Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Far Cry 3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 346 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 9:59:15 PM PDT
pyroguy says:
speaking of "Blood Dragon", if you approach an occupied garrison to take over, you can sometimes toss your dice towards an active vehicle, which will often accidentally run over another cyber-soldiers (good for gits-and-shiggles)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 2:15:31 PM PDT
I think even with games where you could tackle it any way you want they didn't encourage it the same way FC3 seems to. Usually I find one or two ways that work from me but with Far Cry I feel I've done everything. Stealth, guns blazing, coming in by land, air, and sea, setting up traps, releasing wild animals on people, taking advantage of practically every perk, and of course burning fields of pot.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 2:11:14 PM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Far Cry 3 is the game that every other game wishes they were when they said you can choose your own way through objectives.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 2:09:37 PM PDT
R. Typo says:
FC4 next-gen is going to star Smokey the Bear.

And he's pissed.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 2:07:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2013 2:08:47 PM PDT
That reminds me

Protip: Fires can burn out of control VERY quickly. When one starts be aware that it doesn't quickly surround you.

EDIT: Also any cage can get shot open with one or two shots. Just a handy little bit of info to keep in mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 2:05:49 PM PDT
OP says:
True, true; another fun option was using the molotovs, but unfortunately most of the outposts weren't grassy enough for it to light the whole thing up.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 2:03:44 PM PDT
Also be careful of the lasers that the ancient dragons shoot from their...wait, that was Blood Dragon. By the way, when you are done with this game, check out blood dragon.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 2:03:03 PM PDT
The game was pretty cool. I got a little bored with it as it drug on but yeah man those friggin gators scare the crap out of you.

But seriously...there is very little that is more fun than sneaking your way through an enemy camp and putting knives through necks.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 2:02:24 PM PDT
Soulshine says:
Don't forget that you can throw rocks to distract enemies. I feel like I didn't make use of that enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 2:02:22 PM PDT
The game will tell you. I don't remember off hand but it very directly spells out what hides you'll need to craft what. I know sharks are one of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 2:02:12 PM PDT
Meth Panther says:
It will tell you in the inventory what you need. A lot of the hunting challenges match up with what you need to craft more stuff. Including the rare animals.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 2:01:38 PM PDT
Also putting C4 on a truck, drive it off a cliff into the outpost and detonate it from the top of the cliff also works.

Stealth is fun, but so is the exact opposite of that.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 2:01:08 PM PDT
Error says:
Hah! Sounds like I have much to look forward to. The VGF is always great about sending a person off to tackle a new game with a healthy mix of good advice and game-based humor.

What are the animals I need for the weapon slots, btw?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 1:57:43 PM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Doesn't matter. Those damn gators still have me screaming out loud when they attack. Bastids.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 1:56:11 PM PDT
OP says:
One point about outposts: instead of sneaking around in order to deactivate the alarms, shooting them out will also do the trick. Would have saved me a lot of time if I'd realized that earlier.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 1:54:34 PM PDT
Shhhhhhh, let him find that out on his own.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 1:53:44 PM PDT
LogJam says:
Yeah, never go in the water ever because there are grouchy reptiles in there

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 1:53:25 PM PDT
The game does a good job of keeping you on track until it's time to go off track and do whatever you want. Pretty much it starts with story/tutorial, you get to a town of locals and you learn about climbing a tower and hunting animals so you can craft stuff and from there you can do whatever you want.

I'd recommend hunting down the animals you need to craft weapon inventory slots early on so you can hold 4 weapons earlier instead of later. Also if you are starting to max out your available perks and there are still a bunch that show as locked do some story missions until you unlock the next set.

Lastly don't spend too much money on buying weapons, you can get free weapons by unlocking towers.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 1:49:27 PM PDT
Soulshine says:
Damn - I just remembered that I never finished this game. Such a great one too!

@Error - Eh, just go for it. Maybe a hint would be: don't sell animal pelts/crafting items until you know you won't use it for crafting a later item (check the crafting menu). And craft the extra weapon slots right away so you can carry 4.

Also, grenade arrows. GRENADE ARROWS!

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 1:42:44 PM PDT
Error says:
I think it's about time to take the shrink wrap off this baby and fire it up. Before I begin, is there anything I should know before playing to get max enjoyment out of it? Or is this just a "there is no wrong way to play" type of game? Or does the VGF even remember?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 6:48:27 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
The story keeps getting better my man.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 6:24:40 AM PST
Yea the story has started with a lot of potential and has had some quality characters introduced if the story keeps the same level of quality to the end it will easily be my pick for GOTY which was sleeping dogs which also had an awesome story line and awesome gameplay, but FC3 is just some much more open and seems like a much larger game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 6:15:04 AM PST
Hold up throughout...like all the way to the end?

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 6:02:54 AM PST
I just started my playthrough done some hunting bagged acouple sharks and upgraded my bag and holsters and finished like 4 story missions and 3 co-op missions as long as the story keeps up the quality throughout this is easily my GOTY this is the best first person co-op I have played and I hope they add more missions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 8:22:57 PM PST
C.W. says:
Yeah. I actually am not a fan of the characters in this game at all, with the exception of Vaas. Whenever I interact with his friends, I feel like I'm watching a really poorly written MTV2 reality TV series.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  346
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions