Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Vote to the death battle for VGF game of the year

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 11:23:20 AM PDT
Yeah, but whales are all like "We were making sound in the ocean before you humans and your boats showed up! Now we're all dead because we can't adapt! We're too busy wearing our vintage skin to change!"

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 11:20:43 AM PDT
The whale shark was a whale before they were cool... or existed. The ultimate hipsters of the sea.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 11:14:08 AM PDT
I don't think any animal is more smug than whales. The Hipsters of the Sea.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 11:06:04 AM PDT
AndrewA says:
Soooo basically you just hate the full synchs. The game is fully and easily beatable if you ignore the optional objectives.

Posted on May 30, 2013 8:48:26 AM PDT
Tomb Fleader says:
Well right now I'm playing #7 and plan on playing #2 next. #7 is taking quite some time though

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 7:52:22 AM PDT
Because it's all the fun of Navel combat but now you can take your rage out on those smug whales!

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 7:25:07 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Woah, the naval combat was literally the best thing ever.

AC3 ruled, AC4 is going to be even better.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 3:24:34 AM PDT
Well it did better than half the games and it's possible you were the only one to upvote it, that's pretty good all things considered.

Posted on May 30, 2013 2:46:32 AM PDT
Journey is the GOTY of 2012.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 1:31:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2013 5:43:12 PM PDT
Voice of god says:
"None of the technical glitches were game breaking, and the story was incredibly well told."

I came incredibly close to quitting after some pointless difficulty spikes and glitches that were near-universal and should have been caught in play testing. And I shouldn't have to restart a mission because the game farted all over itself. I'm only about 10 missions away from 100%ing it, but I won't for the first time since AC1 because they've made it unfun.

Also, the story was choppy, didn't have any rhyme or reason for its timeline (past or present-day), and isn't well-suited for some of the missions. And Connor is maybe the most boring character I've ever played in a video game.

"There's a reason why assassins creed iv is revolving around the golden age of pirates."

Because they no longer care about making Assassin's Creed games for people that like Assassin's Creed?

Seriously, I hated the naval combat, and it's where ACIII had some of its biggest problems with unnecessarily frustrating objectives and poor design. Because of AC4's new direction, Assassin's Creed has gone from an annual day-one purchase for me to not-even-gonna-rent in just one year. I don't play Assassin's Creed to ride around in a boat and tell other people to do things; I play it to run and climb and stab people.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 8:51:25 PM PDT
AndrewA says:
Brotherhoods story doesn't pick up much until the last three or four sequences. What don't you like about?

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 8:49:16 PM PDT
AndrewA says:
I wouldn't call 15 one that stayed around long.

Frankly I thought it should've been higher. None of the technical glitches were game breaking, and the story was incredibly well told. You'll never find a game that can make better use of the American revolution than aciii did. The naval missions alone were good enough to make the top five of this list. There's a reason why assassins creed iv is revolving around the golden age of pirates.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 2:31:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2013 2:32:31 PM PDT
Voice of god says:
I wouldn't call No. 15 "bounced early."

Frankly I think AC3 should have been lower. There were a lot of things it did well, but there were enough broken, glitchy or just plain unfun parts that it tarnished all the good things it had going for it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 12:34:26 PM PDT
I can't wait to try out AC3. I'm about halfway through AC Bros, but find myself not liking it as much as AC2.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 12:27:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2013 12:27:42 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Having been largely disinterested in and bored by most open-world games, the little bit of Sleeping Dogs I played greatly impressed me. I look forward to it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 12:19:07 PM PDT
I know I want to get to that game eventually but I'm sure by the time I get around to it there will be 3 other AC games out and then I'll decide I want the latest one but that it can wait till the price comes down and I knock out a few other games and the cycle will start again.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 12:12:38 PM PDT
AndrewA says:
I still think assassins creed iii was the best game I played last year and I'm sad it got bounced early.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 12:07:18 PM PDT
I played about 15 hours of Sleeping Dogs and dumped. I think it sucks compared to GTA IV.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 11:43:24 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
"I think part of the problem I have is right from starting I had many accounts of it being the best open world since slice bread."

I'm probably guilty of that, I thought it was amazing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 11:34:39 AM PDT
I'll keep at it. I think part of the problem I have is right from starting I had many accounts of it being the best open world since slice bread.

@Voice
There always needs to be more people playing Frog Fractions. Also I think that Spec Ops being a free PSPlus game gave it a lot of good expose, at least for the VGF crowd. A lot of people realized that it was a great narrative and worth playing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 6:35:10 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Keep with it dude, if you juts got your first gun you're really early into the game, the story gets REALLY good if you like Hong Kong action flicks.

I never had trouble getting into it, but I know Tron was, and he said once he got to the wedding mission he changed his mind, so I'd try to get there, don't think it's SUPER far past where you are.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 6:18:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2013 6:21:14 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
Not enough people had played Frog Fractions at the time of this game list. I personally am guilty of DVing it.

I'd say Spec Ops: The Line should be a bit higher too, now that I've played it. Maybe not top 10, but higher.

Posted on May 29, 2013 5:23:44 AM PDT
Feeling like bumping this thread as I've been playing one of the top 10 games.

Currently making my way through Sleeping Dogs right now. Don't really see anything great about it but perhaps it gets more interesting as it goes on. I've only recently even got a gun so someone else can tell me how far I might actually be in the game. My biggest problem with it is I don't feel it does anything exceptionally. Everything it does do is well done but not so much that I ever think anything I'm doing is awesome. I'll probably keep playing it until The Last of Us comes out.

The other reason I'm bumping is so we can take a look at this list now that we are a bit more removed from 2012. What games did we praise earlier that have dropped in our personal standing and what games did we overlook before that we might love now.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 6:31:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2013 6:31:53 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
i'm sorry but i did not enjoy frog fractions. maybe if i was drunk or high.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 6:15:39 AM PDT
Aww, Amazon doesn't know how to take a joke....
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 181 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  113
Total posts:  4523
Initial post:  Dec 31, 2012
Latest post:  May 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions