Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

My PS3 finally broke

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-73 of 73 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:37:39 AM PST
yes. if you pay them [Sony] they will fix it.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:11:23 AM PST
So, I went home. Took out my hard drive and put it back in and how everything works fine. At least for right now. So, i rebacked up all my data on an external. Then when I get more time this weekend Im going to head up to microcenter and just buy another hard drive. I already have a 500gb so I'm just going to upgrade to a 1tb. Then try to do some hard drive fixes on windows and turn it to an external for the wii u. Hopefully, that will last awhile.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:17:57 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I am happy for you.

Let us know what hard drive you end up buying. I need to start looking for a 500GB myself - my PS3 has a 120GB and it isn't enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:38:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 5:39:06 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I just bought a seagate momentus off of here a about a month or two ago in the end i had about 420+GB of space after the breakdown of bytes and all of my saved data i had to move over to the new HDD. So far no issues what so ever still got 290GB after downloading almost every major game i wanted for PS+ finally now that i have space. Was only $56Seagate Momentus 5400 500GB 5400RPM SATA 3Gb/s 8MB Cache 2.5 Inch Internal NB Hard Drive ST9500325AS-Bare Drive

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:44:07 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Thank you! I'll probably buy that one then.

Did you transfer the save files over via an external hard drive or did you just use the cloud saves through plus?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:47:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 5:47:45 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Game saves yes everything else game installs etc i used my 750GB external for a complete back up and then a complete restore it took 2 hours each way to complete that part with about 60GB of stuff .

Did not really feel like downloading all those games again and installing games again by disc

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:00:10 AM PST
I saw this WD Blue 1 TB Mobile Hard Drive: 2.5 Inch, 5400 RPM, SATA II, 8 MB Cache - WD10JPVT and was thinking about doing that. If i buy it today it should get to my house Monday with prime.

Side note I had my 500gig for about 4 years now and I still have 100gigs left and I download stuff off of psn enough. However, I just didnt download that Street Fighter 4. There is no way a fighter should be 18 gigs.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:00:15 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Okay. I don't mind re-installing the disc-based games because I already deleted a bunch of installs to make room. I don't mind re-downloading my Plus games either. It's the downloadable games I've bought that I don't want to deal with - about 30 titles. Might try to use my external to move those over.

Sorry for all the questions - Is there a way to select all game saves and copy them to the cloud? I've never put anything out there. Hopefully it is easier than I'm expecting.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:05:15 AM PST
No, to my knowledge there is no way to select all and copy all. You have to do it one by one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:14:48 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Yah there is away to select them all just look for it its not that hard when you go to copy one it will give the option to copy all or select all and copy etc. I know i have done it before

YEs i agree Thurman 18GB for SF is rediculous i still downloaded it cuz i have space but geez

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:16:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:17:00 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Well, I think I've found my little project to do over christmas break. Step one - buy a hard drive.

EDIT - @ Wescyde - Oh good. Thanks again for the info.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:17:50 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
what kind oof ps3 a phatty of a older slim

Also i dont think it will make it to your house on Christmas eve Thurman

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:19:33 AM PST
Soulshine says:
It is one of the older slims - 120GB. I think it was the bundle that came with the first Uncharted and LBP.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:22:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:23:35 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Yah you will find it much easier to replace the HDD if you ever had to do it on the Phatty i was suprised, I mean it was already easy this was effortless.

The biggest reason i did not get a 1TB was once it would do the breakdown of real bytes it was in the high 800GB range that was just too much to lose and pay double

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:25:08 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I never messed with a Phatty, but I might give my 120GB to my dad for his Phat One. That should work, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:27:26 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
yah it should the only thing that really changes between the phat and slim is the case that holds the HDD but it will still fit

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:33:06 AM PST
Hmm.... If it doesnt, I am going to need to do something before the next batch of sales comes out. I want to buy a couple of games. Too bad I wont be able to get to my ps3 until Friday night or Saturday morning.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:36:48 AM PST
Soulshine says:
It may be possible to complete a purchase transaction on PSN, but pause or cancel the download operation. So you can still get in on the sale and PSN will record the purchase, but you can wait to download/install.

Not 100% sure though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:39:42 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
you can always buy it yes and then start and cancel the DL, once you do that its saved in your items list that you have downloaded.

I am just saying becasue of the holidays i would be suprised if it came christmas eve if prime says it will that day is iffy to me. You could always pay the extra and get it saturday

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:09:46 AM PST
Totido says:
With Prime, it shows if you order today, it will deliver Sat. Fedex I guess.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:19:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:20:06 AM PST
JadedGamer says:
@ OP: I had a similar issue with my 40GB version a few weeks ago. I popped in a new HDD and it works fine. Thank God for PS+ and cloud saves.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:20:40 AM PST
I just ordered. If it is here great. If it is not, I guess I would just be SOL for the first set of sales.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:22:03 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
no you would be good seriously you can buy and just start the DL and stop it and it will be saved in your items of recent downloads and then when the HDD is there and replaced DL them No problem.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions