Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The best worst game you've enjoyed in the last 5 years?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2012 10:57:40 AM PST
Horowitz says:
Too Human had tons of problems, yet I still squeezed some enjoyment out of it. Unbalanced difficulty that lead to pure frustration once you hit the second level almost soiled the entire experience for me, but I found some enjoyment from grinding enemies and collecting loot. It's a shame that there was so much wrong with this game, as it could've been a great game.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:58:17 AM PST
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:00:14 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Splatterhouse. Don't care how the reviewers ripped it to pieces, its brilliant. It's sick, twisted, bloody as hell and despite its hiccups (slow loads and occasional freezes) its a fun game with a decent combat engine. Plus it came with the first 3 Splatterhouse games.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:00:31 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
A few "bad" games that I've enjoyed:

Too Human(defender)
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Game of Thrones: The Game
Two Worlds 2
The Last Remnant

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:01:26 AM PST
DVvM says:
Deadly Premonition might be the best worst game of all time.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:04:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 11:05:23 AM PST
Horowitz says:
Big Rigs? Nothing good going on there. :P

I also found Splatterhouse fun. Very humorous, solid soundtrack, and some good brawling gameplay.

Majin was really good, though it had many bad aspects, I do agree. The animation work and overall gameplay felt very dated, the voice acting for the animals was hilariously bad, etc.

I really enjoyed Two Worlds 2, but I'll accept that many people won't. I also enjoyed Game of Thrones, because I liked the strategic gameplay and storyline, but it was rough.

@DVvM

You could be right there. It's amazing. :P

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:16:49 AM PST
Technosapien says:
Dark Void
Two Worlds 2
Last Rebellion
Jurassic: The Hunted
Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:22:20 AM PST
Mrs. User says:
Two Worlds 2
Game of Thrones...I liked it but the game was oddly difficult in some places. I still have a couple chapters to go.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:28:44 AM PST
Meatwad says:
I really enjoyed both Kane and Lynch games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:34:23 AM PST
"Deadly Premonition might be the best worst game of all time."

I'm psyched to see if the Director's cut fixes the controls. If it does it will go from the best worse game to just a damned fine one. I'm also crossing my finger that they make the map a little better (even though I've practically memorized the layout of the town, lol).

I don't think Two Worlds 2 is a bad game. It's not the best game ever made or anything, but it's mechanically sound (unlike the first one). The spellcard system is interesting and fun amd the environments are fun to explore.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:37:16 AM PST
Socom 4. I don't think it's a bad game at all, but hardcore Socom fans hated it. I really enjoyed the campaign.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:39:31 AM PST
Mrs. User says:
I'm a little surprised at the love (or cordial reception?) of TW2...I played it on a whim and ended up really liking it. It's gorgeous, at times, and not a terrible knockoff of TES style gameplay.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:43:36 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
It's a great game, the first 2 chapters(after the first 2 or so hours) were incredible, the last two unfortunately weren't as open or interesting, but the story was still pretty good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 12:05:48 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
I agree.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 12:29:54 PM PST
The DLC to Two Worlds 2 is a blast as well. As usual I'd like to take this opportunity to plug Divinity II which is also a lot of fun and very similar to TW2.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 12:32:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 12:33:00 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
I haven't gotten to the DLC, but I have it. I got the Velvet Edition a few months back when it was super on sale on PSN.

I will check Divinity out, if it's anything like TW2.

edit: bleh. I need an Xbox already.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 12:35:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 12:35:59 PM PST
Horowitz says:
I think Dragon Knight Saga is a really good game, even better than TW2. I'd also recommend the pirate DLC for TW2, which is a lot of fun and has a lot of character.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 12:37:01 PM PST
new Tron says:
Did you play Flames of Vengeance as well as Ego Draconis?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:03:36 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I didn't name Divinity 2 becuase it's too good =p

But yeah Divinity 2 is probably my favorite WRPG from this generation, well after Dragon Age I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:04:45 PM PST
I only played them combined as The Dragon Knight Saga. I hear the first cut wasn't as good. I do wish they'd kept the harder flying castle siege levels, though, the remix levels are super easy (as in you don't need to be as strategic in your approach as a dragon).

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:12:55 PM PST
raul says:
I really enjoy wet and dark void.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 4:05:57 PM PST
Voice of god says:
Perv.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 5:18:59 PM PST
I've been playing Infernal: Hell's Vengeance lately. It's by almost any measure an absolutely terrible game. Bad controls, poor engine, it has frozen when I tried to save multiple times and it has an incredibly lame story. I've been really enjoying it though. I don't know why either.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 5:36:00 PM PST
Horowitz says:
Wet and Dark Void were pretty decent games. I got stuck in the ceiling a few times during the hangar section in Dark Void. :P

I got stuck during a part in Infernal years ago on PC and gave up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 5:39:11 PM PST
I'm gonna guess you got stuck on the floating chair scientist boss? I actually broke down and looked up how to do that part. Gotta teleport behind him and shot the stuff on his back. The only time in the entire game where you do don't have to teleport to a specific object.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions