Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: We've lost one of our own; RIP Ghost

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 313 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 10, 2013 7:34:38 AM PST
Woke up this morning to find some horrible news on Facebook. Earlier this morning [G.H.O.S.T.] passed away after a long battle with cancer. His family says that he went peacefully surrounded by friends and family.

I know many here enjoyed talked with him and I'm not sure how many are friends through Facebook or were even aware of the situation.

Keep his family in your thoughts and please leave some kind words for him and his family. I plan on linking this thread to his Facebook page so everyone can see the kind of support he had from all over.

Rest well dood, you're gonna be missed and there's not going to be another like you. I'm gonna be "Gaming Hardcore on Old School Titles™" for you tonight dood.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2013 7:41:35 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
Damn, that's horrible news. Ghost, we will miss you and I loved talking about video games with you. You'll always be one of the greatest VGF members I've met. R.I.P. homeboy and you'll always be in our hearts.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 7:45:09 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Guy was a truly good human being. He will be sorely missed...

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 7:47:20 AM PST
Finger says:
Thanks for touching all of our lives, Ghost. Rest peacefully, and know that you and your family are in our hearts and thoughts.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 7:48:39 AM PST
Not cool. He was a good contributor

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 7:49:45 AM PST
C.W. says:
= ( That is terrible news. I was wondering where he'd been lately. I think he'd want us to share the good times because he was an easygoing, fun guy. My favorite thing about Ghost was his sense of humor. He always knew how to make a thread (even a contentious thread) laugh with a humorous comment. I don't have Facebook or I'd leave my condolences with his friends/family. Rest in Peace [G.H.O.S.T]™. Your VGF name will forever be trademarked and we will always remember you.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 7:56:21 AM PST
G.H.O.S.T., you are a good spirit. This bud's for you :
Cypress Hill - Hits from the Bong
http://youtu.be/atfXQIVuywc

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 7:58:12 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
So sad, may his family find the strength they need and find comfort in keeping the blessed memories they shared alive. RIP G.H.O.S.T., you will be missed.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:10:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 10, 2013 8:10:43 AM PST
[G.H.O.S.T]™ was a rare breed on the VGF. Admittedly, I haven't been on here as long as most, but long enough to know whose posts to read and whose to just pass over. I always read what [G.H.O.S.T]™ had to say, and as C.W. said, he had a memorable sense of humor.

It's strange having never met someone, then to learn of their passing, how one can truly regret never having met them. It's a shame, really. The precious little I knew about [G.H.O.S.T]™ was more than enough to tell me he was man of the highest order.

I'll be thinking about you, buddy. May there be something better on the other side, if only so you can enjoy it.

"To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die."
-Thomas Campbell

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2013 8:14:25 AM PST
MJM says:
That is horrible news...he was an incredible person, a great friend and a true fighter...you will be greatly missed my friend. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. R.I.P. Ghost...and much love.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:23:09 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
RIP.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:23:36 AM PST
Prankster says:
He was an awesome guy and I will always remember him for his funny posts here. That sense of humour of his was what kept him strong even during these days of suffering which he never let anyone on to. He was a unique person and I will always remain a big fan of his. Team GhosT forever and as he would say - ROLL TIDE ROLL !

RIP, my friend. The world just become a little less special.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:26:41 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
What......this is terrible. RIP dood :/

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:27:26 AM PST
G.H.O.S.T. was one of the most thoughtful and one of the funniest members of the VGF. Our entire community is surely diminished without him. Best wishes to his loved ones as they have lost someone truly special.

And yet, sad as I am to see this news I also smile a litle. If there is an afterlife I know he is already making fun of it and offering satirical advice to make it run better.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:30:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 10, 2013 8:30:12 AM PST
Such a sad :'(

RIP Ghost, you will be missed.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:33:40 AM PST
user22 says:
Rest in peace, fellow VGF member and gamer.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:37:24 AM PST
waxc3 says:
I remember him as well. Good guy to the end. Long live the ghost.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:53:16 AM PST
mega Tron says:
This is such sad news. He seemed like real good people, and I always enjoyed his contributions to our little community. Rest in Peace, G.H.O.S.T.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:54:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 10, 2013 8:55:05 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Very sad, he always a really nice guy and never argued with anyone. RIP.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:56:56 AM PST
KrisCo says:
Wow I had no clue, RIP man.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2013 8:57:58 AM PST
Peter says:
I'm sorry to hear that. He seemed like a nice guy and had a great sense of humor. Rest in peace.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2013 8:58:59 AM PST
Wow, I had no idea. He'll be sorely missed. =(

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:59:52 AM PST
T-Hype says:
<3

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 9:04:46 AM PST
Very sad news. Rest in peace, dear Ghost.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 9:12:32 AM PST
Meter says:
I'm a very frequent lurker here, but I don't often post much. In fact this is really the only forum that I go to. Anyway, I always come here, especially during the work day because I enjoy the forum and G.H.O.S.T was a part of that. I enjoyed his posts and I'm very sorry to hear that cancer has claimed yet another great life. RIP buddy and thanks for helping to make my work days tolerable at my boring insurance job. My sincere condolences to G.H.O.S.T's family and friends. Keep on gaming where ever you are G.H.O.S.T.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  115
Total posts:  313
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 6, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions