Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Finally beat The Witcher - **Major plot spoilers ahead!**

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2013 10:17:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 10:24:34 AM PST
The Witcher 1 was finally put to rest last night and it was awesome!

The choices you make along the way were superb and I was a huge fan of the ending. The huntsman's speech about how destruction follows Geralt made me look at it from both sides.

The addition of people whom you affected along the way joining you in the end-game was an awesome touch. I really liked that.

The whole time-traveling Alvin thing really blew my mind. I was a little confused until Nate mentioned something to me on Steam right after I finished it. It was one of those 'HOLY CARP!' moments.

I just started on The Witcher 2 last night, but I'm already kind of.... "Ehhh, maybe I should restart. Some of the choices I made were kind of like... *Facepalm* what the heck did I just get myself into..." Also, DRAGONS ON BRIDGES. I *hate* fire-breathing dragons on bridges. Thank you Souls games.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 10:22:54 AM PST
I didn't enjoy it very much but I had never played the original.

Due to internal hatred of elves I chose to double cross the long-eared turd in chapter one and traveled with... Roche? Was that his name?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 10:23:48 AM PST
Haven't played the second one, I'm talking about the first. :)

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 10:26:06 AM PST
Did you notice that what you discussed with Alvin came up during the ending? That's my favorite part.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 10:27:46 AM PST
That was really an awesome touch. The ending to that game was so well made. The entire epilogue was a rush.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 10:35:45 AM PST
I think you'll really enjoy part 2, Cap. The combat is still the weakest part of the series, but the atmosphere and characters are great as usual.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 10:37:48 AM PST
I'm still getting used to the combat in 2. It's much quicker and more active, yet the blocking mechanic.... What a frustrating mechanic before you unlock 360* parry. I might have to tone my shaders down a bit. I feel like there's a slight amount of input lag sometimes and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 10:53:17 AM PST
new Tron says:
Congrats Cap! Yeah, that Epilogue of The Witcher is pretty amazing stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 1:46:42 PM PST
Thank you!

So far I've already finished 3 games this year and it's only 2 weeks into January. I should be able to slowly chip away at my backlog at this rate.

A question though... Anyone else think the undead bride was the creepiest character model in the game? I just felt extremely creeped out by it for some reason. The blood all over the crotch area probably added to that. That was definitely one of my favorite quest lines from the game though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 1:49:00 PM PST
new Tron says:
Oh yeah, that was REALLY creepy.

There was actually quite a few things in that chapter (chapter 4 was it?) that creeped me out. I think it was because it kind of clashed with this peaceful, rolling fields of wildflowers setting that initially made you feel at ease, and then all of a sudden you have these crazy specters coming out of nowhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:26:39 PM PST
I didn't notice that part in particular, but when you loot his body and see the amulet he's wearing, and remember that Alvin could be anywhere or anyWHEN, it's such a huge revelation.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:26:47 PM PST
I never blocked.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:28:58 PM PST
Chapter 4 is just fantastic, and has some of the most gorgeous areas.

And yeah, they pull no punches with how dark this world is. It makes Ferelden look like the Hundred Acre Wood.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 4:44:59 AM PST
Can you not romance people in TW2 except Triss? With the exception of the very first sex scene, it's pretty much gone. I haven't seen anything else in the past five hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:48:34 AM PST
I think Triss is your romance no matter who your chose in the first game.

Yeah, this game is not nearly as overtly sexual as TW.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:49:42 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Gawd. Another game in my backlog that needs to be played. I'm queueing this one up for after I finish Skyrim and FC3 (to be played alongside Demons/Dark Souls).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:53:03 AM PST
Ah ok. I ran straight to the brothel as soon as I entered a city. Couldn't talk to anyone. Disappoint.

And I chose Triss in the first game anyhow, but I figured Shani wouldn't have fit into the intro very well.

I'm not sure what to think about the crafting system yet. So far I crafted a few things only to find they were much worse than what I already had equipped, not to mention they cost a boatload of money to make.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:05:07 AM PST
Nicos says:
You are better off just finding the rare items anyway. They outperform anything you can make.

I definitely recommend playing with the Polish VA for a little bit. I prefer it to the English VA. Geralt (and everyone else) sounds so much better IMHO.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:12:32 AM PST
Does it still give you English subtitles? I wasn't aware I had the option of changing that.

I usually have my sound kind of low anyway and I can barely hear dialogue, so I always turn on subtitles.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:23:56 AM PST
Same. I'm not sure if they address the Shani thing if you chose her.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:28:04 AM PST
Apparently it's in a book you receive if you did that talks about their falling out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:23:08 AM PST
new Tron says:
You can romance someone else. I'm not going to spoil it, but you can figure it out by looking at the achievements list if you want.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:24:02 AM PST
Do you lose the romanceability of Triss?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:27:51 AM PST
new Tron says:
No, you have the option to cheat on her.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:33:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 10:33:42 AM PST
Oh, well forget that, lol.

I'll have to do it for the cheevo then reload the save, hehe.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions