Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Trailer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-59 of 59 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 23, 2012 1:58:43 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Final Fantasy XIII-3 combat is supposed to be more action based as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 1:59:48 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
"I'm a huge final fantasy fan but I'm not gonna a game that's been thrown together at least not for more than $15."

Hey can you use your time machine to tell me when Tales of Xillia will be released?

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 2:29:05 PM PST
1#Pen Name says:
So no one likes Sazh, Racists.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 2:29:40 PM PST
"Hey can you use your time machine to tell me when Tales of Xillia will be released?"

I don't know how to tell you this Strider, but I used MY time machine to answer your question and it says you will all be the slaves of a hostile alien invader by 2016. The funny thing is his name is The Great Xillia and he has 1000 tails.

So, to answer your question...The Tails of Xillia will be released in 2016. All hail Xillia!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 2:31:29 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Not me, I plan to marathon game myself to death by 2015.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 3:12:20 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
I personally don't think it would be wise to completely shed the menu and ATB battles of older Final Fantasies but more merge them to create something classic but modern at the same time. Quite a few people didn't like the battle system in XIII but I thought it was very well done.

"The stories from the past entries in the Final Fantasy series are not exactly as I would have done, but that's as it should be because I didn't direct them. My only concern in terms of Versus XIII is that FF always talks about human emotion and psychologies in a broad way, and I want to go deeper in terms of offering some crude reality in terms of human emotion or human behaviour. The goal, when a player holds a controller and plays an RPG, is to make them believe in another world - to experience a dream in a fictional world. It will be different in Versus XIII because of the intrusion of the real world, and things that are really happening. There will be less fiction and more reality."

Tetsuya Nomura had that to say regarding the story in Versus XIII. I love the stories told in Final Fantasy games but this new grittier feel that they say they are going for in Versus XIII sounds really interesting to me. The ending of XIII-2 really shocked me but it was amazing for how it was done. It will be interesting to see what they do with a story that gets even grittier than that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 7:38:05 PM PST
No but I can say that I don't plan buying it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 9:06:31 PM PST
J. Arthur says:
@McAwesomeo--FF IX remains one of the most underrated games in the series. Personally, it was one of my favorites. It took the series back to its roots at just the right time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 9:09:44 PM PST
J. Arthur says:
@Keji--Agree with everything that you said about FF IX and Type-0. FF IX brought the series back to its old school roots at just the right time. FF VIII had not gone over particularly well with fans of the series much in the same way that FF XIII (and its unnecessary sequels) has not gone over particularly well with old school fants. I wish that Square would learn from FF IX and take the series back in that direction.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
UH OH! Is Something Strange Brewing At Microsoft? Xbox One Future In Jeopardy? 20 1 minute ago
OT: Her bewbs may not be much to write home about, but she gives one great Amazon Monkeybar 9457 9 minutes ago
Best Buy has B1G1 on first party Nintendo 3DS games next week! 11 36 minutes ago
Microsoft CEO talks about selling off Xbox brand 108 45 minutes ago
Report: PC gaming hardware worth $21.5bn -twice that of console market 5 45 minutes ago
VGF "12 in 12" thread. A dozen games. 12 months. Time to step up. 534 50 minutes ago
Tomonobu Itagaki Feels Gamers will go out and Buy a Wii U for Devil's Third 46 1 hour ago
Grand Strategy fans... 14 1 hour ago
Clueless Gamer: Conan Reviews "Super Smash Bros." 0 1 hour ago
NeoGaf: Once Hyped Games That Are Now Completely Forgotten 104 2 hours ago
PS4 Auto Eject Again 23 2 hours ago
Original Alien case reunite for Alien: Isolation DLC 34 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  59
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions