Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Skyrim PC and PlayStation 3 content "close"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 9:52:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:52:47 PM PST
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/07/bethesda-close-on-new-skyrim-content-for-ps3

Today, Bethesda Game Studios - the developer behind Fallout 3 and the Elder Scrolls franchise - Tweeted some interesting news. Notably that the studio is "close on new Skyrim content for PS3 and PC." It is, of course, the proclamation of being close to a solution to its notorious PS3 DLC issues that's of real interest here.

Skyrim's problems on PS3 are, a year out from its initial launch, notorious. And while those problems haven't plagued everyone who played Skyrim on PlayStation 3, the issues were serious enough that it's stopped any of the game's much-anticipated DLC from coming to Sony's console.

So far, two DLC packs have been released for other platforms. However, both Dawnguard and Hearthfire have yet to come to PlayStation 3, with no word on if or when they would. The third piece of DLC, Dragonborn, was recently revealed.

Unfortunately, the vague nature of the Tweet from Bethesda Game Studios doesn't indicate much, except that we should likely expect more news sometime in the near future. In the meantime, let's keep our fingers crossed that PS3 gamers will finally get in on the DLC their Xbox 360 and PC-playing brethren have already experienced.

We've reached out to Bethesda for official comment, and will update if we hear back.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 2:59:33 AM PST
I've very glad that PS3 is going to be getting new content as long as it doesn't drag gameplay down the drain by causing more issues. Kinda suprised they mentioned new content for PC since all of the DLC on the 360 is already available on PC(plus all of the fan made content that will never see light of day on any console). Maybe new dev tools being released or something.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 3:04:22 AM PST
R. J. Gutt says:
My Skyrim PS3 play is almost at a halt. Items I have stored keep disappearing, game is pretty broken at this point.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 3:08:35 AM PST
I stopped playing(gave up) on the PS3 version after patch 1.4 but I had hoped that particular issue would have been resolved. Did they at least fix the issue with never being able to remove any books from a bookshelf that you place there? Regardless, it's worth getting the PC version if you have a computer that can handle it.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:06:22 AM PST
C. Zajic says:
They fixed the book issue but the loss of items inside certain residences is still an issue.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions