Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Controversy Over AC3/PS3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-49 of 49 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 12:34:35 PM PST
You are probably just blinded by the games heavy title. Some people like to be extremely technical, like me, and Alien.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 12:53:28 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:39 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 1:02:36 PM PST
Yeah, I was aiming at the barrels too and it didn't let me fire.
Then all of a sudden after trying for 15 minutes it lets me.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:06:17 PM PST
Technosapien says:
I just shelved the game after playing through 6 chapters. I so regret getting this game at full price. It is just incredibly boring. I doubt I'll go back to it.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:06:31 PM PST
Waldo says:
I thought it was funny when that dominatrix popped out and threw those anal beads at everyone! lol

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 3:17:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 4:10:47 PM PST
Alien Fodder says:
Oh. My. Freaking. God....

Right after finishing a mission in Sequence five (A Trip to Boston) my PS3 completely froze and I had to do a forced shutdown. The controller wouldn't even respond anymore. This is just bad... If it weren't for the fact that it's an AC game and I do love it and I absolutely want to play the entire thing, I would just rage-quit for good. :(

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 3:27:17 PM PST
Waldo says:
Did you have all your updates done???? The PS3 one and the AC3 one?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:35:18 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
>>lip syncing issues<<

how is that a bad thing? remember the old Jackie Chan movies back in the 70s? the lip syncing was terrible in em, but yet the movies were highly rated.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:48:39 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
ROFL. Yes, you're just too technical. It's not that we could have possibly had different experiences, you're just more "technical".

That firing at the barrel segment worked on my first try once I realized they were on the ground. *shrugs*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 4:10:18 PM PST
Alien Fodder says:
@ Greg: Yes, I did the update for my PS3 on top of the patch for AC3. *sigh*

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 4:13:32 PM PST
Waldo says:
Again, odd how it only affects certain people. I haven't had that issue at all, except for Battlefield 3 where it would freeze then I would have to force shut it off. Doesn't do that anymore though. Think that happens more so on newer released games than anything. They will wind up eventually patching it again I'm sure like they do for most games on XBox & PS3!

I miss the old NES & SNES games were there were no such things as patches for games! They just worked right outta the box. Imagine that! lol

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:43:45 PM PST
How many people are playing this on the ps3 fatty? That may be a problem, because i heard the anvilnext engine aorks better with the cell processor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:53:04 PM PST
Harmicky says:
"...once the PS4 comes out, you can take that 1TB out [of the PS3] and slap it into the PS4 and save all your PS1, PS2, music, movies or whatever you have downloaded and play/listen/watch them all on the PS4."

That is an excessive amount of speculation.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:22:16 AM PST
hwcbn says:
PS3 super slim blu ray drive does seem to make more noise than previous models. Prob not an issue if its far away from you. Also with the newer versions of the slim PS3s you can now get your disc out if you get the YLOD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlhOq0gGv6Q

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:37:53 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
>>That is an excessive amount of speculation.<<

how so?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:47:37 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
hmm that was news to me, I guess I won't be trading my slim for the Super Slim after all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 3:11:09 AM PST
Harmicky says:
Because you have no idea what the specifications of the "PS4" will be. You don't know what HDD type it will use, what file format architecture it will use, whether it will reformat any newly installed HDD's, etc.

You can guess until the cows come home, but what you are presenting as fact is purely speculation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 3:40:16 AM PST
Alien Fodder says:
Playing on a PS3 slim that's about a year old. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:22:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 4:35:38 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
well, it can't be much different than the PS3. other than a multi core AMD processor, a Radeon 7670 graphics card, more CPU and GPU ram memory, 4000 resolution support, they gotta cram all this new stuff into a small space, so i'm pretty sure they'll be useing the SATA 2.5 hard drives again. if the new system is gonna be called the PS Orbis, I'm thinking it will be a sphere shaped system or that just may be the name of it and will be the same design as the PS3, who knows.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:14:17 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:40 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:40:06 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
nobody said that the PS4 wasn't gonna use FAT32 format either. for all you know it may use the same. even if that doesn't work, all that stuff can be put on an external hard drive and then transfered to the 1TB hard drive after it's been formatted. from what i've read, our PSN accounts will be carried from the PS3 to the PS4/Orbis, so all of our PS1 and PS2 games that were downloaded will be in the download history and won't have to rebuy them again to download on the PS4.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:06:31 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:40 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:33:35 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
>>The games can't simply be "put on an external drive and then transferred"<<

I never said that either, I meant the music, movies and game saves mainly to be transfered onto an external hard drive. of course you can't put downloaded PS1 or PS2 games on a external hard drive, would be great if you could though.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:56:03 AM PST
The console doesnt scratch easy, does it?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  49
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions