Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

VG Backlog Report: Month to Month

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 351-375 of 709 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:44:35 AM PST
OP says:
I did them; they didn't really stand out to me (that may be because I didn't need to retry them multiple times). Only one of them is a tad tricky with its optional objective, but the rest were fairly straightforward.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:50:27 AM PST
Games purchased last 30 days: 1
1. Assassins Creed 3

Games beaten last 30 days: 2
1. Pokemon FireRed
2. Assassins Creed 3

Currently playing:
1. Pokemon Sapphire
2. Assassins Creed 3
3. Black Ops 2 (Renting)

Backlog: Minus 1
Remaining:
1. Fallout 3 - Doing Missions in Megaton
2. Kingdoms of Amaular - Put 8 hours in when I got it, prolly going to restart
3. Pokemon: Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl and Black
4. PS2 Games

Time to Complete: ?

Renting Games and Assassins Creed 3 slowed my production down.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:53:15 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Ahh, thanks. I don't feel so bad about choosing Xbox anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:56:18 AM PST
Athas says:
why the restart on KoA? Also own the game, some pitfalls to avoid perhaps?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:11:07 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
As tempting as they are, try to avoid abusing the EXP increasing potions and fate-shift kills, it is much too easy to hit the level cap well before you reach the end of the game.

Otherwise, just enjoy, the game rules.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:56:33 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Number of backlogged games: 63
Time To Complete: 88 days, 22 hours

Games beaten in the last month: 2
Dishonored
Assassin's Creed 3

Games purchased within the last month: 1
Assassin's Creed 3

Games I'd previously purchased and forgotten to add: 2
MagnaCarta 2
Tales of Vesperia

Games deleted within the last month: 2
God of War Collection
Prince of Persia Collection

Games marked as complete:
Cursed Crusade - Beat this while co-oping at work during lunch breaks.

Net Change: -2

I picked up MagnaCarta and Tales of Vesperia a while back but forgot to ever add them to the backlog. They were still in the bag and sitting on top of my fridge so I simply forgot about them. I'd beaten all three PoP games and both GoWs in their respective collections on their original consoles. So it feels a little silly to have them in the backlog when they've already technically been beaten. I re-beat Cursed Crusade during my lunch breaks on the break room 360 with a coworker, so I don't think I'll ever play it at home and removed it. I simply won't have the achievements to show for it.

I also purchased MLB: The Show 2011 but I don't add those to the backlog since I don't ever finish them nor do I care if I do. It's to help my baseball addiction until the season starts up again in the spring.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:14:06 PM PST
i just haven't touched in it months and I forget everything I've done, so I figure why not start again

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:58:39 AM PST
Athas says:
Year 1 Month 4 - Twas the week before Mayan's end of the world, so why did I buy so many games...
7) Monster Hunter Tri - $14.75 (B2G1F)
8) Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - $14.75 (B2G1F)
9) SMT III: Nocturne - $14.75 (B2G1F)
10) Star Wars: KOTOR II the Sith Lords - $2.50 (Steam) - Shout out to mcAwesomeo for being awesome.
11) Risen 2: Dark Waters - $6.32 (GMG)

Games beaten last 30 days: 7
1) Xenosaga III (PS2) - I can finally close the overdue backlog (circa 2007) on the Xeno series with a satisfying thump. I see the connection leading into Xenogears and me likes.
2) Botanicula - beautiful game, often times I just enjoy the sceneries and let the sound of digital nature play out.
3) To the Moon - beautiful story, but not much of a game to be honest. Loved the sound track.
4) Gemini Rue - nice twist of a story, but I don't know about the NES graphic level. Voice acting is nice.
5) Machinarium - prolly my favorite game of the GoG indie bundle, with possibly Geneforge exception.
6) Final Fantasy Tactics - Finally beaten my oldest backlogged game. Amazing game. Grindfest dream come true.
7) Utopia (SNES) - You colonize a few planets and you develop a recurring pattern to getting the Quality of Life to 100%.

Currently playing:
1) Gothic 3 (GoG) - In about 25 hours, after some growing pain, gotten the hang of the game. It's no Gothic 1&2, but close enough for me to buy the Forsaken Gods standalone when it went on sale.
2) FFXIII - Can't help but draw similarities of the main characters from the past protagonists of the earlier FF series. Cautiously getting into the game, chapter 3.
3) Dragon Quest 1 (aka Dragon Warriors) - was curious to replay after thoroughly enjoying DQ8. The game that started it all.

Backlog: from 38 to 44 [+6]
Time to Complete: from 62D/10H/44M - 82D/10H/37M*
*above time from howlongtobeat.com

2012 Summary:
Games bought - 31 (bundles counted as 1)
$ spent - ~$340's (+$140 more then i should have spent)
some noteworthy Free games: Mass Effect, Dragon's Age II, Metro 2033, Duke Nukem atomic 3d, Realms of Arkania 1-3
Comment: Good news is with Xenosaga III & FFT finally done, I am up to 2011 backlogs (games purchased in 2011), of which 14 games are left. Bad news is I bought 29 games in 2012 that is currently backlogged, not to mention 11 just from this month alone. Hopeful news is that my wishlist in GoG/Steam/Amazon has been cut down to 2 (xenoblade and sleeping dogs), so I might be good for awhile.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:18:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 8:31:26 AM PST
FOGE says:
Games purchased last 30 days: 5
1) Halo Reach $15
2) New Super Mario Bros $49
3) XCOM $25
4) Spec Ops The Line $10
5) Dishonored $25
The month prior ( I missed the last report)
1) Forza $35
2) Assassins Creed III $48
3) Lollipop Chainsaw $10
4) Halo 4 $40
5) Blops 2 $40

Games beat last 30 days: 3
1) Assassins Creed 3 - Great game albeit slow at times
2) Halo 4 - Incredible intro and overall great game. 343 put a lot of love into bringing life back to an aging franchise
3) Blops 2 - Good campaign but not great or that memorable. The MP and Zombies are fantastic fun.
The next one was from a month prior
1) Borderlands - Fantastic game. GOTY for me.

Currently Playing
1) Black Ops 2
2) Spec Ops The Line
3) Playstation All Stars

Backlog: 49 to 54 [+5] Good deals and Black Ops 2 made this go up. Spent 29 hours in Blops
Time to Complete: from 39D 2H 6M to 41D 19H 44M* [+2D 17H 38M]
Comment: I figured this month was a losing battle. I did beat a few games. And bought some great ones at great prices. Im happy with that. Now Ill use some self control and start beating all these awesome games.

End of The Year Summary
Games Bought: 34
Games Beat: 23
Money spent: $770

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:22:47 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Glad to hear you enjoyed Botanicula and Machinarium - Amanita Design is easily one of my favorite indie devs. Machinarium in particular is my favorite download-only game.

I started to really get into FFXIII once the Paradigm Shifts started feeling more necessary in combat. Hope it picks up for you, too.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:37:35 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Games purchased last 30 days: 5
1) To The Moon - $3.75 (Steam)
2) Splinter Cell: Conviction - $0 (XBL with Bing Points)
3) Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes - $0 (XBL with Bing Points)
4) Saints Row: The Third - $5 (Humble Bundle Donation)
5) Hotline Miami - $0 (Amazon with Bing Points)

Games beaten last 30 days: 5
1) Renegade Ops - Had a lot of fun with this co-op twin-stick shooter. Feels like the NES game, Jackal, for the modern age.
2) Assassin's Creed 3 - My favorite AC game of the numbered titles in the series. Combat is improved, protagonist is great, and the setting was really cool.
3) Max Payne 3 - A great Rockstar game. The presentation here is topnotch, as to be expected, and the gameplay is pretty solid.
4) Lord of the Rings: War in the North - A halfway decent hack-and-slash action RPG. Combat is really simple, so I recommend bringing a friend along if you decide to play it.
5) Q.U.B.E. - First-person puzzle game likely inspired by Portal. The progression of puzzle difficulty was well-implemented and most were fun to solve. The puzzle mechanics were pretty simple, so it's impressive they could squeeze as much out of it as they could. Decent game for the $4 I spent on it.

Games deleted from backlog: 1
1) Trials HD - It was pretty fun, but I don't see myself coming back for the last three (very difficult) stages

Currently playing:
1) Borderlands 2 (co-op)
2) 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (co-op...sorta)

Backlog: 52 to 60 [+8]
Time to Complete: from 29D 21H 04M to 42D 6H 48M

Sadly, only one backlog removal here. Two were co-op, one was a brand new game, one was a rental.

And here's the reason my count went up so much: I re-added some earlier games I had bought - Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, Plancescape Torment, and The Temple of Elemental Evil. Whether I will actually get to some of these is up in the air, but I figure I own them, so I should list them, at the very least as a reminder that I have them, ha.

Next month's update will probably be pretty rough, too, with likely Christmas game gifts as well as the upcoming Steam sale...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:41:48 AM PST
Athas says:
What was a nice plus was that my baby son would laugh at some of the silly noises emanating from Botanicula's silly denizens. I can see him playing this when he gets old enough, assuming he knows how to use obsolete mouse and not just touch screens only.

Coincidentally, after getting wiped by one of the bosses, I started paying closer attention to the paradigm shift, which was when the game started picking up for me too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:08:58 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
And funny that you should mention how many 2011 games you have. I recently went through my backlog seeing when all my games had released. Most of my backlog consists of 2010 games (13 of them), but I've got current gen titles dating back to 2007.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:39:57 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Number of backlogged games: 62
Time To Complete: 88 days, 7 hours

Games beaten in the last month: 1
Nier

Games purchased within the last month: 0

Net Change: -1

I did pick up a vita and a few games for that, but I don't count my portable or digital titles. My portable gaming tends to just be during my lunch breaks at work.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:44:39 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Have you been updating this all year? By the way completely agree on aciii. It pains me that there is so much inane hate for it

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:24:09 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yep, we've been doing this backlog support group for over a year now. Heh, my backlog has still grown, but it's at least a bit of an incentive to knock it down some.

Glad to hear you also enjoyed ACIII! I don't get the complaints, honestly. I could understand having issues if this was one's first AC game (they're not perfect), but compared to the prior numbered entries, I think it's an improvement in just about every way.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 7:07:31 AM PST
Athas says:
Year 1 Month 5 - new year, new resolution.

Games beaten last 30 days: 2
1) Dragon Quest 1 (replay)
2) Gothic 3 - the original 2006 vanilla game was nothing like the hardcore action rpg predecessors of the first 2 games. while graphics was impressive and story had potential, characters were heavily diluted, gameplay had degenerated into a hack & slash caricature, and the game was buggier then a Bethesda game on day 1.

Fast forward 6 years later amidst gigabytes worth of patches, fixes and restorations by the community patch team (CPT - who was eventually hired & paid by the game publishers) and Gothic 3 becomes a credible conclusion to its trilogy. Bugs are almost nonexistent, combat and leveling up system was completely retooled (and made optional). It's not perfect, but it's damn close. Love the modified ending. I went the good route, might try the neutral path with a more magical oriented character.

Currently playing:
1) FFXIII - Ch 8 story is finally starting to come together as each character's story gets revealed.
2) Neverwinter Nights - I played but never beat this game. getting this game to run correctly was a challenge. Playing the official campaign, ch 1.

Backlog: from 44 to 44 [+/-0]
Time to Complete: from 82D/10H/37M to 81D/18H/00M*

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 7:15:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 7:16:04 AM PST
FOGE says:
Games purchased last 30 days: 4
1) The Darkness
2) The Darkness 2
3) Heavy Rain
4) Heavenly Sword

Games beat last 30 days: 1
1) Spec Ops The Line - great little game that makes you think about other mindless shooters

Currently Playing
1) Black Ops 2
2) Madden 12
3) Mass Effect 2
4) Binary Domain

Backlog: 54 to 57 [+3] Spent a lot of time playing Mass Effect 2 so have actually done more progress than it appears.
Time to Complete: from 41D 19H 44M to 43D 5H 29M* [+1D 8H 15M]

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 7:27:03 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Number of backlogged games: 62
Time To Complete: 88 days, 0 hours

Games beaten in the last month: 0

Games purchased within the last month: 0

Net Change: 0 (But my estimated time went down by 7 hours!)

Well. At least it didn't go up?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 7:32:03 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Did you ever play Heavenly Sword before?

You're in for a treat.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 7:33:06 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
This is gonna be bad...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 7:33:44 AM PST
FOGE says:
No. I ve wanted it since I first played the demo at Best Buy. I believe that was 2006.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 7:37:39 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Forgive me, for I have sinned AKA It's harvest time...

Games purchased last 30 days: 21 ($6.50)
1) Dark Souls - $3 (Best Buy, mostly with reward certificates)
2,3,4) Shank 2, Snapshot, Offspring Fling - $1 (Humble Bundle)
5) Retro/Grade - $0 (PSN with BB reward certificate)
6) Dyad - $0 (PSN with BB reward certificate)
7) Mark of the Ninja - $0 (XBL with Bing Rewards)
8) Dust: An Elysian Tail - $0 (XBL with Bing Rewards)
9) Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - $2.49 (Steam)
10) Dead Island - Christmas gift
11) El Shaddai: The Ascension of Metatron - Christmas gift
12) Spec Ops: The Line - Christmas gift
13) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Christmas gift
14) de Blob 2 - Christmas gift
15) Thirty Flights of Loving - $0 (Steam with BB reward certificate)
16) The Walking Dead - $0 (Steam with BB reward certificate)
17) Mafia II - $0 (PSN with BB reward certificate)
18) Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty - $0 (PSN with BB reward certificate)
19) Sound Shapes - $0 (PSN with BB reward certificate)
20) Sleeping Dogs - $0 (Steam with BB reward certificate)
21) Darksiders 2 - $0 (Amazon with Bing Rewards)

Games beaten last 30 days: 7
1) Hotline Miami
2) Halo 4
3) Wizorb
4) El Shaddai: The Ascension of the Metatron
5) McPixel
6) Thirty Flights of Loving
7) The Walking Dead

Currently playing:
1) Spec Ops: The Line
2) Borderlands 2 (co-op)

Backlog: 60 to 76 [+16]
Time to Complete: from 42D 6H 48M to 50D 5H 40M
So many games, so little money spent! I should probably feel shame for amassing so many more games for the backlog, but buying 16 games after spending $6.50 out-of-pocket greatly assuages that feeling. I did use about $75 worth of BB certificates and Bing reward points, though, hehe.

I also got FTL and Orcs Must Die 2 as gifts, but neither will be added to the backlog (one may be a perpetual game I never "finish", one is co-op).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 7:42:01 AM PST
Athas says:
wow Kirk, looks like Bing and BB really delivered this year. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 7:44:28 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
That they did! Mostly been shoring the points away waiting for teh sales, which finally came within the past month.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  709
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2011
Latest post:  8 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions