Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Official Guild Wars 2 VGF Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 678 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 7, 2012 7:59:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2012 8:09:53 PM PDT
Holy crap the dungeons are tough!

We eventually gave up after 10 wipes on the "Lovers" boss...

A group of 3 enemies really gives us a run for our money. I think I need to raise my toughness and vitality up quite a bit more.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 8:09:22 PM PDT
I noticed a good chunk of members aren't representing the guild. That doesn't bother me at all and I'm glad we at least have some numbers. I don't know if they're VGF or just a group of friends in their own guild, but if I start seeing those members only represent SouL during the +10% MF weekends and then jumping ship while the rest of us grind up influence during the week, I'll be a sad!

And then I'll make like a Thor and drop the hammer.

I don't want members of The Warriors of Sunlight who are working up influence and supporting the weekend MF and XP boosts to bring about some GW2 welfare. ;) I'm still looking at ways to reward those of you who are helping out. We all appreciate it!

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 12:19:36 PM PDT
How does guild representing work anyways? Can you be in multiple guilds and then you just represent the one you want?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 12:32:49 PM PDT
Yeah, you can be in up to 8 guilds, but only rep one at a time.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 12:49:50 PM PDT
I'll be doing some more cooking over the next few days. My new job has me working funny schedules (working today and tomorrow, Mon. and Wed. off this week) so I won't get to be on late weekend nights. If anyone has a specific food item they like and want more of, let me know. In the meantime I will keep putting a few different pieces in the guild bank. Has anyone been using the food stuff?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 1:24:46 PM PDT
I have! Thanks Nate!

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 1:30:09 PM PDT
Got some new food items in the guild bank. Apparently a lot of the basic food materials are now random drops from harvesting (cinnamon sticks from a sapling, seriously) or are in the various types of bags that enemies drop. No website has yet updated this info, and it took me hours of running around until I saw it mentioned on one forum to figure this out!

Anyways, I used a crafting booster and got a TON of XP doing cooking stuff. I can now make banana cream pies and strawberry cream pies. One gives health every second and the other is a chance to gain life on crits, so eat up and enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2012 2:38:34 PM PDT
Nate, it looks like you're the guild cook. When I get cooking mats, u want me to mail them direct to you? Cooking is one skill that I have no interest in since I have to do that everyday in real life.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 4:40:28 AM PDT
You can either mail them to me or drop them in the guild bank. If there's any particular food item you like and want more of, just let me know.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 5:01:23 AM PDT
Anet finally linked my correct GW1 and 2 accounts last night. The medium and heavy heritage armor sets look *amazing*. The light armor set... not so much.

Having a flaming sword is awesome though. There's a platforming sequence in Lion's Arch where there is no light and you need to jump from one platform to the next. If you don't have a torch (which thieves can't use), or some kind of spell that causes light, it's extremely tough. I had to shoot my exploding arrows into the air for a momentary flash of light and then hope I make the jump. Well, the sword gives off light so that platforming sequence is much more manageable.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 6:01:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2012 6:02:14 AM PDT
Question for everyone who has been able to spend some time in the game. I have several pieces of equip that has a rune in it and it says the enchant or upgrade is 1/2 and the second effect is grayed out. Is there a way to upgrade it to where it has the second effect?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 6:04:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2012 6:05:07 AM PDT
Think of them like "make your own set" runes.

If you have two of the same runes on different armor pieces, you get the bonus.

Some set runes have 6 bonuses, so you need one of them on each piece of armor.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 9:36:51 AM PDT
Hey all, I moved off Ft Aspenwood to Stormbluff. Paiis is my toon name. I'd like to join up if you are still doing invites. I should be on tonight 8-11pm Central.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 9:38:00 AM PDT
We're always doing invites ;)

I'll add your name to the front page and we'll get someone to send you an invite tonight.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 9:38:06 AM PDT
I'll look for you to send an invite. Also, feel free to pst me. My toon name is Martartus.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 9:40:32 AM PDT
I think our Economy level 3 is going to be done researching tonight and we can start researching the +10 Magic Find for Friday-Sunday. I might also research the +5% exp bonus for the same time period.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 10:06:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2012 10:06:34 AM PDT
Thanks to both you and Capt K. I'll be sure to whisper and try to catch you when you are on.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 10:15:40 AM PDT
Sars says:
how do you represent the guild, I thought if you were in it automatically popped up.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 10:17:37 AM PDT
Hit 'G' to go to the guild page, select the guild you want to represent from the list, then click on 'represent' at the bottom.

If you make a new character you have to represent the guild with that character. I don't think it's automatic.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 10:21:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2012 10:22:10 AM PDT
Sars says:
cool ill do that when i get on tonight, I really need to try to level up my main a little bit so i can do some of the cool stuff with yall lol, exploring and crafting has got me so deep involved in the game that i dont even pay attention to leveling up. Every area i go to i just want to find everything that is in the area. I also just started a warrior last night

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 10:23:34 AM PDT
Sars says:
what does the food items do, do they just give you buffs for a short period of time

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 10:26:53 AM PDT
Yeah. they generally give you a boost to a stat and additional xp per kill.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 10:33:53 AM PDT
Sars says:
thats kool, Im sure i have some materials i can add to the bank that im sure you can use, I havnt touched them and probably never will so, might as well let someone put them to use. Is there any specific materials you are looking for.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 10:41:45 AM PDT
The bank is kinda full. I'm going to just mail all of my food mats that aren't account bound(really, EGGS!?!) to Nate since he's turning into our guild cook.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 12:40:05 PM PDT
Just got into my first 35-45 area (after doing some lower level stuff to 100%), and I'm getting a lot of good crafting materials. I was level 41 or 43 when I entered the area, and now I'm 45 already.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  678
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions