Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

No plans for single-player Tomb Raider DLC.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 20, 2013 6:11:56 AM PDT
http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/20/tomb-raider-no-plans-for-single-player-dlc-says-dev/

Tomb Raider: no plans for single-player DLC, says dev
Tomb Raider's DLC slate will focus entirely on multiplayer, Crystal Dynamics global brand manager Karl Stewart has said.

Speaking as part if of a Reddit `Ask Me Anything', Stewart said, "There are currently no plans in place for any single player expansions. All of our DLC is based around the multiplayer experience for now."

It comes as the first multiplayer DLC `Cliffs and Caves' hits Xbox Live. We've got a full run-down of what to expect from the pack here.

Thanks Eurogamer.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 6:12:29 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Sweet. Now I really won't regret trading that game in.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 6:19:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2013 6:40:58 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
This is probably just a smokescreen, I bet they cut at least 50% of the campaign to be released as DLC later.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 6:22:19 AM PDT
I'd like some sort of Survival coop, i'd prob buy that DLC. The competitive MP isnt terrible but nothing I would buy DLC maps for

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 6:28:37 AM PDT
I played like 1 round this passed weekend I didn't enjoy it. I keep getting killed by the bow from across the map. Ill try it again at one point.
I even bought the silverballers from hitman to use in the multiplayer before I played.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 6:31:01 AM PDT
pokritz says:
disappointing D:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 6:35:45 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
Cool. Then I have no plans of ever purchasing the game to replay it.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 6:36:20 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
Darn! I was really hoping for a few more secret tombs.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 6:43:58 AM PDT
I am disappoint.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 7:24:51 AM PDT
What's the strongest part of the game? Single Player
What's is the DLC for? Multi-player

Result: FAIL

I guess it makes too much sense to use the DLC to set up the next game and build anticipation? Guess this is why I just play the games and don't make them.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 7:28:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2013 7:28:24 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Maybe what we're seeing is a developer who left it all on the table, SP wise, which would be more than just a nice change of pace. I'm not going to chastise them for that. Maybe everything they wanted to tell in this chapter of Lara's story was told through the existing SP.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 7:48:34 AM PDT
I get that, but even they have to realize that the multi-player isn't gonna be huge and that they are releasing DLC that will sell poorly. I don't know how DLC sales are looked at, but I would hate to see poor DLC sales affect the next installment.

I view Tomb Raider more like the Arkham series. They could add some DLC that fits more within the universe.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 7:52:28 AM PDT
That sucks. I was hoping for some more SP DLC.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 7:59:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2013 8:00:51 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
I would love some SP DLC that told us what the Endurance survivors were doing when Lara was off alone doing her thing.

***Spoilers*** We could be that Samoan dude running around in flip flops, Or the Scottish guy in Shantytown, or Roth pwning wolves and sniping those guys on the bridge. We could definitely have a boat turret sequence as they went up the river.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 8:01:11 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
SPOILERS:

Uh... They were trapped waiting to be rescued, then they were fixing the boat and getting in Lara's way.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 8:04:40 AM PDT
Maybe they can save the single player DLC for the sequel.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 8:08:05 AM PDT
Marvelous says:
That's good, there is really not point in having DLC, I thought the ending of Tomb Raider was satisfying. No reason to try and stretch it further, just go back to the studio and get started on the sequel for next gen!

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 8:15:10 AM PDT
Shanghaied says:
This is like a swimsuit model getting Botox injections into her appendix.

On the other hand, it's great that Crystal Dynamics released the full campaign. No reason to buy any DLC now.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 8:16:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2013 8:35:49 AM PDT
Subject7 says:
I was wondering if I was the only one who was happy with this news. I love what I got and don't need anything else. What would they give us anyway, swimsuit skins?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 8:26:52 AM PDT
A lead-in to the next game...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 8:28:56 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
What's the point?

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 9:17:04 AM PDT
Keep it fresh so that we're not worn out by the time the sequel rolls around.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 9:18:37 AM PDT
jtshiel says:
So we wine about DLC and then we wine about not getting DLC?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 9:38:43 AM PDT
Spelled "whine", but otherwise you are absolutely correct!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 9:38:54 AM PDT
Someone asked what the DLC could be, so I gave an example. I don't care either way. It was a great game, solid conclusion. I anxiously await the next one.

My only other point has been that they are making DLC for a part of the game no one is really gonna play for an extended period of time. It would be like CoD releasing single player DLC.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions