Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

You should probably buy Anarchy Reigns

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 65 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2013 3:18:50 PM PST
I'm just throwing that out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 3:26:19 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I remember being interested in this when it was first teased, but isn't it just a multiplayer-focused game?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 3:30:07 PM PST
DVvM says:
I think it has multiplayer, but isn't necessarily multiplayer focused.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 3:36:50 PM PST
I know next to nothing about this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 3:58:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 3:58:55 PM PST
Benpachi says:
I'm playing it right now, really liking it too. The single player is pretty much a sequel to Madworld, minus the awesomely violent executions. Can't wait to check out the MP. The combat in this game is soooo good (no surprises there, Platinum FTW!).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 4:12:59 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Ah, well that's good to know. I was under the impression that it was a sort of Starhawk situation - yeah, there's single player, but it exists more as an instrument to prepare you for MP.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 4:26:55 PM PST
DVvM says:
Does it have more variety than MadWorld? I thought the problem with MadWorld is that it quickly became tedious.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 4:33:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 4:35:55 PM PST
Benpachi says:
There is much more variety to the combat, but it's still bound to get repetitive. I have only been playing for an hour, and I'm still in the first hub world, so I don't know if the objects/vehicles/environmental hazards get more interesting or not. There is a second character as well, and he plays much differently than Jack. For multiplayer, there are something like 20 different characters.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 4:49:29 PM PST
Yep, it's a brawler at heart, which means it'll get repetitive. But honestly, it's no more repetitive than shooting people in Call of Duty, which people seem to just love. This game reminds me of a Sega game during the Dreamcast era. In my opinion, Sega and Platinum were the perfect partners. Too bad it ended.

And there's a full-fledged campaign, which is given replayability since you can play with 2 different people, from 2 different perspectives.

Multiplayer is so much fun, but single player is super neat. You're given a hub world sprinkled with baddies, launch pads, some vehicles with flamethrower attachments, and then missions. It's one sweet package for $30. I paid $20 and would've happily paid $30. The combat's just so awesome. And dat soundtrack! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 4:50:45 PM PST
Sounds cool. Seems like a steal at that price.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:16:42 PM PST
Technosapien says:
My copy should be here by Friday. Can't wait!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 8:38:12 PM PST
Chris94 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 8:45:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 8:46:13 PM PST
Go play Madden or MoH.

Or that Patton game you say is better than XCOM, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:16:04 PM PST
Chris94 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:02:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 6:03:22 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Bump for great justice!

This game is awesome. I played through about half of Jack's side of the campaign last night, it's one of the most nonsensical games I've ever played, so much fun. It's very much like the brawlers of old, picture a free roaming Final Fight in 3D and you have your hub levels. After you earn enough points from missions you open up the next missions, just like Madworld if you played that. The combat is excellent, you can do ok just mashing buttons if you like, or you can string together elaborate combos (you'll need to do that to play online, trust me). I played some of the MP as well, the reviewer who said it was like Power Stone was not lying. I stuck with 2 on 2 matches and it was a blast, I don't know how fun it would be with more people than that though, chaotic as hell with just 4 people. I wouldn't buy it for $60, but as a $30 game Anarchy Reigns is great.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:05:28 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I'd rather just play the God of War Ascension beta for free.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:11:10 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
What are you going to do when the beta ends?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:12:25 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
What's Epic Miney?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:13:46 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I'll have had my fill.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:16:25 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I was going to hold off on this but you're making me want to buy it. I probably won't mess with the MP much but I want to play the campaign for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:27:40 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I don't understand how it says it has a huge open world to explore. It sounds like an arena-based MP game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:29:17 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
From what I understand the levels are large open areas where you tackle objectives in the order you want. Kind of like MadWorld.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:33:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 6:37:03 AM PST
Benpachi says:
You can play two sides of the campaign: Black (you play as Jack from Madworld) and White (you play as Leo, new character). Each of them have 5 open hub worlds that serve as level 1-5 respectively. In those hub worlds, you have infinite respawning enemies to deal with as you make your way to the missions that open up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:39:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 6:39:35 AM PST
Benpachi says:
I think you'll really like it, man. It has that special brand of crazy that you can only get from Clover/Platinum, and the combat is excellent.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:46:37 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:35 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions