Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2012 7:19:30 AM PST
Anyone else pick this up on PSN for their PSP or Vita? It's on sale for 50% off through today I think.

Awesome combat and it hasn't been super difficult yet either. I like that there are objectives in some of the combats as well with bonuses depending on how you perform. I had one last night where you need to chase down and rescue someone that's being carried away while killing mobs that are protecting the kidnapper. If you don't move quick enough you'll fail the mission. The story is pretty good too and I like how characters interact with each other depending on your character's choices.

Some of the sprites are a bit bland in the game world, but the cutscenes and dialog animations are really well done.

If you did get it, what kind of familiar did you make?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:21:57 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I bought it, but have not had the time to play it yet. I am really looking forward to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:23:03 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Definitely picked it up, and definitely enjoying it so far :) I just made my familiar last night, a young girl who has high intelligence and no physical ability *laugh* I like the combat system so far, especially with more and more continually being added in... if only I could have convinced all the other teams to turn on the instructor at the school ;) grr.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:54:03 AM PST
It took me 5-6 tries to win that fight, but I finished with the most points and got an item that raises your action points by 100. Instead, I sold it for 3750 gold to the shop and have been able to outfit my characters with the best gear up until now. I just bought some armor that costs 1380 or something for my main character.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:02:47 AM PST
Today is the last day?!
I was hoping to hold out on PSN + downloading until i got my bigger SD card, but I want this!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:06:16 AM PST
I think the sale ends with tomorrow's update, but I forgot PSN is down for maintenance today.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:11:28 AM PST
The spell system took me awhile to figure out. Now I'm grinding up spells and stuff pretty easily. If you go into a lower leveled area you can set 2 people to defend and just kill everything with the person that you are trying to level up the skill with. You gain more action points with the party member that killed the monster.

Once a skill hits level 1, you can swap out that spellstone and retain the highest level of that skill you earned. I *finally* found a spellstone that grants cure. I think I'm going to turn Remus into my main spell caster. Vallery and Crevanille deal way too much standard attack damage to have them sitting back.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:27:16 AM PST
Hops says:
How much was it going for during the sale ? I bought this on either Friday or Saturday, I'm not sure I got the sale price.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:27:42 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:35:33 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
If you bought it this week off the PSN, then you got it on sale.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:43:34 AM PST
What skills did you familiar come with? I noticed those are a bit random as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:49:38 AM PST
The guy who does the artwork and character designs does a lot of hentai.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:53:30 AM PST
You can definitely tell. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:56:11 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
No clue atm :) I only finished her late last night, and until I get my stupid Vita case for Christmas, it ain't coming to work with me *laugh* How about yours?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions