Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

To The Moon $3.99 on GoG for one day.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 19, 2012 2:10:29 PM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
"If you have not yet played last year's gorgeous indie RPG To the Moon, today is your chance! For one day only, the game is on sale at GOG for only $3.99 (that's six dollars off the original price!).

I don't want to say too much, but To the Moon follows a group of doctors as they help an elderly man fulfill his one lifelong wish. The beautiful, retro-looking RPG has an absolutely wonderful story and is a unique, genuinely moving videogame experience. (Also, the soundtrack is incredible.)

The sale only lasts for one day, so grab the game if you can! You will be so happy you did."

http://www.destructoid.com/beautiful-rpg-to-the-moon-on-sale-today-on-gog-com-235315.phtml

I really wish this was on Mac.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 2:11:24 PM PDT
Is this game worthy?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 2:12:31 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Thanks for the info. I think I'll bite on this - been waiting on it to drop for a while now.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 2:16:34 PM PDT
Well, then. If you've been eyeing it then it must be worthy.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 2:22:41 PM PDT
Paper Tiger says:
This was on my wishlist so I may as well get it now. Thanks Strider!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 2:25:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 2:25:19 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
That's the spirit!

From my understanding, it's more an interactive narrative than a game. It's 16-bit, and in this setting, scientists are able to manipulate the memories of the dying so their greatest wish can be fulfilled, and pass on with no regrets. The elderly man in this story wants to go to the moon, and you play as a scientist going through his memories to make it so. Supposed to deftly deal with some heavy themes.

So if that sounds interesting, go for it. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 2:35:25 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
An article I read compared it to the Scott Pilgrim series, as it similarly tells a very human and emotional story using video game vocabulary. I hope to be able to get around to playing it at some point.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 2:51:41 PM PDT
Uncle Ulty says:
Just like PA's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, going with a retro look that looks a whole lot like FFVI.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 2:54:18 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
You should specify Ep. 3. Ep's 1 & 2 are not retro at all.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 2:58:30 PM PDT
Soulshine says:
But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales and sing our whalin' tune.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 4:24:30 PM PDT
R. says:
It's kind of like a more melancholy version of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind as told through a SNES Square game without RPG elements.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 5:46:02 PM PDT
aidenraine says:
people really shouldn't tout this game as an RPG. it's a story driven adventure game.

that being said, I bought the soundtrack bundle on steam, and I was not let down. it's a very sad, down to earth story with a bittersweet (not the troll) ending that touches on many things often not bothered with in games. not to mention the soundtrack is awesome.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Sep 19, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions