Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Commerials You Hate

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 103 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2013 5:22:07 AM PST
Anyone else hate Geico and wish they'd go out of business? I'm sick and tired of those stupid commercials. The new Pigs Fly one makes me literally want to drive to where ever thats filmed and slap the writers. "I'll believe that when Pigs Fly" says the woman to the Pig on the Plane. OMFG how clever! Its funny because theres a Pig on a plane and planes fly.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 5:22:35 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
All of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:23:18 AM PST
klopas says:
I miss the caveman commercials. These new ones are terrible and annoying.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 5:24:46 AM PST
Stra8 Edge says:
HATE COMMERCIALS! Honestly just get to the point of the product/service/message for christ sake!

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 5:27:00 AM PST
I absolutely LOVED the first two Geico caveman commercials. The one where they're on the set and the caveman audio guy walks off the stage shouting, "Not cool!" and the follow up commercial to that where they're at dinner and one of the cavemen tells the waiter, "I don't have much of an appetite, thank you." while glaring at the offensive guy from the first commercial.

After that, they went downhill and became annoying. Still, none of those are close to being as annoying as the stupid gecko and especially the pig commercials.

I also hate most Taco Bell commercials. Anybody who would sit around at a board meeting saying, "Yes! This is funny! Film it and air it!" needs to be fired. For example, the commercial where a few dudes are sitting around a table in a restaurant and they all order steak except one guy. This guy claims, "I'm not a steak guy any more..." and whips out a Taco Bell bag, "...I'm a triple steak kind of guy." It's so disgustingly unfunny.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:38:34 AM PST
Billzer says:
At least its better than the one where the pig is hanging out the car window saying whhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee over and over.

The iPhone commercial that shows the panorama camera is aweful. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

I thought the commercial with the witch flying around the factory was good. Only for the guy who wants to tell her off and his coworkers response: No you're not.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 5:42:18 AM PST
How about instead I list the commercials I like below:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:50:39 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
They just don't make commercials like they used to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiav10qD4xc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eGWW8KOQio

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:54:28 AM PST
FOGE says:
Hate the caveman with a passion. By far my least favorite commercials.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 5:57:35 AM PST
My favorite ones are the ones I fast forward through when I DVR something.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 5:59:39 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
They're doing a good job if you remember the commercials.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:01:20 AM PST
klopas says:
Why can't they make commercials as poignant as this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=104a-gjD0zU

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:08:22 AM PST
I have literally never once bought something because I saw a commercial. I sometimes forget that a commercials goal is to get me to buy something and not just to annoy the crap out of me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:15:47 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I hated the caveman and pig commercials, but I always chuckle at the "happier than a..." commercials. The witch and the Gallagher ones are excellent.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:20:09 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:35 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:23:28 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I don't know what a commerial is.

But I hate every political commercial in existence.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:28:54 AM PST
There are some ok commercials out there, like the DirecTV ones that warn you about cable and the kid in the Vader outfit that uses the Force to start his dad's car, but most of them don't try to use humor. Many of them have to rely on being so aggravatingly annoying(Head-on; apply directly to the forehead) that they get stuck in your head.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:30:53 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Yes! I couldn't stand the political commercials that were on constantly in my state and was extremely happy to see them gone.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:31:10 AM PST
The only commercials I like are the Mayham commercial for some insurance company....

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:32:32 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
Those Sarah McClaighlan (sure I butchered that spelling) animal commercials aren't bad, they just wreck my day every time I see them.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:32:33 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I always hear this jingle over local news in the morning:

"Midwest Hemorrhoid Treatment Center...
Don't suffer in silence."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:33:26 AM PST
This.

Not only have I never bought something because I saw their commercial, I've flat-out refused to buy products because their commercials annoyed me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:37:57 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Same. The "happier than a..." Geico commercials are actually pretty great.

I don't think I watch enough TV to decide. Um, the 5-Hour Energy commercials suck...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:44:39 AM PST
But without the latest commercial for 5 hour energy, I wouldn't have ever considered running a marathon while knitting a sweater. Of course, shortly after my attempt, I required medical assistance but that's a small price to pay to be epic like the guy in the commercial is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:45:59 AM PST
Benpachi says:
That shouldn't be happening anymore. The FCC finally did something useful and recently made it a rule that commercials have to air at the same average volume as the show they happen during.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  103
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions