Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Happy Veterans Day, how was the gaming weekend?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-48 of 48 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:14:04 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I've only run across a couple that were hard to do. Like the final trade route naval mission and the final pegleg one where I'm looking for the treasure. Other than that, most of the conditions have been a breeze.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:47:16 AM PST
I played a little bit of Pokemon Sapphire. I also managed to get an Darkrai without buying that action replay nonsense. Last night I beat Assassins Creed 3, at least the main missions. I was happy to see that new ones pop up after the credits.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:05:51 AM PST
I celebrated Skyrim's birthday in style. I bet most of you forgot and didn't even think of this weekend...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:10:02 AM PST
FOGE says:
I remembered it bc my best friends sister got married the day Skyrim came out and he was bummed he had to stop playing.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:19:26 AM PST
R. J. Gutt says:
11/11/11

:)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:39:24 AM PST
Nicos says:
Played Zombicide. It was hard. The zombies destroyed us. I started El Shaddai. Man is that game amazing. I am not too keen on the gameplay, but the rest of it more than makes up for it. I love Lucifel. I wonder if all those little phonecalls he makes to god are specific to my playstyle. Like I didn't do so hot in the previous combat-section and he says "yeah... not so hot. He is struggling to know what weapons to use."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:46:06 AM PST
Clearly he married the wrong girl if he had to choose. The right girl would have understood and suggested postponing the wedding so she too could conquer dragons and explore every stone in Skyrim while no doubt killing countless people for whatever loot they might be hiding.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:59:32 AM PST
Prankster says:
Wait no I think the guy had to stop playing because it was an obligation to be there for his sister on her wedding day. Dunno if she married a gamer though. But the logic still stands. If she was a good sister she would have postponed her wedding so that her brother wouldn't have to stop playing Skyrim.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:03:38 AM PST
It's been over a year and Dragons are still spawning in Skyrim.

What have you done to help keep Skyrim free of dragons?

The Jarl of Whiterun wants you... To Fight Dragons!

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:07:11 AM PST
KrisCo says:
Finally beat Bayonetta on Normal difficulty. Can only imagine what hard difficulty will be like...

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:52:29 AM PST
Just beat Borderlands 2 for the first time. Used lvl. 30 Siren. All I have to do is, stay near cliff entrance where travel button is and fire away at the Warrior.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 2:04:57 AM PST
Prankster says:
I shall join the battle when the new year begins since that is a propitious moment!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 2:32:05 AM PST
Nicos says:
Nah, on the first playthrough you can actually solo him okay. The Rakk will leave you alone if you don't attack them and the only thing you have to worry about are the frigging crystalisks that show up. I was able to jump up on one of the statues and avoid them though.

On TVHM solo... yeah, that spot is your friend. Until you get your conference call shotty then you can take him down pretty fast.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 4:44:31 AM PST
Well i got close to beating halo 4 on legendary. its waaay harder than reach was on legendary. just two more missions and i'll be done. then i can say good-bye to legendary forever. co-op heroic is going to seem like a joke after this.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:49:53 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Now that the weekend is over it was great, minus losing heat for 3 days while my boiler is being replaced.

Up to 30 hours in AC3 now, still on Sequence 9, spent most of yesterday liberating and exploring New York. Got all my Homesteaders now, 1 Pegleg mission left.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:51:58 AM PST
I've been playing it on the PC using a 360 controller. The camera can get wonky during combat, but other than that the game is a pretty fun. The art style and especially the enemy designs are just fantastic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:58:27 AM PST
saskamazon says:
wow, my furnace stopped working on Friday night - was a blizzard & -20 here ... was chagrined to require emergency service ... why could it not have stopped during regular hours, & they said the fees for emergency service wouldn't lift until today - so there went a lump sum .... :-( hope you weren't too chilly there.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:11:04 AM PST
Superb. Went through alot of my backlog, more specifically: Resident Evil Revelations, Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, Armored Core V, Batman: Arkham City, and Samurai Warriors: Chronicles. Got some Rockband 3 in and played Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 with a good friend back in the states on Saturday. Purchased infinite grenade launcher on Resident Evil 6 which takes a bit of the fun out, but my wife loves it.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:14:50 AM PST
Meatwad says:
Been playing Deus Ex Human Revolution again. Damn, this game was good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:26:27 AM PST
OP says:
You must be referring to the Giant and the Storm, which I disliked intensely for the same reasons you expressed. I ended up having to chain shot all 3 ships (keeping them safely separated) and then ramming them from the front slightly off-center. Horrible mission if you're trying to get the 100% synch.

As for the weekend, up to Sequence 10 in Assassin's Creed 3, and got around to giving Lollipop Chainsaw a try.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:25:34 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I ended up using heat shot on the very front of their ships. As long as I hit them only in the front they didn't sink and it exposed the kegs. If they turned even a little and it hit them broadside, they sank.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:46:07 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Definately not -20 hah, still pretty cold though =p

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 9:54:05 AM PST
OP says:
Yeah, either way, it was pretty terrible. I'm not sure which I hated more: that one or that mission where you have to sneak aboard 2 ships without being detected in order to ignite the powder on both; took me a while to get the pattern down on that one.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions