Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Worst Video Game Story You've Played Through

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 112 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:54:23 AM PST
Breeze says:
I would disagree as the Blazblue series has my favorite story of this generation.

As for the worst video game story I can think of off the top of my head, I'd go with Assassin's Creed Revelations.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:00:07 AM PST
Maybe it's just me, but I can't get into the AC series. I bought the third, initially liked but lost interest in the game within a week (sold it around two weeks later), and I got the second game and was bored out of my mind.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:20:32 PM PST
I've just recently played Silent hill 2(again), Silent Hill 3, and Origins. The games were pretty good, but the stories were pretty bad, mostly because they don't make much sense. I still have Fractured Dreams and Homecoming to play. I do remember the original SH being a great game(at the time).
Everyone seemed to love SH2, but even the first time I played it, I thought it was just ok.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:05:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 1:32:22 PM PST
"Demons/dark souls both have crappy stories."

Well...no they don't. I have to disagree with the intial OP that says "games usually have horrible stories" and these two games serve as good examples. Some games tell stories in a nontraditional fashion. I can agree that, say, Assassin's Creed: Revelations does a bad job at telling it's story (because the series loses focus as a narrative during the Desmond frame story). Dark Souls is fantastically successful in conveying its tale.

Think about how a song or a poem tells a story. You get imagery, sometimes a small glimpse at characters, setting, etc. Games like Dark Souls tell their story through atmosphere, through mood. Look at Anor Londo for example. The second you arrive you can practically feel the lore in the air around you. The setting sun, the ancient spires and arches. It's a very different place than the Catecombs or the Undead Parish. The imagery suggests a sort of waning hope, of a fire going out (the theme of fire is very prevalent throughout Dark Souls). In fact, one can even put the fire out entirely (you players know what I mean) and plunge the world into darkness.

The narrative is almost nonexistent, that's true, but there is a story in Dark Souls that's much richer than many told with 60k lines of dialogue and cutscenes.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:16:04 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:22:50 PM PST
BioShock 2 had a horrible story? That...an interesting opinion.

I mean sure, it wasn't as good as the original, but it was far from bad.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:25:13 PM PST
Home Fried says:
Ghouls and Ghosts. When you think you've finished the game and saved the princess, you find out that she lost her necklace or something, and you have to play the game all over again to find it. I wanted to throw my Super Nintendo at my TV at that moment.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:27:53 PM PST
Benpachi says:
Holy moly, Tales of the Abyss??? I won't shoot you, but dang, I can't believe you thought that was a bad story.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:33:27 PM PST
"Metroid: Other M"

Well here's some reasons why that's a really good story....

Uhmm....uhhh....you see. Samus is just this gal, you know?

Yeah.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:29:32 PM PST
Actually, it was largely the same story.

I mean, Lamb was basically Ryan. She was a hardcore collectivist rather than a hardcore individualist...and her extremism turned her into EXACTLY THE SAME PERSON. It is actually a pretty clever thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:37:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 5:40:58 PM PST
A customer says:
Rage is complete garbage. Bethesda's attempt in trying to be like Borderlands.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:38:39 PM PST
Jason Lee says:
Can't expect a good story when there's barely any plot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:39:57 PM PST
A customer says:
BioShock 2?? No, no, no. That game is almost just as good or better than the original BioShock, and way more immersive. I pre-ordered BioShock Infinite!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:40:26 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
Except for the new Mortal Kombat which has the best story mode of any fighting game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:43:11 PM PST
No, Arkham City has the best story and you know it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:45:38 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:47:33 PM PST
Nope. Best single player game, best multiplayer game, best storyline, best characters. The game is the best all around.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:03:39 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
How many times do I have tell you Arkham City does not have multiplayer and COD:Black ops 2 has the best multiplayer of any game right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:05:46 PM PST
How many times do I have to tell you that I play AvJ every single day and I'm at Bat-stige 100 in it? I'm an expert in Batarangs and I can own every player with it. Shoot me up, we'll play sometime. GamerTag AvJIsTheBestBatman391

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:11:46 PM PST
Do you use Prodigy to connect your Xbox online? I prefer CompuServe myself.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:13:44 PM PST
Justin Burke says:
Battlefield 3 had a lame story. Played all the way through. It was terribly glitchy and turned me off to the whole story...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:16:08 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
Nope I use netgear to connect to xbox live.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:17:11 PM PST
Ah yes, I remember that game. The campaign for that one was terrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:17:37 PM PST
You should try Prodigy, since it's in your name. Let's play some AvJ sometime! I'll show you the Bat-ropes! What's your gamertag? I'll shoot you a request!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:17:48 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2013 11:46:22 AM PST]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  112
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions