Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Randy Pitchford refuses to answer for Aliens: Colonial Marines

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 152 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 11:19:31 AM PDT
Anthony says:
$12.50.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 10:59:17 AM PDT
Well, wasn't Aliens:CM like $2 recently during the Steam sale?

Maybe a bunch of people have had an opportunity to play it now and want to weigh in.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 10:51:16 AM PDT
To start the same old arguments all over again because the trolls are running out of new material.

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 10:30:04 AM PDT
Why did we necro a 5 month old topic? To say the same things again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 10:21:25 AM PDT
bfore13 says:
"You mean the thing that states it's a demo and does not represent the final finished product?"

Because most devs improve on the demo with the final product which wasn't the case with A:CM. Notice I left out the word finished ... that's because most are of the opinion that A:CM wasn't a finished product.

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 10:18:16 AM PDT
Willburforce says:
Guys. This is good. This hatred is perfect! Now just move it over a little bit and fry Curt Schilling with it! BURN EVERY DOLLAR HE STOLE FROM THOSE EMPLOYEES! MOLTREFY HIS SOUL INTO OBLIVION!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 9:36:00 AM PDT
Can I add a please, with sugar on top?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 8:31:04 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 17, 2013 1:14:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 7:59:42 AM PDT
C'mon, man. That disclaimer isn't generally there to fool people into thinking that the finished product is something like it is, it's there as a way to let people know that glitches and such will likely be resolved in the final product. I get that your arguing just to argue but you gotta do better than that. Also,

****CHANGE YOUR DAMN NAME****

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 7:31:24 AM PDT
Kruger says:
"Ummm, wasn't that the purpose of the demo?"

You mean the thing that states it's a demo and does not represent the final finished product?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 7:18:29 AM PDT
"Anyway, it is very simple; do NOT buy anything, until you get enough information to make a decision. It's not that hard."

While this is advice that is valid, it really damages the devs as nobody is going to trust them any longer.

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 7:14:29 AM PDT
Willburforce says:
First things first. Lets nail Bobby Kotick and Curt Schilling then worry about the the little guys.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 7:02:03 AM PDT
C. Zajic says:
"Anyway, it is very simple; do NOT buy anything, until you get enough information to make a decision. "

Ummm, wasn't that the purpose of the demo?

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 6:19:42 AM PDT
Kruger says:
"Do you work for Gearbox?"

I stopped right there.

It's BS like this that sickens me. The consumer plays the victim time after time. As if everything is out of their control and they are at the mercy of corporations. And Gearbox is out to manipulate every facet of the industry,.. except make a good game - oh, wait, they already made a few of those.

Anyway, it is very simple; do NOT buy anything, until you get enough information to make a decision. It's not that hard.

Also, stop setting up yourselves for disappointment at the very least. That goal alone will help avoid things like Aliens: Colonial Marine from happening agian.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 6:13:14 AM PDT
bfore13 says:
"refused to do your research and due dilegence as an informed and educated consumer/customer. So,.. eat it."

Do you work for Gearbox? You tried this argument before and it still doesn't hold water. The actual game was different from the demo they released and there was a review embargo. People did as much research as they could. Pitchford uttered plenty of words hyping it up on twitter. So now it's the consumers' fault for pre-ordering / buying on release date? Please let us know which other upcoming games we shouldn't purchase on release!

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 5:12:11 AM PDT
Saw this game on sale for 75% off ($12) on Steam.

Nope.

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 4:11:30 AM PDT
Kruger says:
How about we throw this one (and the general pre-order BS) back on the gaming public??

Yes, the hype and previews showed a 'great' game. But, we have all been bit by this in the past. So, it would be ideal to have just waited for a release.

Frankly, Randy doesn't have to utter a word. A game was created and a game was released - he did his job. There were PLENTY of options to wait for a review and impression of the game. Instead, the idiot gamers blind rushed into a buy and are now complaining that they were sold a terrible product. Well,.. you bought a terrible product. You refused to do your research and due dilegence as an informed and educated consumer/customer. So,.. eat it.

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 1:29:57 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:55:07 PM PST
Nothing else to say but...

Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:23:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 5:23:35 PM PST
It definitely didn't deliver the sort of experience that Dragon Age: Origins did, and if you were expecting more of the same you had a legitimate reason to be disappointed. But "different" is not necessarily the same as "worse" (or "better") and sometimes two very different things can both be good, but you can like one more than the other.

So I totally understand why people were disappointed by DA2, but psychological research has demonstrated that while people are really good at making snap decisions about what they like or don't like, they are also terrible at explaining the actual reasons that they like/dislike something. So a lot of people, with fair reason, were disappointed by DA2 but they mistook "I am disappointed with this game because it wasn't what I was expecting" for "everything about this game is terrible."

If you can divorce DA2 from hype and expectation, and forgive it's technical shortcomings, it's honestly really good.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:16:20 PM PST
I continue to state that, if they hadn't put the words Dragon Age anywhere in the title, it would have done much better with Bioware fans. Not as high as a 90 something percent, but I could easily say mid eighties because of the story that they composed. It was because it was such a massive departure from the gameplay of the first that left many with a sour taste in their mouth. I think that, for many, them reusing environments was a good excuse to slam the game just because it wasn't like the first. Just my 2 cents.

Of course, I might be wrong because of the hate that Bioware got over the final part of ME3. Maybe it was going to get lambasted regardless.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:11:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 5:11:43 PM PST
I think you've more or less convinced me it wasn't that bad...I think it was mostly coming down from the high that was DA:O.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:06:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 5:06:50 PM PST
I liked DNF so I hope I'll like Aliens: CM. DNF was outdated, unpolished, stupid, etc., yet I didn't dislike it.

I also rate games on fun factor, personal enjoyment, etc. I will point out any issues I come across, but if they're ultimately not game-breaking and I enjoy what I play, I'm not going to trash something. For example, I've been playing Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time a ton, which got good reviews, but I think it's even better. I just love that game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:03:48 PM PST
I understand. I was just being contrary.

There's a lot of things to take issue with in DA2, but that which it does well it does extremely well. I'm sad that a lot of people didn't/couldn't realize this.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:02:01 PM PST
I know you probably don't concern yourself with the reviews in PC Gamer, but that was absolutely not the issue people had. They thought that EA had bought off PCG.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  152
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions