Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone seen the man with the iron fists yet?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2012 4:13:50 PM PDT
raul says:
Anyone seen it yet? Is the action as kickass as in the trailers.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:26:17 PM PDT
DVvM says:
I saw it at 10 AM this morning.

All in all, it was satisfying, but not as great as I hope it would be. RZA definitely has a good understanding of how to put together a movie in this genre (classic Kung Fu) but he needs to learn to slow down and simplify some of the cinematography so we can appreciate more of the choreography.

Speaking of the choreography, it's really not up to snuff compared to the films that this movie is a tribute to, largely because all of the leads are people who are are better actors than they are martial artists/tumblers. When your final showdown includes such characters as RZA, George Clooney, RZA, and Lucy Liu (none of whom are accomplished martial artists) you sort of have trouble putting together the insanely awesome final fight sequence (that more or less justifies the entire movie) which is the touchstone of so many Shaw Bros. classics (c.f. "Invincible Pole Fighter" or "Return to the 36th Chamber".)

But all in all, it's a competent action flick, so if you like this sort of thing you will be entertained.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:30:29 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
I had no idea RZA directed it! In that case...how was the soundtrack?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:31:11 PM PDT
"Speaking of the choreography, it's really not up to snuff compared to the films that this movie is a tribute to, largely because all of the leads are people who are are better actors than they are martial artists/tumblers."

This is what kinda turned me away from the movie, I think Russell Crowe is a good actor, but I can not just see him in a movie like this. I'll still rent it, just because of the RZA.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:31:52 PM PDT
DVvM says:
The soundtrack was excellent.

RZA wrote, directed, starred in, and produced the soundtrack for this film.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:33:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 5:34:48 PM PDT
DVvM says:
I think it's still worth a matinee. Enough of the supporting characters have kung fu chops that there's a bunch of neat stuff in this movie, it's just that the principles are not exactly great martial artists.

This movie is definitely worth a rental someday though, since they apparently cut about 2 hours of stuff for the final theatrical version. The Director's Cut is going to be awesome. I'm looking forward to the commentary track, honestly since RZA is a smart dude and he really knows his classic kung fu cinema.

Something to keep your eye out for when you do see it, Russell Crowe's character deliberately attempts to emulate the late ODB. It's something to see.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:35:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 5:40:42 PM PDT
The Director's Cut sounds like it would be really good.

I think the Rza is great in pretty much anything he does.

I'm saving my money to go see Skyfall. Flight with Denzel Washington looks good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:35:58 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
The Man With The Iron Fists [Explicit]

From what I've listened to, it's pretty damn good Kirk.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:50:02 PM PDT
"RZA wrote, directed, starred in, and produced the soundtrack for this film."

New Bobby D.? I'm gonna send that right to my phone. Thanks Amazon!

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 2:19:04 PM PDT
Technosapien says:
The song "6 Directions of Boxing" on the soundtrack is really good. It's got that classic Wu-Tang sound that I love so much. Haven't heard the rest of the soundtrack, yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 2:21:39 PM PDT
I'm really liking "Rivers of Blood"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 3:33:16 PM PDT
user22 says:
Wow, pretty interesting to see The Black Keys and Corinne Bailey Rae on there.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions