Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Patch 1.03 for PS3 Black Ops II Now Available

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2012 12:58:06 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Update version 1.03 is now available for CoD Black Ops II on the PS3. Hopefully this will fix at least some of the problems we have been experiencing (system freezes, "waiting for more players" errors, etc.).

I just downloaded it, so we'll see how it goes.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:07:48 PM PST
vishock says:
thank you lawd, i thought it was going to take them a month. plz leave updates!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 2:44:14 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Seems to have fixed all of the problems.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 2:52:35 PM PST
Does it make the game actually good?

I kid, I kid.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 2:55:18 PM PST
FOGE says:
That's pretty quick as far as updates go. ACIII just got there's and that game has been out for a while. And this really is a great game. I love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 3:01:40 PM PST
vishock says:
awesome! now i can actually get some games in on double xp weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 3:02:25 PM PST
Harmicky says:
It doesn't make, uh, you good!

Dammit I'm bad at comebacks.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 3:11:22 PM PST
WizardPlus says:
Thank you for the post !!!!!

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 4:03:07 PM PST
Didn't have a single freeze in a few hours after patching. Runs great.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:02:02 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
That's great to hear. I was getting one freeze an hour.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:09:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 9:10:40 PM PST
WizardPlus says:
After being extremely upset Tuesday, since the game was literally unplayable for me... It now works amazingly. No freezing/system lock ups, matches are quick and I am having fun!

Thank You for fixing the game and expediting the patch!!!

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:54:11 PM PST
The patch did nothing for quite a few of people, me included. Thursday night I decided to delete 1.02 which removes the Nuketown pack. I launch the game and reinstalled 1.02 and played for about 4-5 hours without a single hiccup. So I thought that maybe the issues were related to the Nuketown content pack. Last night I try to play just as I did the night before and I didn't make it 1 match before my PS3 Fat shut down. Thursday night was probably 95% TDM and 5% Gun Game. Last night's 3/4 of a match was TDM.

I wake up to see that 1.03 has been released, so I try it out. I complete one round and think there's hope. Two rounds completed successfully, so perhaps it's finally playable! Though I was still experiencing the "waiting for more players to balance teams" message when the lobby was full, but I'll gladly take a few extra minutes to customize my class or playercard over a sudden system shut down. I go and play a league game and it works great, considering I had 2 matches left to rank yet I hadn't completed a single match prior to that. In the lobby waiting for my second league game to load up and all of a sudden my screen goes black and my PS3 once again shut itself off.

It's made 0 difference for me. So, once again, it'll sit in the case until a patch comes out that's actually worth a damn.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 4:14:06 AM PST
Harmicky says:
Sorry it hasn't helped you nork. Although the "waiting to balance teams" probably has nothing to do with it, the frequent system crashes might have something to do with you running an OG PS3.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 4:33:23 AM PST
FOGE says:
But even before the patch, the SP worked right? I would think most people would play the campaign the first couple days?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 4:34:16 AM PST
Harmicky says:
I'd guess the majority of people are buying the game for the multiplayer (myself included).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 4:39:37 AM PST
FOGE says:
True, and that's why I bought it. Though I always play SP first when I game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 4:55:10 AM PST
Harmicky says:
I usually do also. This was the first one that I was all "meh" about the SP and went straight to the MP.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 4:59:14 AM PST
Some people had SP/campaign issues, but I'm not sure what the common denominator was. To avoid issues, people have been signing out of PSN before playing campaign. I've run into a slight bug already in the second (I think) level.

**potential spoiler**

I can't get past the point where we're supposed to get Woods to the river. Whatever his name is that's carrying Woods throughout the level keeps yelling at me to follow him to the river. Well, I do. I'm standing next to him, I stand by the boat, I stand by the river, I stand in the river, yet he keeps yelling at me to "GET TO THE RIVER!" All while being bombarded by an endless wave of enemies. There's so many enemies that I end up running out of ammo. Since I play on Veteran, I can't really pick up too many weapons from fallen enemies without dying, just because there's so many of them.

I've tried starting from the beginning of the level and get stuck at the same point. I'm reminded of that level on Black Ops 1 where you're supposed to roll the barrels down the hill, but there wasn't really much that told you to do so, so many people, myself included, just kept trying to kill enemies, but the waves never stopped. Frustrating at the time, but funny now. I'm almost wondering if there's something I'm not doing right, but I can't find anything on the shore or on the boat to be doing, so who knows.

**spoiler**

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 6:11:56 AM PST
vishock says:
haha thats not a bug....

*** spoiler i suppose ***

you're suppose to go up next to him and help carry him off...

*** end spoiler ***

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 6:33:54 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
did anyone finish the campaign yet? the ending was pretty cool (especially after the credits). i think it's the best CoD SP so far

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 2:23:22 PM PST
Waldo says:
Everyone, but Bethesda are pretty good at putting out patches fairly quickly after a games launch!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 3:42:17 PM PST
Harmicky says:
That poor little comma seems to be lost without a proper home. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 4:03:17 PM PST
Yung says:
I finished it a couple days ago. I liked it. I want to replay the campaign after this Double XP weekend ends. Does anyone know where to re-start in order to change the ending? Probably at the beginning but idk

Multiplayer related, does anyone else's ps3 still freeze to the point where you have to manually restart?
My ps3 just froze again & when I restart it checks to make sure the data is not corrupted :/

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 4:09:42 PM PST
Waldo says:
@ Yung, also make sure you have the latest PS3 software update & your date/time is correct where you live(since mine wasn't after DST, lil things like that make a difference), but No in answer to your question!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 4:29:39 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Do you have a fat PS3?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions