Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

To keep my Wii U or not keep my Wii U...that is the question.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 216 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:16:57 AM PST
No, I have never bought a Physical item that someone else may have wanted such as a Wii, or a game, or anything to try and sell it higher later. Ever. I buy only the items I want, or my friends may want if I'm buying a gift for them. I think that buying multiple items for the express purpose of charging someone else more just because they will be hard to find is disgusting.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:17:15 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
You may as well keep it. Even if it gets the same third party support as the Wii, the first-party games will be worth it. It will be an investment won't pay off until several years from now, but when it does you'll be really glad you held onto it.

And if it does get good third-party support, then it's just that much more awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:18:41 AM PST
Yes it is my final choice to pay the "500$" However, when everyone buys all of them up (or in this case tried too and failed) If I want that item, i have to pay the extra money. It's the same thing that people did with Gasoline after the hurricane int he NE. They charged upwards of 30$ to people per gallon. people that needed it to run generators or whatever... they just got hit with a storm and these clowns are taking advantage of them because there wasn't another place to get Gasoline at the time.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:20:02 AM PST
I want a Wii U but I'm going to wait until March or so, by then I'd imagine that they'll be fully stocked in any store. This time around, I don't think the "craze" will be as big as it was for the Wii.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:20:40 AM PST
jtshiel says:
You're right. We should be communists. One for all!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:20:44 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
The people who were selling gas to Sandy victims at a marked up rate are disgusting.

Me hoping to sell my Wii U at a higher price than what I paid to help offset the price of second unit is smart. Sorry if you can't tell the difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:21:56 AM PST
You wouldn't have to do so if you had just bought 1, and let someone else have it at normal price instead of having to go through you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:21:59 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
That is abhorrent. Those people are such scum. One day I hope karma bites them hard.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:22:03 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
You should learn the differnce between wants and needs.

People want video games.
They need gas.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:22:14 AM PST
"PacinoBully says:
The people who were selling gas to Sandy victims at a marked up rate are disgusting."

It's effectively the same thing. Do what you want, just don't expect people to like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:22:22 AM PST
You really think that's Communism?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:22:38 AM PST
Ice King says:
Same here. I feel exactly the same about buying things just to resell them.
I bought a Lego Minecraft set a few months ago for $35 that I never opened (the pieces are just too small for someone with fat fingers like me) and now that it's selling for over $100 I still won't be reselling it. I'm probably going to give it to a kid I know for Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:25:19 AM PST
As it stands I do know the difference, hence why I wanted to buy my Wii U Deluxe from the local Gamestop instead of supporting a Scalper.

While I'm not in this situation because... well i don't' really like kids, I do know what some parents go through when their kids REALLY want something, and it's hard to explain to them "Oh we couldn't find one cause other people bought them out and wanted to sell them to us at a higher cost and we just couldn't' afford it... Merry Xmas!"

To a kid, from what I have seen... a Want is A need.

Thankfully... Nintendo was ready this year! Props to Nintendo.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:25:30 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Generally speaking Punk is my favorite poster, but I have to agree with Pacino here. Scalping something people need after a natural diaster isn't the same thing as scalping something people want, IMHO. Sorry Punk, no offense intended. We are still U friends. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:27:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 7:31:09 AM PST
Ice King says:
The people who were selling gas for more are without a doubt huge pieces of garbage, but it's still not exactly right to do what you're doing.
What you tried to do was buy more than you needed knowing that someone else would pay more than they would have if they were able to buy it instead hoping that they would subsidize your purchase.
It's like walking up and down the line asking everyone waiting to chip in and buy you a Wii U.
My days of judging people for this are mostly over (at least here, I like everyone too much to start shit over this), and you're clearly much better than some lowlife selling necessities in a time of crisis, but you can't act like what you're doing isn't wrong. If you don't care that's fine, but just admit it.
There's not wrong with it, it's a moral grey area.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:28:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 7:40:11 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Pacino, are you ready to buy software for it?

Or would that cash be better served to buy these on your existing machines?

Far Cry 3
Tomb Raider
Crysis 3
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Bioshock Infinite
GoW: Ascension
Gears Judgement
The Last of Us
Beyond Two Souls
DMC
Metal Gear Revengeance
Far Cry 3
Dead Space 3
Grand theft Auto 5
Metro Last Light
FUSE
Remember Me
Deadpool
Army of Two The Devil's Cartel
Dead Island Riptide
Fortnite
GRID 2
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Soul Sacrifice
Watch Dogs
Star Wars 1313
Bungie's DESTINY

That plays a large part in why i'm holding off adopting. I don't have the time for a 6th wheel, and most of the games i look forward to in 2013 are not announced for it.

Next Xmas it should have promo's, a solid library and budget titles to make picking one up pretty sweet. That gives it a year for devs to stop putting out inferior ports going into 2014.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:28:55 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:24 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:29:31 AM PST
2 Games I want in 2013 are on Wii U only so I sure as heck got one :3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:29:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 7:32:03 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Ah yes, I call this the Punk cycle, in which you must buy and sell each console at least twice before you realize you wanted it all along and then buy it again, of course you must sell three months later.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:31:42 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:25 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:31:54 AM PST
I.Flores says:
We should make a VGF pool, to see how long it would take for him to get rid of that 360 again, considering the slim pickings the 360 has coming next year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:32:56 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Want...video games, HD TV, ipad, jewelry
Need...clothing, transportation, shelter, food, water

They don't NEED to buy the Wii U off of me. They WANT to. Which is why it sold for a lose. The demand isn't there. Not enough people WANT to buy the Wii U or even know what it is.

When it comes to the gas for Sandy victims. They NEED gas to run their water and electricity in their homes. It was either buy gas or freeze. They NEED it to live and/or get to work.

Get over yourselves. Me scalping a Wii U doesn't put me in a catagory with the gas scalpers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:33:36 AM PST
Hey, if your system has a Monster Hunter game, I'll buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:34:02 AM PST
Thanks! But gas is not a necessity, so I don't see it as a problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:34:24 AM PST
"Get over yourselves. Me scalping a Wii U doesn't put me in a catagory with the gas scalpers. "

Scalping anything puts you in the Category of Scalpers. There are no Tiers!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  216
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions