Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Summary of the Legislation on the 2013 Assault Weapons Ban

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 220 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:20:14 PM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Kinda funny that you saw governments fall all over the Middle East this year due to popular uprisings in areas where the people were not 'empowered.' Yet in the empowered/educated West, where you can be anything you want to be, people continually say that the government/military is all-mighty and would *crush* the people like the insects they are. People are funny....

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:22:27 PM PST
Only in America do we punish the law abiding/hard working and reward the lazy/criminals.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:22:57 PM PST
Have you seen the average American? They can barely stand up much less run and fight.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:23:30 PM PST
I bet this is not true.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:23:32 PM PST
Voice of god says:
No, I didn't. I used an analogy to highlight the fact that something being a hobby doesn't make it acceptable. Would you prefer I be more specific? Here: The fact that a weapon can be the basis for a hobby doesn't mean we as a society should be okay with people possessing that weapon.

Hobby =/= automatically okay
"It's okay because it's a hobby" =/= valid argument

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:25:18 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
So that is why none of the like 50,000 Yakuza in Japan have guns right? I wonder how dangerous the Swiss mafia is?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:26:11 PM PST
Yeah, they should focus on bullying!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:27:01 PM PST
Voice of god says:
"What about a real life scenario like Hurricane Katrina where the police were useless and people were getting robbed raped and killed? I bet a firearm would be good to defend yourself in that situation. Did the bad guys have guns?"

Probably. It certainly would have made the robbing, raping and killing easier.

Hooray guns!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:27:22 PM PST
"doesn't mean we as a society should be okay with people possessing that weapon."

As I said, feel free to move to a country where the society isn't OK with possessing that weapon. Guns are embedded in American culture. I don't think that will change during any of our lifetimes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:29:58 PM PST
I guess I can't ignore you anymore. Am I allowed to mention any weapons I buy?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:31:20 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
OK, so now the only people that own guns are now robbers rapers and killers? There are certainly gun nuts out there, but you sir are an anti-gun nut.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:35:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 12:36:52 PM PST
Lol, I was just giving you a hard time this morning. I could care less what you post.

Hence the mission accomplished post after you acknowledged CPT Numbnuts. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:36:02 PM PST
Yes, yes he is.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:36:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 12:44:15 PM PST
Voice of god says:
Why wouldn't you be the one to move? You're the one who has a problem with regulating guns like it says in the document that's the basis for our country's entire legal system.

I recommend Somalia. No oppressive government gun control measures there. Or fees or taxation. Or government. It's a paradise of unfettered gun ownership and Randian self-sufficiency.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:40:22 PM PST
YIGT says:
I have a large amount of guns and not a single one is registered anywhere and i dont plan on registering them no matter what happens. My dads old pistol might be registered to him but i think he might have gotten it at a gun show. I know that all the guns i have where traded or were bought when you didnt have to register.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:41:12 PM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
Gives new meaning to the song, "if I had a hammer..."

However, would they even qualify as mass-murderers, using only a hammer? The cops would take them out before they got their kills. Unless you are talking old-school serial killers where they do it on the sly for many years before being caught. As far as these mass-killing sprees you see these days, not likely they would make it very far going melee only.

Gun control may not stop the nutcases, true, but it can definitely slow them down.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:41:54 PM PST
WeaKeN says:
From a document that America was built on - 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:43:04 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 27, 2012 1:13:43 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:43:06 PM PST
I actually have learned how to defend myself against someone wielding a hammer. They may get me but I might get them. Not the case with a gun.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:43:43 PM PST
Sounds like it's saying that we need guns to have a militia?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:46:38 PM PST
WeaKeN says:
"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"the people" are people that live in america

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:47:41 PM PST
I have learned how to defend myself against people wielding variety of different kinds of fruit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:48:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 12:50:44 PM PST
Voice of god says:
The officially ratified document was a slightly different version. It loses the commas after militia and arms and takes out the capitalization. It changed the meaning a little bit, plus it just reads better.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:49:22 PM PST
Nightmare says:
The 2nd Amendment, as I said previously, is irrelevant from a legal point of view. Even without it (or the rest of the Bill of Rights), the principle stands that the Federal Government does not have the power to regulate guns. The entire Bill of Rights is superfluous. The Federal Government is given specific powers only, and their authority does not extend beyond those delegated powers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:50:08 PM PST
Like Elton John?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Help me get my loot & level fix: Path of Exile, Marvel Heroes 2015, or The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing? 39 10 seconds ago
What Game Would Get You To By A Wii U? 100 20 seconds ago
TLOU Definitive Edition annouced for PC holiday 2015 26 59 seconds ago
Why critics love Mountain, but Steam users are calling it "worthless" 12 1 minute ago
that 10 million ps4 sold was bs 5 2 minutes ago
OT: Does Your Police Force Have a Big Scary MRAP? 33 2 minutes ago
"Titanfall bundle is done," Microsoft says. 7 2 minutes ago
Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition thread 142 2 minutes ago
Destiny 21 August Interview 8 3 minutes ago
OT: Richard Dawkins: 'immoral' to allow Down's syndrome babies to be born 102 4 minutes ago
PS4 vs. Xbox One -- An unbiased look at which games are currently available on each console 351 6 minutes ago
Five mysterious Microsoft studios reveal themselves and begin recruiting developers, artists and designers 33 7 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  220
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions