Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

RAGE DLC The Scorchers released a year after RAGE

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2012 8:20:14 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
http://www.oxm.co.uk/48567/rage-dlc-the-scorchers-released-a-year-after-rage/

Well here's a thing. Bethesda has released a new add-on for id Software's RAGE, comprising new areas, guns, characters and an Extended Play option which lets you carry on rocking the post-Apocalypse after completing the main storyline. That's the same RAGE that came out in October 2011, yes. Good things come...

"In The Scorchers, battle an all-new maniacal bandit clan, wreak havoc with new brutally efficient weapons and explore undiscovered areas," reads a release. "Fight alongside new allies to thwart the Scorcher clan's deadly plot to destroy the Wasteland.

"The add-on pack also includes 'Ultra-Nightmare', a new high difficulty mode, as well as an 'Extended Play' option that allows you to play past the original ending of the game - giving you the opportunity to finish collecting items and achievements."

The pack's 2.16 GB in size, costs 400 MP and can be downloaded here. Sounds like you're getting plenty of bang for your buck.

Bethesda has mailed over some launch screens and artwork to wash everything down. I'm aware that People On Our Forum have been discussing this little turn of events. Anything to declare?

Recent job postings suggest that id Software is developing DOOM 4 for release on next generation consoles. The studio's Tim Willits says he and his colleagues "haven't forgotten" about RAGE. Have you?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:22:00 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I'll definitely be replaying through this soon and getting this DLC.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:51:56 AM PST
Joel H. says:
400ms is $10 in human currency i'm guessing?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:52:21 AM PST
$5

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:57:37 AM PST
waxc3 says:
thanks Mayo.

thats cheap and sounds cool, but i think i am, just done with Rage. happens anytime that dlc waits so long with me. i move on and just can not come back.
:(

depending on the achievements i may pick up in Jan or Feb though since theres no good new games coming out for a while.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:06:19 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 18, 2012 9:21:39 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:13:40 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Wow, that actually sound like it's worth $5.

Don't own the game anymore or I'd consider it.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:17:07 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I never finished Rage, but I did like it.

And considering I paid $5 for the whole game, I could see tossing in another five for this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:18:57 AM PST
Joel H. says:
Score!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:25:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 9:26:27 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
10 new achievements

finish the campaign in the new difficulty
complete 5 different missions in the Scorchers job path
win 2 different minigames
2 chevos with killing enemies

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:30:24 AM PST
JWK says:
What, we can't say shirt anymore? Screw you, amazon.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:13:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 10:14:27 AM PST
Yeah, I'm getting this. I got RAGE for $5 or $7.50 during a Steam sale this summer or last Xmas or something, and just played it last month. It was a fun game if you played just as a game without worrying about story or anything. It started in the middle and ended before the end even started, but it was fun while it lasted. I'll have to re-download the 21GB or whatever it is, but I'll just do that overnight.

This DLC looks like a pretty good amount of content for $5. A lot better than MoH:W charging $10 for 2 freaking maps and no SP content at all.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:25:29 AM PST
MrnDpty161 says:
The game is pretty cheap now, is it worth anything to get or a shoulder shrugger?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:29:16 AM PST
Joel H. says:
Game is worth the price.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:32:28 AM PST
Totally worth it. If you wait until the Winter sale on Steam (you all know it's coming), you'll probably see it as low as $5. A game would have to be REALLY bad to be disappointing at that price.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:32:52 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:01 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:41:11 AM PST
Anthony says:
its a decent game. they marketed it as something its not, which is the main reason why there is so much rage towards it.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:42:34 AM PST
Loved Rage. Some of the most satisfying FPS mechanics I've ever played. Such an underrated game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:43:03 AM PST
What was it marketed as that it wasn't?
I thought I was getting a pretty mindless FPS with good gun mechanics and pretty graphics with vehicular combat tying it all together. That's what I got.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:46:30 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
open world rpg i think.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:51:18 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
The gaming press hyped it up to be a big elaborate open world RPG like experience like Fallout 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:51:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 10:51:58 AM PST
Hmm. I never got that from the pre-release stuff.
Maybe if people thought they were getting Borderlands or Fallout somehow and ended up with RAGE, they might not like it. It does have a pretty open map to play in, and there are a lot of things to do. The mini-games kinda sucked, but they weren't something you HAD to do in order to complete the game.
The card game may have been weak for collectibles, especially since you can't go back to a few if you don't get them the one time you can go into their areas, but the jump collectibles were a cool concept. Same with the field goals. Those were pretty funny even if there were only 3 of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:54:36 AM PST
Anthony says:
this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:58:13 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Rage was definitely the victim of Gaming "Journalism". Carmack and everyone at id and Bethesda never touted open world RPG, or any magnificent story nonsense.

Very pretty twitch shooter with some limited loot, and odd minigames.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:05:01 AM PST
That's what I thought. I can't remember id ever saying it was anything other than a post-apocalyptic shooter with a lot of driving and Doom/Quake-style shooty-ness.
If people looked at screenshots and jumped to, "It looks something like Borderlands or Fallout 3 so it must have lewtz and open-ended exploration," that's on them. I expected to split heads with wingsticks and shotguns and sniper rifles. If anything, the crafting, variable ammo types, and quest-like jobs were icing.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions