Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wii-U Tablet Extender Possible?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 7:32:33 AM PST
Lucanus says:
So I am not impressed with the Tablet's range. I can't even make it out of my theater/game room without losing signal. I love the idea of being able to play games throughout the house. Looking at it like a wifi extender, is it possible for Nintendo and/or a third party to make an extender so we aren't limited by 25 feet? Or would that be too slow for streaming games to the Tablet?

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 8:11:27 AM PST
R. Greer says:
All I know is that I wish I had your game room? I tried it out last night in my bed and it worked but would freeze up every few minutes. I would say the range in my house is about 10-15 feet through 2 walls. I would hope there is some option to extend the range. Whatever it is, I would buy it.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 8:14:08 AM PST
My house is set up such that I would almost have to go outside to get out of the 26 foot range. But mostly I sit in my gaming chair when I'm gaming.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 8:22:20 AM PST
Lucanus says:
The game room is 28 feet long and 15 feet wide. I have my setup on one end. By the time I get out of the room, the signal is gone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 8:31:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 8:33:05 AM PST
I am thinking it would be too slow, if you care at all about synchronization. This would probably be expensive and still introduce several frames worth of lag.

It uses BlueTooth. BlueTooth was never meant to go far.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Favorite War Movies? 63 2 minutes ago
PS VR Preorder Stock Sells Like Hot Cakes, Whole Stock Sell Out In Minutes 10 16 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3612 28 minutes ago
XBox One S: same disappointing gaming performance, but now in a smaller box. Overheating issues? possibly... 66 1 hour ago
Scorpio is 18 months away. Until then, XBox One is still a slow disappointing piece of chit 52 1 hour ago
Microsoft giving away free Xbox One to students buying Surface PCs 18 2 hours ago
GameStop bundling the PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii for $160 1 2 hours ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 4643 2 hours ago
Overwatch discussion thread 1695 2 hours ago
Weekly Gaming and Weekend Review 6/27 - 7/1 149 3 hours ago
Bioshock Collection Incoming 119 3 hours ago
Dad Admits Killing 6-Year-Old Son While Playing Videogames 3 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions