Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: This is "THE" OT Thread, born and bred in the USA, but hip, worldly; and generally benevolent; where men are men, boys will be boys, and girls actually exist

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 601-625 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:58:00 PM PST
I have the Rising 2 with West in it. I might try that one. RFG looks really good, though. I think I'll crash first. My psy meds are kicking in and I get tired after 10 to 12 hours awake. Thanks for the help! Appreciate it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:04:06 PM PST
Enjoy! Don't forget to put cookies and milk out for Santa.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 11:52:30 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
http://baltimoresportsreport.com/tony-siragusa-ugly-christmas-sweater-35656.html

Try this

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 11:54:37 PM PST
Wow.

Now that, is a real man.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 12:10:41 AM PST
Shadow Cat woke me up, and my brain hurts more than usual again. I think I'll eat some cookies and drink some water and MT Dew. heehee

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 6:05:45 AM PST
Yup, that's pretty ugly!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 6:27:10 AM PST
I say Max Payne 3, only game with Hawaiian shirts.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 8:27:22 AM PST
I ordered Dark Star One X360 with my Amazon Christmas Gift Card! Now I must buy an X360 so I can play it. Then I have to get all the Halos and Gears games. Oh, and Divinity II!

:)

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 4:49:31 PM PST
I have decided to get an X360 next week. I am also going to trade in a huge number of PS3 games, about 20. I originally planned to keep good games in my library, but most I will never play again and they are just collecting dust. I have a $30 Gamestop Gift Card and along with these trade ins I can buy the new console for a lot less. This should work out nicely, I hope.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 2:10:41 AM PST
'Twas the Night after Christmas, and All was Quiet on the VGF ...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:55:21 AM PST
Cause Far Cry 3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:06:34 AM PST
Finger says:
Lucky you! For the first time ever, my wife decided to get me a video game. She bought me Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

It's the thought that counts. Lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:18:08 AM PST
Anthony says:
ouch.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 10:19:36 AM PST
Anthony says:
i think it was Duke, that mentioned he was looking at Port Royal 3. anyway, i noticed a minute ago that its like $20 right now.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 10:37:00 AM PST
I ate too much and drank too much yesterday... Mission accomplished.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:41:44 AM PST
Finger says:
Oh, it's not so bad. Actually, I thought it rather thoughtful of her. She knows nothing about video games, but saw me organizing all of my old PC games a couple of weeks ago. I mentioned that I have a copy of every Medal of Honor game going back over a decade, even the really bad ones like Pacific Assault. So she bought it for my collection. Was nice of her.

Though she did buy it for PS3. Like I said, she knows nothing about video games. Ha!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:44:35 AM PST
Finger says:
Well done, sir! Wait a minute, isn't Kwanzaa tomorrow?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:53:18 AM PST
Anthony says:
lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:58:58 AM PST
Anthony says:
He's not really a Kwanzaa Nerf Herder! he's a phony! a big fat phony!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:00:09 AM PST
Actually Kwanzaa starts today! Yet another excuse to eat, drink, and be merry while sticking it to the white man!

And it is the thought that counts when it comes to a gift like that but nothing feels worse than faking excitement for something you really don't want lol. Almost every time my mother got me a game when I was growing up it was always something I didn't want. Like when I got the Gamecube I remember telling her constantly that I didn't want Wave Race yet what game was waiting for me under the tree? Wave Race... It's a fun game but when you've got next to nothing for games a racing game isn't really going to cut it lol.

The one time she did hit a home run though was when she got me Animal Crossing. Absolutely love that series and couldn't have been happier to get it.

Hope you had a good Christmas man and got to spend plenty of time with the family yesterday.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:00:47 AM PST
I resent that!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:03:42 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Don't trust whitey.

My wife's grandma continued to buy her VHS movies up until 2010 for her birthday and Christmas. Half the time they weren't even good. One year she got Lord of the Rings, but another she got Kangaroo Jack.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:13:13 AM PST
Last night I had a dream in which I was a wizard of some talent in the dark arts who lived in the big gothic house on the top of the hill surrounded by labyrinthine gardens filled with spooky topiary and clown mannequins. The interior was this dilapidated art deco number with faded oranges and greens, very spacious rooms, almost no furniture and cabinets on darn near every wall.

I worked at the local university teaching two classes: "Vocabulary" and "Sega Genesis." In the course of the dream I became fed up with the fact that the Vocabulary class was just a glorified spelling bee, and scrapped the format of the class and just gave the students books to read (since that's how you learn words anyway), inscribed with magical runes to prevent theft or loss.

I also rescued my cat from some carnies.

I just thought I would share.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:13:14 AM PST
Finger says:
I always thought Kwanzaa was a made-up holiday just intended to make white people feel alienated. Lol

Thanks, man! It was a pretty good day. Started off kinda rough, my kid and I are sick. But we rallied, built some Legos, made the best of it. And in the evening I stayed home while the wife and kid went to visit the in-laws. I got to watch Bullitt (another of my wife's gifts, Love that movie) and didn't get near my in-laws. Double bonus.

How was yours?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:16:49 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Sega Genesis class doesn't count toward a degree in Engineering, unfortunately.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  90
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions