Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Far Cry 3: How to kill a shark?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:19:35 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I wait Until it comes to shore and then I roast it with the flame thrower. I kill everything with the flame thrower.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:09:22 PM PST
MrnDpty161 says:
Nothing much to it, a lot of them hang out near the water's edge, best to hunt for them in a designated place where they'd be found. Any gun will work --- even the simple AK. Easy way though? Run it over with a jet Ski then take the skin. You really don't need the diving shot that much, quick dip, skin and back up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:00:38 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Shooting anywhere on the cage opens them, so you don't have to aim close to the animal.

I hated the signature sniper rifle, prefer a silencer myself.

The assault rifle is cool, but not really any better than the Shredder SMG.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:51:01 PM PST
neu Tron says:
You don't get the signature assault rifle until you've activated every radio tower.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:14:53 PM PST
Joel H. says:
Ya it's great. But ever since i aquired the signature sniper i seem to kill the animals inside the cage more than just release them. So instead of me being stealthy, i come across like some bitter poacher. It's got good range though. I'm somewhat near the plat but haven't seen the signature assault rifle. Kinda dissapointed about that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:03:16 PM PST
Ice King says:
You know what's fun? Tag just the animal in a cage then release it and watch the icon from afar.
I did that with a tiger and all I saw was the teeth icon wander around then change direction and run to another spot followed by screams and gunfire. This went on for a few minutes before I got the camp captured animation.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 12:55:17 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Holy sardine! Hand down the shark-repellent Batspray!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 12:52:23 PM PST
Joel H. says:
The other night i set loose one of those peacock things and it strutted around the camp and took a good 4-5 min to inch its way over to everyone. Each time a AAAHHahahhhh. I like to watch.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 12:49:13 PM PST
I finished clearing the first island of outposts and quests. I have to say this game has me pretty well hooked. I'm really getting into landmines. I set a bunch of them in front of an outpost and then jumped into a mounted turret and started blazing on dudes. I made sure one survived to hit the alarm. The outpost was nestled against a moutain so there was only one way the reinforcements could come from: the way I mined.

Needless to say I could have merely killed the guy before he hit the alarm. Why did I bother? @#$% them, that's why.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 12:43:42 PM PST
Marvelous says:
Agreed, I was hooked by the voice acting and it's story.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:56:51 AM PST
I'm even liking the story missions but it's so easy (and awesome) to be distracted.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:43:48 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I think it's climbing radio towers and liberating posts is what unlocks the mini games. I noticed once I kept doing the hunting missions, hitman missions, and supplydrop missions, that's when the mini games started showing up on my map.

I'm only a couple missions farther than you in the story, I've been hooked on exploring, and hunting animals for crafting purposes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:43:38 AM PST
I haven't even taken out an outpost except that first one as part of a story.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:42:36 AM PST
Joel H. says:
This game should be nothing but outposts. Over and over. Outposts. OUTPOSTS!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:41:45 AM PST
Damn, I gots to find me how to unlock minigames. Do I have to do story missions to get them or different side missions?

So far in the story I'm only as far as having had my first mushroom trip. Other than that I've really just did a little hunting and climbing towers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:38:13 AM PST
Marvelous says:
They have a sniping mini game, that for some reason reminded me of a new age Duck Hunt!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:32:33 AM PST
Damn, it makes me wish there was also a bustin' ghosts mini game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:18:45 AM PST
Marvelous says:
But it's so much fun running them over with a Jet Ski. I mean, who would have ever thought you could kill a shark with a jet Ski - dose of awesome!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:17:57 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I was blown away how awesome the poker in this game was... i mean, it really feels like you are sitting there playing a game of texas hold em.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:16:51 AM PST
LogJam says:
Start overfishing its main food supply, make sure there are no license plates around that it can eat, and you're in business. You'll never have to kill another shark again.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:16:36 AM PST
I still haven't even unlocked being able to do any knife throwing or poker. I want me some mini-games.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:14:54 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Killing a shark lets you unlock Roy Scheider for MP.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:12:58 AM PST
Marvelous says:
The stealth elements are so awesome, I absolutely love the hitman contracts where you are required to get up close and personal with that knife of jasons.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:12:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 11:12:16 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Haha awesome, I figured you'd dig it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:10:15 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I think it is hands down thee best FPS shooter I have ever played since I've become an amid gamer! The graphics, story, gameplay mechanics, details are just so perfect.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions