nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

`Black Ops 2' PS3 texture install size; latest online server status updates

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 2:36:27 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I'm living on the edge. Bye Bye KoF XIII

The texture install size has been revealed today for the Playstation 3 version of the upcoming multiplatform title, "Black Ops 2." According to The Gamers Hub (via MP1st), 1.8 GB of free space is needed on the hard disk drive for the optional install. In addition to the install information, Treyarch today provided several status updates in regards to the online servers for the first-person shooter. You can check out some screens from the video game in the slideshow at the top of this article and the details below (via

Playstation 3 and Xbox 360:

View slideshow: `Black Ops 2' PS3 texture install size; new online server status updates

Matchmaking services are enabled. All other services are undergoing continued maintenance in preparation for launch (Films, Emblem Editor, CODTV, Leaderboards, Recent Games, etc). Occasional disconnects should be expected.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II PC servers are offline in preparation for the game's worldwide launch on Tuesday, November 13th!

Nintendo Wii U:

Call of Duty: Black Ops II WiiU servers are offline in preparation for the WiiU release on November 18th!

In addition to the Playstation 3, "Black Ops 2" will also come out for the PC and Xbox 360 platforms in North America on Nov. 13. The first-person shooter is also a launch game for the Nintendo Wii U next-generation system, which is slated to come out on Nov. 18. You can pre-order the latest "Call of Duty" title in the following link: "Black Ops 2"

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 3:15:27 PM PST
Zak Iarih says:
About the servers, too bad they're still going to be using P2P really wish they'd go the way of BF3 and let people rent servers so they could use dedicated ones on ps3 and 360 instead of just pc

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 3:28:09 PM PST
JWK says:
"I'm living on the edge. Bye Bye KoF XIII"

It sucks, huh? Every new game I get on the PS3 means I need to delete something of the HDD. It's incredibly annoying. I like the performance after the installs, but it sure takes up a lot of space.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:03:39 PM PST
The best thing about the ps3 is the ability to upgrade the hard drive. It's almost required especially with PlayStation plus.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:04:55 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I need to upgrade something fierce man. Hopefully a cheap hdd upgrade come Black Friday.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Destiny PS4 VGF Clan v4.0 1345 2 minutes ago
What are the Odds Skyrim gets BC on X1 for X360? 1 8 minutes ago
Alright, your TDay/BF weekend list of shame. Whatcha getting/got? 185 11 minutes ago
Weekly Gaming and Weekend Recap: 11/30/15-12/4/15 11 13 minutes ago
OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS) 3401 38 minutes ago
Just Cause 3 is a single player game that requires an online connection 23 39 minutes ago
Halo 5 MP is pretty.... 8 42 minutes ago
Nintendo keeps savaging my wallet 61 43 minutes ago
OT: What's the deal with some Amazon merchants? 2 50 minutes ago
What flat panel tv are you using for gaming? 25 50 minutes ago
OT: Three killed, nine injured in attack on Colorado abortion clinic 65 1 hour ago
The Fallout 4 Discussion Thread 1951 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions