Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: NFL Week 16: Last two weeks are upon us and some of the worst football of the year will start. Teams are giving up. But nonetheless...WHO YA GOT!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 79 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:34:58 AM PST
I would at least threw Tebow out there more. The Jets did not really use him to his full potential. I would if he would have went to Jacksonville, would they have a better record.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:06:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 11:07:05 AM PST
Lucanus says:
And if he gets hurt? It just doesn't seem worth it to me. Sanchez should have been benched weeks ago. :)

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:24:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 11:30:57 AM PST
SMH says:
Last week: 8-8
Season: 141-83

Falcons @ Lions: Falcons

Titans @ Packers: Packers

Vikings @ Texans: I'm looking forward to this game. I'm a big fan of record breaking/making history, so I want to see AP have a great game. With that said, I don't think the Vikings will win. Texans

Giants @ Ravens: Which Giants team shows up this week? It's like a game in itself. I am making this pick purely because I don't like the Giants. Ravens

Rams @ Bucs: Bucs

Raiders @ Panthers: Panthers

Bills @ Fins: Dolphins

Bengals @ Steelers: Bengals

Pats @ Jags: Patriots

Colts @ Chiefs: Colts

Saints @ Cowboys: Saints

Redskins @ Eagles: Redskins

Browns @ Broncos: Broncos

Bears @ Cards: Cards

9ers @ Seahawks. 49ers

Chargers @ Jets: No Sanchez means the Jets have a better shot of winning than most weeks. Jets

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:06:28 AM PST
WesCyde says:
HAHA So i saw a headline this morning Jets trying to Trade Sanchez for Michael Vick...What do you all think the odds of that happening are LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:15:40 AM PST
There is no way that would happen. Any team who gets Vick has to know that he is not going to be able to play a full season and needs at least a average backup. However, it would be intresting to see some Vick Tebow formations. He would be more open to it then Sanchez was.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:19:43 AM PST
WesCyde says:
I think its even more interesting that you went with an answer about vicks injury prone self over the fact that sanchez is not even near worth vick even at this stage of his career. the eagles should take a shot at matt flynn IMO at least they have a similiar contract, sanchez can be back with pete caroll so thats familiar to him and its on the other side of the US

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:23:51 AM PST
The eagles shouldn't be that desperate. They've got Foles that is doing a decent job. You've got other servicable QB's that will get you by for a year out there. Matt Moore, Kyle Orton. You've got Alex Smith who for now holds the record for the highest QB rating who will be available next year. You've also got some very talented backups out there like Flynn, Cousins, and Mallett that could be had for a second rounder that have the talent to be a starter. THEN you've got the draft. There is no shortage of available starting caliber QB's this year like most years.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:35:49 AM PST
WesCyde says:
Yah i agree, I just cant believe the jets think they will get something back and if they do it surely will not be a QB or anything above a 5th rounder and thats being nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:42:08 AM PST
At the very most a 4th rounder and I would assume the trading team will force them to pick up part of his salary too. The only places I can see them picking him up for a potential starter position would be the Chiefs or Cardinals...just because those two teams are the only two teams that have a worse QB situation than the jets...but then again there are better alternatives out there for those teams than Sanchez...like Alex Smith or Cousins or Mallett...but then again the chiefs might be adverse in picking up another patriots backup...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:49:47 AM PST
WesCyde says:
All i know is the jets should kick themselves right now for doing that contract in the off season for no reason then to make him feel safe IMO. "F" Safe they should have made him prove he wanted to be the guy, they sure did coddle him and now they are paying for it because he was going into his last year of the original contract without that upgrade in the offseason

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:53:21 AM PST
There is no way that the Redskins are going to get rid of Cousins. I know RG3 will play this week, but his playing style is going to get him hurt again. They know that Cousins will be able to win games for them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:54:59 AM PST
They spent a 3rd or 4th rounder on him...they'd get rid of him for a second rounder. There are plenty of backups out there they could replace him with.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:58:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:06:10 AM PST
SMH says:
I thought the general consensus is that the QB draft this year is weak, which is what makes any QB moves in the offseason that much more important. There isn't much in the free agent market, but you aren't really getting much in the draft either, so it's a tough year to be looking for a QB. Honestly, if you were a fan of a team and your big prize was either Matt Moore or Kyle Orton, how pissed would you be?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:06:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:06:48 AM PST
But due to the overwhelming success this year of last year's QB class, there isn't as many teams in the QB market. Let's see, of the ones that are desperate for QB's you've got

Jets
Chiefs
Cards
Eagles
Jags?
Bills?
Raiders?

You have available from my opinion best to worst
Alex Smith
Cousins
Mallett
Matt Moore (FA)
Geno Smith (draft)
Vick
Matt Barkley (draft)
Kyle Orton (FA)
Campbell (FA)
Sanchez

At best some of these guys could be franchise players (top 3) and at worst these guys could be a band-aide until the 2014 off season. Lets be honest...none of the teams in QB need are a QB away from going to the Super Bowl. If you can't get one of the franchise possible guys...get a band aide until next year's draft or Free Agency

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:08:05 AM PST
OP says:
Taking into account his performance over the last 2 years plus his contract going forward, I can't imagine Sanchez has much trade value at this point.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:14:46 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Sanchez finished last in pretty much all major QB stats this year..... why would anybody want him? I think Vick is a horrible QB and he still is 10x better than Sanchez. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:21:38 AM PST
WesCyde says:
The raiders have had issues with palmer but I think they give him one more year and focus on defense and RB

The bills just gave Fitzpatrick a huge contract he is not going anywhere

As much as i like jason campbell he sure did nothing to replace cutler when he had the chance.

I have also heard a lot of talk about Glennon from NC State in the draft

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:37:32 AM PST
Well the Bills and Raiders were iffy. Both are pretty much hog tied to their current QB's because of draft capital or monetary reasons but I could see them picking up a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:12:27 AM PST
Hey you forgot the Bears. They might not resign Cutler. I could see them going after Alex Smith if they did that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:15:25 AM PST
I'd be shocked if they didn't resign him. Frankly it doesn't matter what QB they have they need a better O-line. They saw what kind of team they had when their backups come in. If anything I'd put them in the market for a solid backup that would challenge Cutler but not out right replace him. They need to invest heavily in that o-line

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:19:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:20:22 AM PST
Yeah but anytime Cutler plays the Packers he just throws them the ball! Lovie has to be gone though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:55:35 AM PST
SMH says:
Yeah...band aid is the right word. There isn't a QB outside of the top 3 that I would sign with any kind of confidence that they would increase my team's win total. Unfortunately, after seeing Palmer and Sanchez, I couldn't bring myself to draft a USC quarterback, but someone will take a flyer on him and Geno Smith. Plus a guy like EJ Manuel (who sucks) out of FSU will pretty much tear up the combine and become overvalued, so someone will likely draft him and be disappointed with what they get if he ever actually has to play.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:27:12 AM PST
WesCyde says:
So does anyone think that either Aldon Smith or JJ Watt will break the Sack Record in the next two games, it seems pretty likely.

Record is 21.5 by strahan

Watt has 19.5 (got 3 last week)
Aldon Smith has 19.5 (had that same number going into last weeks game)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:32:26 AM PST
Yes, I do think that record will be broken.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:33:10 AM PST
I'd say that of the two Aldon Smith has a better shot just because of the teams he's playing.He plays the cards in week 17 and they have an atrocious O-line. But both are able to do it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions