Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Are There Any War MMOs?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2012 6:10:00 AM PST
SMH says:
I'm looking for a game that is a massive war game that takes place over huge landscapes, the continent of Europe for instance, and involves everything from foot soldiers to tanks to submarines to aircraft carriers. Does such a game exist? I thought I had come across some type of World War 2 game before but can't remember.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:13:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 6:13:46 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I think that Battlefield 3 is as close as you're going to get. Or Battlefield 1942 if you like the WW2 setting.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:18:15 AM PST
Planetside 2, but it's futuristic.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:18:25 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
WW2 On-Line used to exist - not sure if it's still around or not.

It was actually my first MMO experience - and it had a terrible launch. People now consider an MMO launch a failure if they have to wait for more than 30 minutes to login at midnight on launch day - WW2 On-line was down for days, and even after the login servers came back up, it was at least a week or two before it was actually playable. Even then, it was a mess. I think they revamped it a few times over the first year, and from what I heard it was a pretty good game about 1.5 years in - but by then, I was on to other things.

It was advertised to have planes w/ aerial combat, infantry, ship combat, etc - with a large war-room map that gave you an overview of the whole thing. Real-time monitoring of which side was winning any given zone, etc. I think they eventually got all that in, but not sure if it survived after that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:19:12 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
Yeah - from what I've seen of Planetside 2, it looks to be a futuristic version of what WW2 On-Line was trying to be.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:22:40 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
There's not much for war MMO's. I wouldn't consider BF3 an MMO lol.

Planetside 2 is pretty much your only option.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:23:17 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
World of WARcraft. Gah.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:26:15 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
Looks like it's still around:

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/

Since it's free-to-play now, I might check it out again. Surely after 10+ years, they've ironed out the bugs. :)

I wonder if my PFC is still laying in the swamp I left him in after a tank rolled over him??

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:27:05 AM PST
SMH says:
THIS was the game I was thinking about. I figured it was old and out of date but I hoped maybe something more recent was around.

I saw Planetside 2 on Steam (free to play right?)...I haven't downloaded it yet, but I will give it a shot. Futuristic isn't necessarily my cup of tea, but it's worth a look at least.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:45:54 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
I'm glad you brought this up - gave me a reason to check to see if it's still around. I'll probably check both of them out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:01:23 AM PST
SMH says:
I aim to please. I just got Guild Wars 2 so I will probably spend a few days playing that but since I'm off of work from Saturday until Jan 2nd I should have plenty of time to play various games.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:11:25 AM PST
World of Tanks?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:23:53 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I was just coming here to suggest that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What the crap is a remaster? 5 2 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3639 3 minutes ago
Twitch Launches New "Social Eating" Category, Someone Promptly Eats Cat Vomit 15 20 minutes ago
What are you looking forward to in the next 10 months? 25 26 minutes ago
Long weekend gaming 07/01 - 07/04: Obama threatens UK after British Amazon VGF voices intent to "Brexit" host site in preparation for annual U.S. Amazon VGF July 4th invasion. Phil Spencer and Shuhei Toshiba sent to moderate negotiations. 92 30 minutes ago
Street Fighter V - A Shadow Falls Story Trailer 64 31 minutes ago
What is wrong with some of these gamers who use twitch to stream? 12 46 minutes ago
Fallout 4 PS4 Mods Delayed After Serious Issues Reported 25 55 minutes ago
Xbox One S Is Not 40% Smaller. Microsoft Caught In A Lie And More False Advertising. 49 1 hour ago
Would you buy a used car from Hillary Clinton? 54 1 hour ago
God of War 4 is going to be mediocre 11 1 hour ago
OT: Favorite War Movies? 74 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions