment. The only thing I can think of is that this is forced by EA. I thought they were done acting like Activision?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:38:46 AM PDT
M. Stifler says:
I'm from the future Nate.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:38:52 AM PDT
Same here. When The Witcher 2 came to the 360, I was thrilled, not sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:39:26 AM PDT
How's the weather?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:39:50 AM PDT
Yeah, the lack of DLC (even DLC for the finished games) is pretty lame.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:41:34 AM PDT
M. Stifler says:
10 feets of SNOW!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:44:43 AM PDT
EA is quite like Activision in that they rely on two or three franchises for everything but EA is still an awful company at the end of the day. Where Activision just beats the horse until there is nothing left EA attempts to force their way into almost everything and they almost always offer a worse version than what is already on the market.

@ Nate

I'm still hoping we'll see it make the jump to the PS3 soon so they get a chance to check it out.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 9:47:14 AM PDT
they gotta be the worst awesome game company ever

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 12:47:50 PM PDT
I used to be a huge Bethesda fan. But now it has gotten to the point that every game they develop has more bugs and glitches than their previous game. I don't think I'll be buying any more of their games until they can prove that they can make a quality game again. I feel like their last quality game was Oblivion. Since then it has been a downhill slide.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 1:37:11 PM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Those pics were the ones released with Hearthfire....

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 2:23:23 PM PDT
I would care... But considering I still can't get dawnguard or hearthfire I really don't give 2 shits anymore and will most likely avoid Bethesda games in the future.. Skyrim was the first elder scrolls I ever played and the fact that they can't develop the DLC so that it works on the PS3 has just left a bad taste in my mouth

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 2:43:43 PM PDT
That would be awesome.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Suggests the Future of Xbox Could Be Mobile 3 1 minute ago
OT: I just watched 5 minutes of Benny Hinn 23 2 minutes ago
Got a Wii U,now what? 46 3 minutes ago
Eff game$top aka lamestop and your anti consumerism regarding wanting to pay publishers for exclusive gamestop only retail content!!! 1 4 minutes ago
Ninja Theory Teases When We'll See Their Next Game 2 4 minutes ago
Am I the only person left who hasn't played Deus EX HR? 42 5 minutes ago
XBL sale on 360 games starting 06/08 (No Gold sub needed) 74 7 minutes ago
OT: First trailer for Ridley Scott's Exodus Gods and Kings (Christian Bale as Moses) 3 9 minutes ago
Microsoft CEO signals change, first major layoffs since 2009. 4 9 minutes ago
Destiny Beta: Go Confirm Your Platform/Region! 59 18 minutes ago
Dear Xbox One fans, it's time to stop being angry about Destiny 5 26 minutes ago
OT: Her bewbs may not be much to write home about, but she gives one great Amazon Monkeybar 9162 29 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions