Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dreamfall Chapters announced, a follow up to The Longest Journey and Dreamfall

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 10:51:10 AM PST
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/01/dreamfall-chapters-announced-a-follow-up-to-the-longest-journey-and-dreamfall/

Dreamfall Chapters announced, a follow up to The Longest Journey and Dreamfall

Tom Senior at 04:24pm November 1 2012

Marvellous news for fans of Ragnar Tørnquist's Longest Journey series: there will be more of it! Ragnar teased the announcement on Twitter and it's been officially announced in a press release on the Funcom site. It sounds like it'll remain true to the original games. "#Dreamfall Chapters won't be an online game," Tørnquist tweets. "It's going to be a single-player PC/Mac adventure game through and through."

With the Secret World out, Tørnquist has stepped into an advisory role as "creative director," which now gives him the chance to follow up from Dreamfall, released in 2006. It's taken a bit of rights wrangling to get the project greenlit. Funcom have agreed to license the Longest Journey IP to Tonrquist's new studio, Red Thread Games, in return for a share of the eventual profits. Red Thread have to fund production themselves, but have apparently already received a sum from the Norwegian Film Institute to support pre-production.

"I'm very excited to finally have the opportunity to continue the `The Longest Journey' saga," Tørnquist says in the press release. "Ever since we ended `Dreamfall' on a nail-biting cliffhanger, players have been rightfully demanding a sequel, and my deal with Funcom will finally make that possible. I'm extremely grateful to Funcom for this unique and exciting opportunity, and I can't wait to dive back into the universe I helped create more than a decade ago, and continue the story players have been waiting for these past six years."

Funcom say that "Red Thread Games will release more details about `Dreamfall Chapters' in the coming months."

Figured some people might like this news.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:53:24 AM PST
I can't wait. I still have my copies of TLJ and DF. I've waited so long for this.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:06:01 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Port the first games to iOS and then I'll be excited...

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:37:59 AM PST
Seriously? You'd be excited about having to hunt for items on a small screen? If anything iOS would make the experience worse.

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of adventure games and can't wait to buy this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Microsoft Working to 'Make Steam Progressively Worse' on Windows 10 to Force Gamers to Use Windows Store 14 1 minute ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 6663 2 minutes ago
OT: It's Going to be Great When Hillary Clinton Wins the Election 35 2 minutes ago
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 571 4 minutes ago
Furi: If you haven't played it yet, you need to immediately 13 6 minutes ago
Top 5 New IPs This Gen 29 6 minutes ago
Street fighter 5.. Juri finally released 17 7 minutes ago
Fallout 4 - Vault-Tec Workshop is out today. 11 8 minutes ago
Nintendo nx is a portable console with detachable controllers 155 14 minutes ago
Yes Mr.Trump, We Are The Champions 4 17 minutes ago
For the most important vote you can make who are you picking? 16 17 minutes ago
OT: I just want to say that everybody here is awesome! 41 23 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions