Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

How do you kill sharks on Far Cry 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 110 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2013 6:59:01 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Do I just run it over with a jet ski or something?

I haven't actually seen one yet, and have mostly avoided areas with water (the things I've been hunting aren't near water).

I need to kill a couple to upgrade something, but I forget what.

Also, when you die, do you go back to the nearest fast travel location? Do you lose anything? I don't quite understand how the whole saving thing works yet.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 7:00:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 7:02:18 AM PST
They are pretty easy to kill. Run them over with a boat or jetski or shoot it 3-4 times with a SMG. They die pretty fast.

As stride said, some are close to the shore sometimes. Go on the map, find a shark symbol that's close to the shore and travel there. There is usually 2-3 of them when you see just 1.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 7:01:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 7:01:29 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
You can find some close to the shore to kill with regular guns, otherwise you can find some boats that you can actually stand in and fire from, or ones with a mounted gun you can use.

The Tough part is skinning them, since there are usually others and they sink pretty fast.

edit: As for when you die, you end up at the closest radio tower, and there is no penalty.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 7:02:15 AM PST
Run over them with the jet ski.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:03:45 AM PST
Ice King says:
You can run them over with a jetski but I found it more fun to go out in a boat you can stand in and shoot them with a sniper rifle.
Just make sure you get them all before diving in for their skins.
And it would help to have a few Deep Dive syringes or at least get the skill to hold your breath longer.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 7:04:29 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
All I've done is just stand on the beach and shoot them. They come close to shore at the northern part of the first area you "unlock" on the map.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:04:55 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Thanks guys, I was just curious. There's so much to do, I've hardly worked on the actual missions.

Absolutely no penalty? Does that change depending on what difficulty you're on?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:05:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 7:10:36 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I don't know, I played on easy mode, I doubt it.

I mean, how many current gen games actually penalize you for dying anymore?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:12:04 AM PST
There is no penalty. You return to your last safe house or checkpoint. However, you do lose the XP and loot you got while alive.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:13:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 7:13:31 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
From what point do I lose those things though? That's what I was trying to figure out. The frst time, I lost about 5 minutes worth of progress, and the next time was more like 20 minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:13:48 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Found that out the hard way. I had upgraded 3 pieces of equipment then went to a radio tower and fell to my death. Come to find out that I had to go kill those animals again and recraft my gear. That was frustrating.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:15:04 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
I did that once. I was climbing to the top and I had to jump across a gap, but I jumped too far because I was sprinting before I jumped.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:15:10 AM PST
If you're in the open world, you'll lose all your stuff since the last time you clicked on Save.

If you're in a dungeon, you'll lose all your stuff since your last checkpoint, which autosaves your game.

So if you're spending a lot of time in the open world and are hunting/collecting skins or herbs, be sure to hit Save once you get what you are looking for. That way, if you are killed, you'll restart at the last save house, but you'll have all your loot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:16:01 AM PST
Jetski, shotgun, arrows, sniper rifle, I bet you could probably cook the grenades and kill them with those, I haven't tried C4 but I don't see why not, boat gun turrent, and I even managed to kill one with a jeep but that's gonna be more luck than anything you can plan.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:18:57 AM PST
I think you'll be fine if you just save manually, I do that if I hunted/crafted a bunch of stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:19:22 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Awesome, thanks a ton!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:19:58 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
I did find out the that vehicles can drive off the bridges very easily. If only there were sharks near waterfalls...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:21:10 AM PST
Perhaps you killed a croc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:22:40 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Are there any in the game? The only thing I saw that looked like them were Komodo dragons, and I had like 5 chasing me at once.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:24:08 AM PST
I suggest swimming in the river a lot, the murkier the better.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:24:20 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Yes, though I've never seen one out of the water. You just seem to get attacked by them randomly when you're swimming.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 7:24:36 AM PST
Soulshine says:
This game sounds pretty effing awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:25:49 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
I don't think I've come across any areas like that yet, at least not that I can remember.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:26:21 AM PST
They can even get you/other animals/enemies just by being right next to the water.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:26:35 AM PST
No problem!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  110
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions