Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Gaming Xmas edition: What'd ya play?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 95 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 24, 2012 4:08:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2012 4:14:25 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I FINALLY (!) beat Infamous 2 and Bastion! It seemed like I would never beat Bastion because every time I made significant progress an issue would come up and I would lose my save (playing on iPad). Probably mostly my fault, but still a pain. So I sat down and forced myself to finish this game. It was really good, but I kept hearing about a story twist, and I guess it just wasn't all that impactful to me.

I also was able to beat Infamous 2 this weekend as well. I played full evil so I got the evil ending. I youtubed the good ending, and it made me think I chose wisely. Funny how the evil ending is never canon. Anyway, I've never played a game where I wanted to be a supporting character because the main was so unbearably boring and weak. Nix and Quo had such better powers it's not even funny. I never felt powerful in that game at all for being able to harness lightning. The only two segments that made me feel powerful were fighting in the lightning storm where I could draw power right from the clouds and the final part with The Beast. Other than that, it felt like I had no powers.

With those two games in the books, I started The Walking Dead Ep 2 on the iPad and I went back to Lego Lord of the Rings on the PS3. I also put in some Demon's Souls time as well. Just a bit though.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 4:17:04 AM PST
Restarted a playthrough on Fallout 3 goty, played some MTG, and logged into Borderlands 2 just long enough to activate a shift key. When I can finally get around to getting the urge to play this game, I'm going to have myself a good little stockpile of those keys.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 4:52:29 AM PST
Dark Souls, Dark Souls, and more Dark Souls on PC.

I have an SL 62 Darkwraith that uses a +15 balder side sword and a parrying dagger. So much fun!

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 4:59:05 AM PST
A tiny bit of Guild Wars 2 (Level 10 now), some Legend of Grimrock, and a ton of League of Legends.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 4:59:25 AM PST
Scottypiper says:
Had my brother and his two girls up for the weekend. We are now on World 7 of NSMB Wii (our second play through). We also played a little Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and some old GameCube Mario Party 6.

After they left early Sunday, I was able to play a few hours of my current project, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. About 3/4 done. Not sure what to play next. I have such a huge backlog. I think I need to finish some games that I started a while back but left them unfinished. That includes Super Paper Mario, Xenoblade Chronicles, and the Emissary mission on Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 4:59:51 AM PST
User says:
Hit lvl 70 in gw2. Hoping to hit 80 by Wednesday.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 5:39:44 AM PST
Black Ops 2, RE6, and Resistance 3

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 5:44:48 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Playing Halo 4 and Skyrim.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 5:45:43 AM PST
Anarchy 99 says:
Beat iNfamous Festival of Blood, if you are an Infamous fan i think its worth getting. Cant wait to start either Dishonored or Hitman this week, but cant make up my mind on which game to play first....

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 5:48:37 AM PST
Played a ton of Borderlands 2 yesterday in between watching football with my buddy. I've also gotten lots of time in The Witcher 2 over the last few days as well. Great gaming this past weekend!

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:04:50 AM PST
Going back to the beginning - started Assassin's Creed I

I'm getting back into gaming on a PC after a 15 year hiatus. Did use the family's Wii but not for serious stuff. Well, did try some, but couldn't just get the hang of certain games like Resident Evil 4. So stayed strictly with the family stuff - Mario Cart - Mario Party 8 and those types of games.

But in October finally bought a new state-of-the-art gaming rig that should handle anything. After I had Cyberpower do the custom build, I added a few things myself - extra fans to help cool the mobo and graphics card. And with all the sales on software starting with Thanksgiving week - and still going on, I've stocked up on 35 - 40 games to play. Let's just say it's going to be a long Winter....

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:11:10 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
P4G

I beat the fifth dungeon over the weekend and am at the beginning of November.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:17:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2012 6:17:41 AM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
Played my third run of FTL. Got pretty annoyed about the final boss area. Spent a long time getting there, then ended up losing, not because I let the big ship get to my base, but because I let him get about three planets away from my base. Yep, never even got to fight him. Wish I had known there was a particular range which he shouldn't get to. Just felt like an hour or two of gaming down the drain.

I also played through Wizorb. Really fun Breakout-clone. Highly recommend it if you like that genre.

Got a few hours of Borderlands 2 in with some friends, too.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:23:32 AM PST
Dark Souls, beat the gaping dragon and that butterfly dragon. I might finally have to go to blightown.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:24:16 AM PST
C_Hus says:
Tried making some progress in Sleeping Dogs, but unfortunately the wobbly camera seems to kick off motion sickness for me after about 30 minutes of play. Sucks because otherwise it's a great game. So instead I'm going to resume Mass Effect 3 after a six month hiatus.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:28:44 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Started Dishonored last night. Loving it thus far.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:37:26 AM PST
KrisCo says:
The only thing I played much of was Dance Central 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:51:28 AM PST
Oh, man. You reminded me of watching my mother-in-law trying to do gangnam style for Let's Dance 4. There are some things that you can't unsee.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:56:11 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You can take the back way if you chose the Master Key as your gift. That way you can avoid most of the town.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:57:16 AM PST
KrisCo says:
Ha! I think I know which part of the dance you are talking about too. :P

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:59:21 AM PST
I didn't play much of anything, busy weekend. I snuck in a few hours of Darksiders II, but that's it. Starting to get kind of burned out on gaming lately too, which really sucks :/

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:06:58 AM PST
Prankster says:
I didn't game much either since I was busy with my applications. I did however get my games which I ordered during the past month so once I get free now, I am spoiled for choices.

One problem I am however facing right now is that I still haven't completed Crysis 2 and I haven't played it since 2 months. I don't want to move on to another game without finishing it but I don't feel the urge to pick up the controller to play Crysis 2 either which sucks because I think it's a great game. My enthusiasm has only been dampened because of this break.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:32:45 AM PST
I think before I head there I need to assess my weapons. I've been using the Drake Sword but I think I'm at the point where I can upgrade a weapon I already have and make it better than what I'm using. It has treated me well this far but no scaling = time to retire.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:47:54 AM PST
Drake was good for me on my first playthrough until I got to Sen's. Blighttown can go down pretty easy with that weapon. Farm some moss from the forest before you go, however, as that can really make your life so much easier.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:56:05 AM PST
I'm just in the mood to craft something awesome. I've used the Drake Sword for pretty much all of the game so far and want to mix it up.

Also curious about mixing it up with armor but my Elite Knight armor seems to be holding up and I do love me the Black Knight Shield as it just looks cool.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  95
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions