Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Demo dated for DmC: Devil May Cry

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 1, 2012 10:39:05 AM PDT
Ryan says:
http://www.zavvi.com/blog/games/demo-dated-for-dmc-devil-may-cry/

Ninja Theory's reboot of Capcom's classic action series, DmC: Devil May Cry is set to arrive at the beginning of next year on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. A playable demo was announced in the middle of last month, and the game's publisher has recently informed us that it's currently scheduled to land on Xbox Live and the Playstation Network on Tuesday 20th/Wednesday 21st of November respectively. There's a very small chance that this date may change... we'll keep you updated.

DmC: Devil May Cry is currently due for release on Tuesday, January 15th 2013.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts: About time. Didn't have much hopes for this game with the previous trailers and gameplay. But now that an actual demo is coming out I'll get my hands on it.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:39:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 10:41:44 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
It bothers me that they don't capitalize the 'M' in the abbreviation more than it probably should.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 10:40:18 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Yeah, thats a dealbreaker. Sorry DAnTE

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 10:41:10 AM PDT
Ice King says:
It bothers me more that it's called DmC: Devil May Cry. Either call it the abbreviated name or the full one, you can't use both dangit!

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:41:33 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
I demo'ed it a PAX. I have to say the combat is fluid and its got a sense of humor akin to Shadows of the Damned. I'm slowly coming around to this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 10:41:47 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Dante doesnt care. Hes EmO now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 10:42:49 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Yay! Really looking forward to trying Ninja Theory's next game.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:43:26 AM PDT
new Tron says:
As long as Ninja Theory doesn't Ninja Theory-i-fy the combat, this game should be pretty great.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 10:46:07 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, that bothers me, too.

@Tron
You may have already read, but Capcom is apparently handling the combat part of it. I was fine with the Enslaved combat, though, so I'm good either way.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:46:36 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Didn't someone say that the combat engine wasn't handled by Ninja Theory? Well, I can say the combat was more smooth than Enslaved but they did change the control scheme and added this new angel/devil mechanic.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:46:43 AM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
I am not enthused. I wasn't a fan of Enslaved's gameplay and Heavenly Sword was just one long button-mashing session.

Plus I haven't even beaten DMC4 yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 10:47:57 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
You can skip DMC4. Besides, even if you were interested in DmC, it's a reboot so you don't have to play the previous games.

Even though everyone should at least play DMC1 and DMC3: Dante's Awakening (best game in the series).

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:48:11 AM PDT
uncledonnie3 says:
Ninja Theory hasn't made a single game that I've enjoyed so I'm kind of worried. Thankfully like others have said Capcom is working on or at the very least providing input on the combat system.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:50:25 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
The last few trailers I have seen for this game look great. Devil May Cry is one of my favorite series, so I sure hope this one is good.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:51:54 AM PDT
Horowitz says:
Cool. Ninja Theory > present day Capcom.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:52:57 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Hope to see Trish in this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 10:55:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 10:55:54 AM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
I have played those. I actually like DMC4, it just got lost in the enormous backlog. I'm probably a bit over halfway through the game once I finally pick it back up. But Ninja Theory making the new one doesn't inspire confidence. So I'll try the demo but I'll likely just skip the reboot.

Edit: And weird, I had to fill out a captcha on another page to post this.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:57:05 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
I'm in the opposite situation from most it seems - Ninja Theory has actually gotten me interested in a Devil May Cry game for once.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 10:57:48 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
If you're half way through DMC4, then you played the entire game already.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 11:02:43 AM PDT
Ryan says:
Pretty much one of the few things I didn't like about the game. Go forward as Nero then go back the way you came as Dante. At least a few new enemies show up along the way for both characters. Otherwise I liked DMC4.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 11:19:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 11:20:06 AM PDT
Horowitz says:
Same. I liked Heavenly Sword and Enslaved more than a lot of recent Capcom releases. Capcom was better in the PS2/Gamecube days.

I was pretty disappointed with DMC4.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 11:26:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 11:28:43 AM PDT
new Tron says:
I don't doubt that Ninja Theory will make DmC a great-looking game with a cool story and characters.

My general fear has had more to do with the inability of Western developers to make that really fast, fluid, responsive, and complex combat that games like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, and Bayonetta all seem to share in common. If these reports about Capcom handling the combat portion of the game are true, then this game could end up being one of the best action titles of 2013. Because based on my experiences playing Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, Ninja Theory hasn't really demonstrated that they can handle that pedigree of combat that Devil May Cry brings to the table.

All in all, I'm slightly cautious, but still extremely optimistic about DmC. I can't wait to play the demo!

EDIT to add that I'm something of a Devil May Cry fanboy. I bought the original game the day it released on PS2, and it remains one of my favorite games of last generation, along with the third game, so my standards for this new reboot are rather high, perhaps more than most!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 11:35:36 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
Me too. I had no real expectations but the few trailers I've seen have me interested.

I only ever played one DMC game on PS2 - I don't remember which one. Maybe it was the second.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:12:31 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
If it was the second, that would probably explain why you don't remember it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:18:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 12:24:56 PM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
Devil May Cry 2 was completely forgettable. Bland environments and basically no story. The only good thing about it was the combat, but the enemies were so boring to look at it wasn't all that much fun.

On the other hand Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 3 are two of the greatest games ever.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions