Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Voter apparently dies; revives to make sure he voted

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 85 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 1:37:30 PM PST
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121106/METRO02/211060410

T y Houston, 48, a home care registered nurse, was toiling on his absentee ballot Monday afternoon when things got strange at township offices on 13 Mile.

"I was filling out the form as were an elderly couple sitting at a nearby table," said Houston on Tuesday. "His wife, who was helping him fill out the ballot, asked him a couple of questions but he didn't respond. She screamed for help and I went over to see what I could do."

Houston laid the victim on the floor and went to work.

"He was dead," Houston said. "He had no heartbeat and he wasn't breathing. I started CPR, and after a few minutes, he revived and started breathing again. He knew his name and his wife's name."

What happened next astounded Houston and the victim's wife.

"The first question he asked was 'Did I vote?'"

Dumbfounded, the man's wife told him that whether he voted was the least of their concerns.

"She told him 'Your life is my concern,'" Houston said.

According to Houston, the man - who had a tracheotomy in his throat -gulped down a few more breaths and then told her there are only two things that are important to me: "That I love you and that I finished what I came here to do ... vote."

Which he had done.

EMS personnel then took the pair to William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, but only after the couple wrapped Houston in thanks and hugs.

"It was God's divine word that I be there. Originally, I was just going skip the ballot and just go to lunch that day," Houston said.

Clerk Sharon Tischler confirmed the story Tuesday but said she didn't know the names of the couple. Houston also wasn't able to recall their names.

"It was definitely a 911 scenario," Tischler said. "It was great there was someone around to render aid."

tgreenwood@detnews.com

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:40:41 PM PST
LogJam says:
If he voted for Romney he should have stayed dead.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:41:17 PM PST
"It was God's divine word that I be there. Originally, I was just going skip the ballot and just go to lunch that day," Houston said."

I hope this person didn't vote.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:15:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 2:16:13 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Of course he voted. Obama is a threat to Judeo-Christian values, all the religious people have to vote. Because Paul Ryan....er, I mean Jesus told them too.

I can't wait until tomorrow: Obama wins, Mitt Romney disappears like Palin did, and the world can go back to normal without having to listen to every retar....Republican on the planet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:17:40 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Or Romney wins, it could happen. It's a semi-close race.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:18:49 PM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
It is close - but I bet ya two buck that Obama wins.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:19:37 PM PST
1#Pen Name says:
We can thank god when Romney wins

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:19:56 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Nope. Not even a remote possibility.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:20:35 PM PST
It's close in several swing states, but Obama has the lead in almost every singe one. So close can be used if you only look at it at individual state level. Regardless of what happens, we all lose. It's just a question of by how bad.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:22:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 2:25:17 PM PST
I hope he voted for Obama, he got Bin Laden killed during this term.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:23:57 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Seriously? He's not allowed to take credit for that? If the mission was a disaster and we ended up having to go to war with Pakistan, or if SEALS were captured or killed, he certainly would have taken the blame for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:24:47 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
And most of the Republicans have already voted and are home beating their wives and blogging about why gay marriage is killing this country.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:25:56 PM PST
Edited to say "he" instead of "we".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:26:24 PM PST
No. Obama does not get to claim credit for killing Osama bin Laden, just as Bush does not get to claim credit for capturing Saddam Hussein.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:27:15 PM PST
You know what's killing this country? Bullies. Every year a teen commits suicide because of Bullying. Unlike Gay Marriage, which there is nothing with gay marriage, bullying should be illegal.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:28:32 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yeah man. No need for high school to be like prison. Bullies should definitely be held more accountable than they are. Often times the school says that there is nothing they can do, then a school shooting happens or the one getting bullied kills him/herself. It's not right.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:29:00 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It's not like he made it sound like he geared up and participated in the raid and actually took the kill shot.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:31:49 PM PST
I know. Just a pet peeve of mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:31:54 PM PST
You think that they would illegalize bullying after Columbine. But, no, we decided to allow bullying, and act shocked when someone commits suicide or starts a school shooting occurs. Well, maybe they wouldn't happen if Bullying was ILLEGAL!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:34:06 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
This is very true. It doesn't matter who wins, because no one really gets into that level of politics with altruism in mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:34:44 PM PST
Yeah, but how do you outlaw bullying? I mean, there are already laws in place about not assaulting other people, but a lot of bullying is verbal or written. How do you protect against that?

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:35:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 2:36:55 PM PST
Voice of god says:
I propose this:

If you are going to be dead before the next guy becomes president, you don't get to vote. Don't make other people live with your stupid deathbrain-addled decisions, you old probable racist.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:35:47 PM PST
Voice of god says:
Maybe they should get the problem at its source and outlaw being a pussy who's totally asking for it.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:36:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 3:15:39 PM PST
Witch one is taller??? I'm always attracted to the taller one!!! Why don't they provide those statistics when voting i wonder???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:36:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 2:36:52 PM PST
How do you know someone is going to be dead before the next guy becomes president?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  85
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions