Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:14:43 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:16 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:17:46 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:16 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:18:58 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I didn't think it was out of character, really. I -was- yelling at the TV that she shouldn't be so stupid. That said, she recently found out she was pregnant, son was almost killed, and husband is constantly putting himself in danger. I could see where her erratic behavior is coming from, ha.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:19:30 PM PST
Ice King says:
"(meanwhile, I sit here and attack Lori's decision... but at least to a much lesser extent, lol) "

You can attack the decisions a character makes, because they make stupid decisions. It's when you start questioning the writers that you become an imdb critic.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:23:09 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:17 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:26:22 PM PST
user22 says:
I see it as a good contrast to Rick's character. When Carl was shot, Rick didn't leave his side. He strongly believes in doing anything for his family. Lori on the other hand is more a woman of pride and honor...both of which were broken when she started a relationship with Shane after believing that Rick was dead. In my opinion, her leaving the farm in a panic shows that she is willing to do anything to make it up to Rick(including leaving Carl back at the farm) so that she can possibly feel better about herself.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:27:18 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
And yes, your point does have merit, and you're entitled to that opinion. I simply didn't get that, I took it another way, which is that her decision shows how thinly stretched they all are, and how hard it is to keep making one good decision after another. Actually, thinking about it, Lori, of ALL people, after ALL she has been through, "should" NOT have chosen to go off on her own like that, which I really do think is the writer's point there. You choose to see it as a gaff in the writing, and really, neither of us really know. I just think it heightens the sense that people are starting to make bad choices, that the cohesion of the group is really being ground down past any safety point. It needs to be rescued by a strong will, and very soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:28:21 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
"Erratic" behavior. Perfect descriptive word.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 1:34:38 PM PST
SMH says:
I didn't realize people were finding such a level of depth in this show. It would be interesting to know if the writers intended things some of you have mentioned or if people are just inventing depth where there isn't any. Either way, it's fun to read these point of views. It reminds me of conversations about Lost back when that was popular.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 1:41:30 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 27, 2012 1:42:12 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 1:43:50 PM PST
B. Rogers says:
I was wondering do you think Shane might now be infected since he cut his hand with the knife he just stabbed a zombie with?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:48:54 PM PST

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 1:50:37 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:52:02 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
Yeah, me too. I'm wondering how they, all of them, can get in close contact with the walkers, get blood sprayed in open wounds, or otherwise transfer the virus like Shane and the knife, and not get infected. Sooner or later, [another] one of them has GOT to come down with it. It hasn't happened in a while, it's about due.

I'm not sure that's how I want Shane to go, though. Or, well, hell, it wouldn't be all bad, show how helpless they are the situation is.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 1:52:32 PM PST
Edgardo says:
old guy (not the farm ownder but the annoying "kumbaya" old guy) needs to go
blonde chick needs to go

all the rest need to go from that ***ng farm, I liked yesterdays episode, Shane headbutt rick in the face AWESOME

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:53:25 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
Fun thread. And I'm glad that everyone stuck within just the show, no spoliers. I too don't want to know What Lies Ahead.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:53:43 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:54:38 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Dale is probably my favorite character next to Rick.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:55:17 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
Stay tuned, folks!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:57:10 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
Dale is like their moral compass, but with a compass with a cracked face plate.

And, I'm off to the gym, so when the ZA hits, I'm READY!!

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 1:57:19 PM PST
user22 says:
And how about Rick? He had open wounds on him from the fight with Shane, then he threw that dead body on top of himself when the walkers started pouring out of the broken window. Wouldn't he be infected if the zombies blood made it into his wounds?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 2:00:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 2:00:27 PM PST
M. Ogre says:
Ouch yeah, that was also pretty obvious. I think it's pretty clear though, he ain't gonna die, his character is central. He's not a disposable main character like the beheaded Ned Stark was in Game Of Thrones. Or at least I don't think he is...

I liked the end of that scene, where his gun barrel was sticking out the back of the one zombie's head.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 2:01:18 PM PST
user22 says:
I thought Rick said they had scratch marks? He said one of them had a scratch on his hand, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 2:01:51 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
He did. Shane didn't seem convinced, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 2:06:14 PM PST
user22 says:
Ha! Yeah, that was a cool move. Isn't there a saying something like, "if you can't go around it, go through it"?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  144
Total posts:  2331
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions